Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Is 570 kit really worth it? - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
frosteds
Registered Member

Default Is 570 kit really worth it?

Posted a question recently pertaining to the 570 kit. Just installed a titek midpipe with legamax exhaust and was thinking about the HKS kit to complete the power transformation. I have the opportunity to purchase and install, but I found out that the install is labor intense and costly at 24-30 hours depending upon skill levels. After reading the post on drag times... in comparision to Cobb acess tuned cars.. I just don't know if the added cost is worth it...any opinions from owners or smart guys?....
frosteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

call Jon @ south side performance, im sure you will change your mind once you've spoken to him, he is an honest guy and will tell you what your best bang for your buck is.

Objects in mirror are disappearing...
nickbegonja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

i use 570 kit cause the custom EVC and stronger actuator.
i had try to estimate a combination "mix" brand 570kit(you can check stuff from Speed for Sale),the price lower a bit but the quality can't match to HKS...personally.
99% GTR R35 products from market are over value now,include 570 kit.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbegonja55 View Post
call Jon @ south side performance, im sure you will change your mind once you've spoken to him, he is an honest guy and will tell you what your best bang for your buck is.
haha, Nick,my transmission solenoid trouble todayleft 2/4/6 even gears only...
trans upgrade and oil change is priority,Jon is great
Old 04-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
alpeks
Registered Member

its not worth it.we have dynoed a gtr with hksgt570 kit and a legamax exhaust.it is 487 hp at the wheel.we phoned directly tı hks.they told us that it could be because the did nt wrote anything that it gives 570 hp at the wheel.that was for engine .my car has cobb 1 stage.it gives 447 hp at the wheel for 1000usd
alpeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpeks View Post
its not worth it.we have dynoed a gtr with hksgt570 kit and a legamax exhaust.it is 487 hp at the wheel.we phoned directly tı hks.they told us that it could be because the did nt wrote anything that it gives 570 hp at the wheel.that was for engine .my car has cobb 1 stage.it gives 447 hp at the wheel for 1000usd
487 a bit lower than what i heard before....normally we used +10% lost for our R35,and the kit should do a 560+hp,that's about 500whp+. first,not all the dyno machines can get same result ,than Japan's fuel octane is higer than most of country.oh yes,the humi/temp of your country,like mine....34degree C+-...last,put your car dyno in Japan may be can get a 500+whp or add a can of octane booster before Dyno.

i agree the cobb with a good tune(1.2bar+) can match the 570kit hp output,after enjoy the Cobb AP's performance, i just need the 570 kit for further improvement.HKS's blow off valve piping is nice looking,it cost for beauty.intercooler piping bending is piece of art in mind(you can't see it),that make me comfortable when driving without worry any rubber leakage and the turbo spool slightly faster cause the pipng won't expand. that 2 lovely actuators stronger at least 3 to 4times+ stronger than stock when i pull it by hand,it shall hold the boost much more stable and higher at high rpm. And i think that is a secret ingredient in the custom R35 EVC(will check by EVC manager later).we all like the best,right?but YES! it is expensive. and it really show some improve.

personally:you can get the same result(almost) with other brand's products at a stock engine,it just depends the boost level.

Last edited by Norman; 04-13-2009 at 09:03 AM..
Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
mindlessoath
Registered Member

you guys may want to read this
http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=2378

basicaly alot of dyno readings are going to be off. really the main differnce is going to be before and after not max. so always do a before and after dyno to see the true upgrade, but most importaintly make sure the dyno is configured properly. Sp engineering and some other dyno's had the weight of the car off, it wasnt set to the 3800 or whatever it really was for the car. making the weight off will make the reading off big time.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessoath View Post
you guys may want to read this
http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=2378

basicaly alot of dyno readings are going to be off. really the main differnce is going to be before and after not max. so always do a before and after dyno to see the true upgrade, but most importaintly make sure the dyno is configured properly. Sp engineering and some other dyno's had the weight of the car off, it wasnt set to the 3800 or whatever it really was for the car. making the weight off will make the reading off big time.

Yes Sir, i need to find a accurate Dyno and try again....may be Singapore
Old 04-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosteds View Post
Posted a question recently pertaining to the 570 kit. Just installed a titek midpipe with legamax exhaust and was thinking about the HKS kit to complete the power transformation. I have the opportunity to purchase and install, but I found out that the install is labor intense and costly at 24-30 hours depending upon skill levels. After reading the post on drag times... in comparision to Cobb acess tuned cars.. I just don't know if the added cost is worth it...any opinions from owners or smart guys?....
how much is the labor cost for the installations???
Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
haha, Nick,my transmission solenoid trouble todayleft 2/4/6 even gears only...
trans upgrade and oil change is priority,Jon is great
norman you had trouble with the solenoid, how did you fix it norman, yourself..

Objects in mirror are disappearing...
nickbegonja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #11
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

YES! by myself....at home and 6 friend (mechanics)surround me that night. i have lots friend from every levels, lucky^^
true story is: i drain out the OEM oil, try to clean and drain by other cheaper oil--start the engine--engage each gear for 5 second.... then suddenly noticed that it engage 1st gear already!what a surprise...may be the debris drain out with the oil...ahaha ,so lucky.
but my friends ORDER me must open the oil pan for a total cleaning. end of the story.happy ending^^
Old 05-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #12
elpasocrna
Registered Member

Originally I would have told you no way... But now with more and more knowledge of the situation I would say its a great package. Bc Im sure most people will tell you that they have found out that all the parts are necessary. I was one of the unfortunate people that decided to piece things together saying well that piece is really not neccessary but they all are... man i have some extreme respect for HKS knowing all of this before the rest of us.
1. HKS evc 6 boost controler=600
2. Down Pipes = 1000
3. spark plugs = 150
4. intercoling piping =2000
5. midpipe = 800
6. actuators = 600
so actually you can put this together for less... (3350) but you need all of these things, believe me you do...
7. not having to pay for all of the hassle and find out that you absolutely need all of these things = priceless..
if your smart you will buy all of these parts plus an exhaust, fuel injectors, and pro tune then your set at 550 whp.

Plus when most people tell you down pipes/ boost controler are not necessary they dont know what they are talking about.
and a nice exhaust is gonna make a difference if you plan on upgrading in the future. Its not gonna make a difference from a stock setup but if you plan on getting some big HP your gonna need it..
this knowledge comes from learning the hard way and im posting it to help save other from making the same mistakes...

Last edited by elpasocrna; 05-07-2009 at 11:18 PM..
elpasocrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

where is Blow off valve?
Guess this is your "Mix" brand 570 kit^^
Old 05-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #14
mindlessoath
Registered Member

The blow off valve is not needed. However when upgrading the turbo you will need an adjustable one, something like synapsis or the like.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
elpasocrna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessoath View Post
The blow off valve is not needed. However when upgrading the turbo you will need an adjustable one, something like synapsis or the like.
synapse seems to be the best.
elpasocrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
mindlessoath
Registered Member

i would agree at this point and time. but my limited knowledge of BOV's would suggest there are possible other solutions.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #17
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

HKS 600kit is coming!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:39 AM   #18
Ra3y_Datsun
Registered Member

nice to hear that.
08 Suzuki Jiminy 4X4 - White
07 Nissan Patrol - White
83 Datsun 280 ZX 2+2 White
Ra3y_Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

570kit+ fuel regulator+ prime & secondary fuel pump+ primium suction(air filter intake piping)= GT600kit