SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Nissan have badged the GT-R as an Infiniti?
Absolutely, I wish it was the Infiniti GT-R. 31 18.79%
No way, it's always been a Nissan & always will be. 117 70.91%
I don't care either way, the brand doesn't matter to me. 17 10.30%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #51
kwang

i think using nissan is better
kwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #52
madjh
Registered Member

The nissan sky line is alwayas the skyline, not only the gtr. I dont know why they dont use the "sky line "name. And of course is a nissan not an infiniti, the other model could be but not the sky line gtr
madjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #53
PERRIN_ADAM
Registered Member

DUH NO!!!!! Just like Honda should have left the NSX a Honda , not an Acura!
PERRIN_ADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #54
Aoshi1

Stick with the way it's been...Nissan all the way.
Aoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #55
williamspaul

Agreed, Nissan brand suits the car better.
For Sale: 2000 ML430 (dark blue) $12k - msg me for info
Sold: 2005 Altima SE-R (code red)
williamspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #56
mindlessoath
Registered Member

After seeing how NNA handled everything... I think nissan japan should have handled it only. Nissan name of course should stay. But maybe they should have been serviced only at infinity shops or something with higher care. NNA really should have stressed more to the customer like the need for more maintanace than a z06 because its more like a lambo that you can drive every day. They really let the whole launch control problem get out of control too. They were really not ready or un informed.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #57
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Infinitys are for people who can't afford a GTR. lol
nickbegonja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #58
skylineblue25

Default Its a NISSAN

I think they did it the right way considering its a skyline not a G35 I think that if they would have put the infinity logo on it. It would have been strange. that's like Honda naming their new civic si the Acura civic si it's just not right plus infinity GTR doesn't sound right. "NISSAN GTR" which is the 2009 NISSAN Skyline GTR-35 not the infinity skyline GTR-35.
skylineblue25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 AM   #59
dreamlinee
Registered Member

I'm glad the GTR stay as Nissan and as for the serivce wise my local Nissan is great. They rolled out the red carpet for me when ever I'm there. They gave me a brand new Altima off the lot for a loaner and they wash and waxed my GTR when the job is done.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #60
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Acura\Infiniti just for US market use only, Nissan GTR R35 is a international car.

Last edited by Norman; 03-01-2009 at 12:26 AM..
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #61
yearn2burn
Registered Member

Asking whether the GTR should have been Infiniti instead of Nissan is like asking a parent the hypothetical question: If you could change the past, would you re-roll the sperm and egg dice for a different child? The attachment to your child would keep you from ever wanting to trade in.

From a marketing standpoint, it seems to me that it would have opened up a larger market. Anyone who would want a Nissan GTR would want an Infiniti GTR, but there are lots of image conscious people that would go for an Infiniti, but not a Nissan.

On the other hand, I came from the Porsche world, and there certainly was plenty of teutonic snobbery expressed when I first talked about the GTR. I don't think the Infiniti name would have changed that. It's still Japanese. BTW, it is 10 times more car than my old Cayman S for near the same price.

Last edited by yearn2burn; 12-29-2009 at 11:43 PM..
yearn2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #62
williamspaul

The Nissan brand is available across the globe, Nissan are still introducing the Infiniti brand and setting up the Infiniti network. If the GT-R was sold as an Infiniti, they would be putting limits on where it could be sold and where it could be supported. The UK is one of the GT-R's major target markets and Infiniti was only introduced there last year.

Just my 2 cents.
-Paul
For Sale: 2000 ML430 (dark blue) $12k - msg me for info
Sold: 2005 Altima SE-R (code red)
williamspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #63
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Yes, Infiniti is a "US brand" for US market only and too new for international~ not famous/success as LEXUS. GTR for Worldwide market have to use Nissan ^^
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #64
tysymo

It always has been and always should be a Nissan.
tysymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #65
OdyOwnage
Japanese Muscle Car

How silly.

