Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Breaking in? - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
discodan
Registered 911 Terminator

Default Breaking in?

I read an earlier post in the forum about breaking periods on the car and my salesman has informed me that you do have to break in the engine for 500 - 1000 miles approx. So is this true and if so how have you all been going about driving with breaking in the car? I've had differing opinions on the topic such as no hard acceleration at all to mixing up accelerations, slow speeds and building up. Any advice?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
mc
"powered by HKS"

per nissan:

first 300 miles dont exceed 4K rpm and no hard acceleration or braking. 300 miles to 1200 miles avoid hard acceleration and run the suspension in comfort mode
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
WATGTR
Registered Member

Daniel, If you're buyiing from the dealer in Dubai then you've no doubt been talking with the same salesman as I did (since he's the only one!!!). The advice I got was keep below 5000 rpm for 1000 kms with gentle acceleration and braking then, after first service/oil change, acclerate and brake as you like below 5000 rpm from 1000 to 2000 kms. Thereafter all systems go!

I've followed this advice and I'm now at 1300 kms; the engine sounds more growly, and the gearbox feels smoother and sounds less clunky.

I am however still waiting for freaking floor mats 3 months on!!!

Gary
WATGTR is offline   Reply With Quote