SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

I don't put much stock in individual youtube comparos. But I do rely ALOT on car mag roadcourse laptime comparos using pro race drivers. I've studied many over the last 2+ yrs. The GT-R is all over the GT3. For comparable performance to the GT-R, you must compare the GT2 (at a truly INSANE price), or the Viper ACR or the ZR-1 Vette (both substantially more $ vs the GT-R). And of course, in road/track conditions anything other than perfectly dry and smooth, none of the above can hang near the GT-R.

All GREAT cars. I'm not knocking any of them. But nothing compares to the GT-R performance value, IMO.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #27
bperry
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtolni View Post
GT3 RS is nice (love the color combo) - both cars are in the supercar realm. However, the GTR appears to spank the GT3 over and over again. Just go to youtube.com and search for videos based on key words: GT3 vs GTR. Then watch the GTR own the GTR.

As for value, the GT3 RS is incredibly overpriced and the GTR has revealed how outrageously priced these so-called supercars really are. Having owned Porsches in the past, I will admit to the fact that German engineering is as good as it gets. However, the GTR is a breakthrough car that the GT3 only hopes to keep up with. Whether it is in a straight line or on the track, the GTR is one of those cars that sets the performance benchmark.

As for transmission and driveline issues, try taking your GT3to the dragstrip and do 7 - 8 hard runs then lets see what kind of maintenance you will be paying for at your local Porsche dealership. I experienced it in my 996 turbo and quickly realized that these street build race machines are fragile indeed.

So in the end you acquired a beautiful speed machine, however you overpaid for it by giving up a more capable supercar that is more comfortable and has more day to day utility. Imagine a supercar that you can drive and take your kids to school in or take longer drives without having to see chiropractor afterwards.

Good luck and look out for the next GTR hungry for Porsche.
I'm glad you're an expert on the newest generation GT3 RS from your experience in a 996 turbo; LOL. I never said the GT3 RS was faster than the GTR (have yet to race one; they never come out to the track even though I see a different one nearly ever day) but the pleasure of driving this car on the track and street is worth the difference in price to me. I've owned 2 GT3's with other "supercars" in between. I just could never get over the R's exhaust note.

As far as comfort, the GTR has a much stiffer suspension than an GT3 even on the comfort setting. I think that nissan had to employ these extra stiff springs/struts because of the GTR's excessive weight to combat body roll. Besides if I want a comfy ride I climb into my 2008 M5 or my 2011 MB E63 AMG

Again the GTR is a Great car; I'm not bashing it on this thread. Hell I bought one, traded it in and made money on it!
bperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #28
KGC10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8-10_GTR View Post
GT-R
second that!
KGC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #29
HODGTR
Registered Member

Not clear to me how trading the GTR and paying an additional 92k is "making money" on the deal.
HODGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #30
bperry
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HODGTR View Post
Not clear to me how trading the GTR and paying an additional 92k is "making money" on the deal.
The deal above was not the ultimate deal that transpired. They gave me $14K more than I paid for the GT R originally. Like I said I was into the GT R very cheap.
bperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
Shtolni
Registered Member

Well put - with your little collection of high end automobiles, why not keep both?
Shtolni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #32
Koukir32
VQ inside

I won't trade GTR for anything else other than maybe a future NSX/HSV or Lexus LFA.
Koukir32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #33
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

I would definitely trade my GT-R for an LFA. Then immediately, I'd sell the LFA and buy:
FOUR GT-Rs
or a GT-R PLUS an R8 V10 PLUS an M3 and still have money left over.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #34
firstnissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfo View Post
Yeah, but the GTR spanks these cars all the time. Just ask Tanner Foust.
Tanner foust may be a good drifter but he is no supercar enthusiast.

Kim Ewing & Jeff Faeber
First Nissan
2325 First St. Simi Valley, CA 93065
(888) 491-9723

www.1stnissan.com
Look us up on facebook too!
firstnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #35
firstnissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bperry View Post
I'm glad you're an expert on the newest generation GT3 RS from your experience in a 996 turbo; LOL. I never said the GT3 RS was faster than the GTR (have yet to race one; they never come out to the track even though I see a different one nearly ever day) but the pleasure of driving this car on the track and street is worth the difference in price to me. I've owned 2 GT3's with other "supercars" in between. I just could never get over the R's exhaust note.

As far as comfort, the GTR has a much stiffer suspension than an GT3 even on the comfort setting. I think that nissan had to employ these extra stiff springs/struts because of the GTR's excessive weight to combat body roll. Besides if I want a comfy ride I climb into my 2008 M5 or my 2011 MB E63 AMG

Again the GTR is a Great car; I'm not bashing it on this thread. Hell I bought one, traded it in and made money on it!
Good job and good deal - I used to work for Porsche and they are just 2 completely different vehicles. The GTR is fantastic bang for the buck and a true sleeper supercar. Especially here in southern california where most supercar owners purchase clutchless transmission's not for their raw speed/tech/engineering - but for the fact that they cannot drive stick! So you roll up to a light in a GTR next to some rapper in a murcielago or ferrari and you'll smoke them!! (even if you yourself are not a the best driver)

Sorry for rambling - we are a little slow at work tonight and I personally love the GT3RS, so in conclusion - good choice my friend. And if you know anyone looking for a good deal on a BRAND NEW 2010 black/black GTR with only 73 miles on it... pm me!

Thanks! Jeff

Kim Ewing & Jeff Faeber
First Nissan
(888) 491-9723

www.1stnissan.com
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #36
GO ON 3
Registered Member

GT3 RS. Damn I wish I had the money!! That's one of my dream cars..
GO ON 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #37
firstnissan

GT3RS in white is beautiful. Saw one over the weekend. We sold the '10 GTR and that 2012 is going to be awesome. Trying to decide what colors to order. Any suggestions?

Kim Ewing & Jeff Faeber
First Nissan
(888) 491-9723

www.1stnissan.com