Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Alcon Super Kit big brake system review from Arick in Atlanta - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Default Alcon Super Kit big brake system review from Arick in Atlanta

We recently installed another Alcon Super Kit big brake system, and the lucky owner of this kit is Arick from here in the Atlanta. Arick ran his GT-R at Virginia International Raceway this weekend, and had this to say about the Alcon Super Kit:

"Hey guys,
I just got back from track day at VIR. They performed wonderfully. I found myself diving deeper and deeper into the brake zone. I think if I have to sum up the brakes in a word: Confidence. Confidence that the brakes will get you down to speed, confidence that you have perfect control through the turn, and confidence that it will be the same on the first lap as the last lap of the day. It wasn't as apparently during the first half of the day when we ran the north course which was much more technical and not as high speed. Not that the brakes were bad, they just didn't whoa me as much at that point (minus the linear range of control which is something that i don't think I can ever live without now). In the afternoon, we ran the full course and I'm not sure if you guys have run it, but where it really shined was on the back straight. On my first run, coming over the crest of the hill at the top, I found myself letting off the gas and braking WAY too early. Mainly because I was afraid of what was over the hill. Ironically, after I knew what was over the hill, I still found myself braking early! At one point, I was talking to an instructor and he just laughed and said "Yeah, it's scary. You just need to have faith." To me, that was the brakes. On my next run, I floored it down that straight, topping out at 145mph before braking. Even then, I was STILL braking too early. Sorry, didn't have that much faith yet . Regardless to say though, the Alcon Big Brakes definitely gave me the confidence to floor it over the hill and charge into the "unknown" at higher speeds. All in all, GREAT product."

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
Parts installation articles: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC (Sales@SpeedForSale.com / 770-777-4774)

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.SpeedForSale.com/forum
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
mc
"powered by HKS"

yeah i met him and saw this set up. im sure they performed well.... but man did they look great on the car too much better on a black car than the brembo orange/ gold..

2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3

Last edited by mc; 02-25-2010 at 06:29 PM..
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
shinigami

is there a big diffrence between them and the stock brembo breks ? is there more stopping power ?
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Yes, the Alcons are far superior to the OEM brakes in every performance aspect. One of our clients has taken his car to most major race tracks around the world in Japan, Singapore, Germany (Nurburgring), and many others, and has not reported ANY fade or loss of bite during any sessions. And, they are completely quiet with no squeal! Top notch stuff...

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer

Parts installation articles: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC (Sales@SpeedForSale.com / 770-777-4774)

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.SpeedForSale.com/forum
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
JaredPink
NGTRC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyBlackwell View Post
One of our clients has taken his car to most major race tracks around the world in Japan, Singapore, Germany (Nurburgring), and many others, and has not reported ANY fade or loss of bite during any sessions. And, they are completely quiet with no squeal! Top notch stuff...
The same customer that provided this review! He plans to provide more indepth feed back of how the brakes performed at all the tracks around the world.

Jared Pink - ASE Master Certified (A1-A8) & L1 Certified.
Toyota Factory Trained Master Diagnostic Technician & Hybrid Certified

Lead technician for Speed For Sale LLC (Jared@SpeedForSale.com)

--
JaredPink is offline   Reply With Quote