1995 Toyota Supra / 2JZGE-T / 5 speed / 301 RWHP @ 8 LBS
OdyOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #66
0260N3

Talking I like they kept it Nissan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLsupra View Post
Well, I am the odd ball and voted it as Infiniti
Why, because, when it's time to do maintenance, you will see the difference how staff treating you compare to Nissan. You will also get free car wash if it's under Infiniti and free loaner car if the service takes long.

My Nissan dealership has been awesome. When I take the GTR in for service they send me on my way with a rental-usually in the form of a Maxima. Not a GTR but it beats waiting. They wash and vacumn the car for me and generally finish service the same day. If I have any questions on anything related to the GTR, I call the 'GTR hotline' number that they gave me.
0260N3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #67
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0260N3 View Post
My Nissan dealership has been awesome. When I take the GTR in for service they send me on my way with a rental-usually in the form of a Maxima. Not a GTR but it beats waiting. They wash and vacumn the car for me and generally finish service the same day. If I have any questions on anything related to the GTR, I call the 'GTR hotline' number that they gave me.
That's really nice of them. Mind me asking which Nissan dealership it is? From what I know most Atlanta Nissans really not that good. The rental cars has been all handled by rental company and provided the cheapest possible rental car they can find.

Chinchi
SpeedForSale.com Parts Manager
Telephone: 770-777-4774
---
ATLsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:01 AM   #68
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Also heard horror stories of Infinity dealers. Nissan treats me like a celebrity and I have my own service manager.
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #69
0260N3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLsupra View Post
That's really nice of them. Mind me asking which Nissan dealership it is? From what I know most Atlanta Nissans really not that good. The rental cars has been all handled by rental company and provided the cheapest possible rental car they can find.
Jacksonville FL-Coggin Nissan. I live right over the border in St. Marys GA so it's only about a 25 minute drive away. I went around to different dealers, to see how they'd treat me. It was not fun at first. Most of the time they saw a 25 year old female and wrote me off. I even checked a dealership in TN when I was visiting the in-laws (they treated me horribly.) I have the rental car managers business card, so if I don't think Nissan has called them ahead of time (which so far they always have) I can shoot him an email and he'll have a Maxima for me. Sorry about the Atlanta dealerships. You can always email corporate Nissan. The lady in charge of customer service issues in the southeast is great.
0260N3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #70
Shtolni
Registered Member

Cool

Although it shouldn't make much of a difference - keeping it a Nissan is kind of cool in that Nissan is spanking almost all the supercars with expensive brand names.

In other words, the GT-R does not only stay close to its heritage, but embarresses significantly more expensive supercars in almost every way - to quote a 2009 SL 63 AMG owner who got spanked, "that Nissan makes Mercedes look like they must have overlooked something . . . nice ride."

Kind of like a successful invasion of the supercar kingdom by an unlikely supercar manufacturing candidate creating a new supercar world order.
Shtolni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #71
umgill45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtolni View Post
Although it shouldn't make much of a difference - keeping it a Nissan is kind of cool in that Nissan is spanking almost all the supercars with expensive brand names.

In other words, the GT-R does not only stay close to its heritage, but embarresses significantly more expensive supercars in almost every way - to quote a 2009 SL 63 AMG owner who got spanked, "that Nissan makes Mercedes look like they must have overlooked something . . . nice ride."

Kind of like a successful invasion of the supercar kingdom by an unlikely supercar manufacturing candidate creating a new supercar world order.
+1.

Nothing like a dark horse winning against the more expensive and cliched favorites.

Expensive isn't always better at least if you're intelligent.
umgill45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #72
tfunk02

I would have liked to have seen it as it's own brand (Skyline) and be sold at Infiniti dealerships.
tfunk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #73
Tachsman

I owned a 1972 Datsun 240-Z in a past life and really hated when they eventually changed the name over to Nissan. The Nissan-Z sounded so whimpy in comparison to a Datsun-Z. So they should have named it the "DATSUN GT-R 35". AWWWESOMMME!
Tachsman is offline   Reply With Quote