For a detailed third party review of RacingBrake rotors and pads, please check this link on NAGTROC:
In order to ensure quality control, each and every rotor has itís hardness tested with a Brinell hardness tester.
Each set of rotors includes brand new mounting hardware to attach the RB disc to the OEM hat.
Material: Racing Formula Alloyed Gray Iron
Finish: Straight Slot
Surface Treatment: EDP Coating w/cross cut grinding on brake pad contact area
Material: Alloyed iron formula adds strength
The cooling vanes are of a convergent nozzle design, which increases airflow and
turbulence and keeps discs cooler.
- The rotor is directional (with RB's convergent curved vanes) vs. OE's non-directional (pillar vanes):
-Better air circulation resulting cooler operating temperature.
- RB iron rotors are alloyed iron vs. OE's regular iron:
-Stronger brake torque with lasting performance and more resistant to wear.
- Disc surface (including the inner vanes) is coated with EDP vs. OE's plain surface:
-Prevent from undesirable rusting/corrosion therefore extends the life and serviceability.
- Weight saving: RB Ring weighs 16.0 lbs each which weighs less than OE disc.
-Lighter weight = quicker pedal response and higher braking efficiency.
- Disc surface is slotted vs. OE's plain finish:
-Help to escape the brake pad gases or other substances for more efficient braking performance.
- Overall performance improvement and more durable than OE:
-Save maintenance/replacement cost (rotor and pads) and down time.