SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #26
carman1962

$84000 is 10K over!
carman1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #27
alex55

I'm new to this but quite simply don't buy or inquire about the car tell them to take there markup up and shove it! Tell you the truth I blame the people who pre-order who are basically telling the dealers " sure go ahead and stick your hands deep into my pockets and take what you like as long as i get the car ". Just like every new car that comes out they put so much hype behind it and mark it up so in essence your just paying 10-15k more for the hype. Six months to a year after the hype settles then they will sell the cars for their msrp.
alex55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #28
Myutahgtr
Registered Member

I know what you are talking about. The local dealer here said it would be $106,000. The buyer doesn't choose any options. He said he'd email me info about the cars they were getting a week ago, and still nothing.
Myutahgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #29
TheDealMaker
Registered Member

For anyone who is absolutely serious and ready right now to buy a GT-R...PM me and I'll assist you in doing so. No promises, only real help. I ask nothing in return.
TheDealMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #30
elpasocrna
Registered Member

did any one try the colorado springs dealer i talked about. 7.5 k over msrp. plus 10k down???
P.S. The prices will not come down... People will eventually buy all of those cars. at approx 10k over. They r the best car in the world for that price.
You cant compare them to corvettes or porsches bc there are millions of them on the road.
elpasocrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #31
alex55

ya best car in the world and all that good stuff but nissan is in it for business reasons and eventually they will meet supply with demand and prices will stabilize. When i bought my 04 m3 they said all that crap to and with my yamaha r1 and if you go to them now you can find em easy. Anyhows if you wanna pay over msrp i think more power to ya but man you can use that money for more mods in my opinion.
alex55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #32
Risky_Business
Registered Member

Default Welll...

a bit of a different situation so far here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). I've talked to a few local dealerships who are authorized as GT-R retailers.

Canadian MSRP is $84, 900. I am not seeing any requests for mark up and have been told by two different dealerships not only will Nissan not permit it, but it is illegal.

With the 13% tax applied, it brings the car to 95thous+.

This should be interesting...

Last edited by Risky_Business; 07-31-2008 at 09:14 PM..
Risky_Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #33
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

anyone in Canada looking for a 2009 GT-R?!
Gotzira
-Kaizen Tuning LLC (978) 266-9900
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Ev0H8t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:52 AM   #34
HAYABUSA
Registered Member

Cool GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0H8t3r View Post
anyone in Canada looking for a 2009 GT-R?!
WHY DO YOU ASK, IF YOU CAN NOT HELP GET ONE?
HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #35
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

I can point you to a dealer...the best I can do...many of you in CANADA know how to import cars in...the best I can do
Gotzira
-Kaizen Tuning LLC (978) 266-9900
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Ev0H8t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #36
tex godzilla
Registered Member

I have my Super Silver landing in three weeks! I will let you know if the "premium" was worth it or not but my guess is that it will be! 10K over!
tex godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #37
scottishladd
Registered Member

Default Buyer's Beware

Hello all, I would like to point out a few facts and give some pointers to all that are still looking for a car.

1 Nissan cannot legally force a dealer into selling the car for a specific price due to both state and federal laws. Price fixing prevents collusion on the price, market conditions are the factor that dictates price. I can walk into any Nissan dealer in the USA and buy a full size pick up truck for thousands under invoice, why? Because high gas prices and poor economy has killed sales and supply is very high. Should Nissan prevent dealers from selling at or below cost? You can't have your cake and eat it....

2 If you place a deposit with a dealer for $5k range over MSRP and actually expect to get the car you may be in for a shock unless you have some sort of purchase order that clearly states that you will receive the #3 car they have been allocated etc. Some dealers will just tell you that your car was not built and try to switch you to next year when prices settle down (how can you tell if they actually have a car allocated for you?). My dealer has made it very clear to me that he would not be the least bit unhappy if I cancel and he could sell my car to someone else for at least 10K more than I have agreed to pay (his opinion). Your dealer should be able to provide you with a written order confirmation from NISSAN that very clearly shows your name and address and the factory order number for you, if the dealer does not have this document then you will most likely not be getting your car as the dealer will just put it on the showroom floor and try to sell for more than what you were willing to pay.

My wife is the VP for a top 20 dealer group in the USA and knows how these things work.

In Stable
2009 Nissan GTR Premium in Silver (On Order)
2004 Maserati Coupe Cambio 38K Miles
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer 72K Miles
1995 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan 5K Miles
1986 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet 26K Miles
1985 Maserati Quattroporte 15K Miles (I may sell this one, possibly one of the best in the country)
1964 Wife, Low Mileage, Low Maintenance, Good Bodywork, Minor Dents/Scratches (may consider trade for newer model)
scottishladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #38
Risky_Business
Registered Member

Default Some...

good points above ^.
Risky_Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #39
totsubo
Registered Member

That is why I got mine...

I would not leave a deposit on a car I could not see in front of me.

But, I told the dealer if they sold me that one on the lot... right now... I would take it at their asking price.

Sucks to be the guy who was on the "waiting" list. I drove off with the first GT-R that dealer got.

If you really want one, just walk into a dealer that has one on the showroom floor. I am guessing that they will sell it to you at their price... even if they have it "reserved".
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #40
river57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0H8t3r View Post
yeah $5K seems to be the norm, but I believe $7K MSRP is about the average.

I never bought a highe end performance car here in the states, so this is all new to me...Before knowing the final verdict of the GTR coming to the USA, I was looking at the M5, M3 and Audi RS4, but all of them are priced at invoice with their diplomatic sales department...So I was vey pleased and had no issues...So when I finally was able to start look around at the GTR I was really schocked...but I really cant blame the dealers, but over $10K of MSRP is just crazy! I was really disapointed that the Nissan Diplomatic sales is not offering the GTR at this time...but the guy emailed me again and said he is trying hard for the 2010 yr.
Amazing! Two years later, Diplomatic Auto Sales still advertises the 2010 and 2011 GTR available. Upon a quote request and contacting a sales agent, they lament to inform me that "due to the limited allocation, the Nissan GTR is not available for DiploSales as to not upset Dealers".

I'm going thru this right now!

Julio
river57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 AM   #41
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

I know that there are safeguards on mark downs, but mark ups are fair game.
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #42
MAXIMAS01

Currently I am as well trying to get a Nissan gt-r in the Chicago, Ill area. There are only two of them in the chicago area and one of them is used with 2,383 miles on it. It still has Nissan's warranty which can mean two different things; the owner did not us launch control or the dealer is just lying. But I will give them an offer and hope they accept, they had that car there since march.

But other than that, I hope I can get it. GL to all that are searching for that right GT-R for themselves.

Last edited by MAXIMAS01; 09-21-2010 at 06:32 AM..
MAXIMAS01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #43
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Good luck, let us know how it goes...
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #44
MAXIMAS01

I am trying to get my dad to give some support other than negative support on the engines health. I was wondering if there is any chance of the ecu recording the duration that the rpm was held at red line. Any help on that would be appreciated.

I will most likely give an offer to the dealer ship by this friday. and hope to receive a message back from them by next week friday.
MAXIMAS01 is offline   Reply With Quote