Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
GTR Gear box warned, going through warranty process. - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
drwho?
Registered Member

Default GTR Gear box warned, going through warranty process.

Starting a new thread to follow how Nissan will behave when a Gearbox goes bad fully in warranty, No launch control, no races, all legal driving.

repost:"
My transmission light just came off yesterday, at 4000 miles, just parking the car after a 1 mile drive without ANY sport driving.
the trans light flashed, the warning light came up, and the message board saying "M/T system faillure, drive to your dealer". This happen when I putted the car in park.
NEVER launched the car with LC, but sport driving often.

When driving to dealership, the car had no power, the car was in automatic mode, and was shifting only in 1st gear, 3rd gear and 5th gear.

No bad mecanical noise, no strange clutching from the computer.

When i arrived to the dealer, I turned it OFF, they back on after 5 min. The trans light was OFF, but the check engine/inspection light was on, and the warning was not gone.

The Dealer in Silicon valley will look at it monday, I ll keep you posted.
"

I will post all update and conversation with Nissan here.

Francois
drwho? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
drwho?
Registered Member

repost:
"Update 1: Nissan is saying that the 2nd gear issued a Diag warning, Nissan GTR hotline got the code and is deciding what to do.

I will get more info tonight.
"

The lady of Steven Creek Nissan was nice and knew what we was talking about, I am feeling safe.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
drwho?
Registered Member

An other call From Nissan, it will take some more time to diagnose the issue, The Nissan support center of the GTR is looking at the error code. The 2nd gear is the "clear error code". My guess is that they are looking at the rest of the log to see if i did something wrong.

I am surprise they are not talking about gearbox oil analysis, but well, they have a lot of Data log, so, they can figure out from there.

I drive sports car for long time, I don ' t think I even pushed the GTR to its limit yet, few serious take off, but nothing an other sport car could not do many many times, My V12 jag did that thousands of times, so did my BMW 750.

anybody got to use Nissan warranty yet?

Francois

Last edited by drwho?; 02-15-2010 at 11:19 PM..
Old 02-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #4
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

If you never turned off the VDC or do launch control, then I won't be worry about it. Hopefully Nissan will fix your GT-R in a timely manner.

Chinchi
SpeedForSale.com Parts Manager
Telephone: 770-777-4774
---
ATLsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
drwho?
Registered Member

Nissan called me this morning . so, I am clear on the warranty, and they are looking at the log deeper.
It seams that the "folk" on the 2nd gear is gone out in the gear box ... The car will be lifted and the gearbox open for looking for metal shaving.
If those are find, they will replace the gearbox.

Life without my GTR seems so boring now ...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
drwho?
Registered Member

So, The log of the entiere car went to Nissan Japan, they could not explain the lock up of the gear box, all oil analysis showed nothing, no metal what so ever in the oil, no missing parts. Software was reset, and the car is now running for a week without any issue. Nissan did swap some parts to be safe.

Globally, the process was kind of slow, but everything is now back to AWESOME!

Good behavior from Nissan! (Steven Creek Nissan was VERY helpful!)

Francois
Old 03-06-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
NJNYCGTR
Registered Member

If you do launch with the lc2 software does that void the warranty or just launches on lc1?
Thanks
NJNYCGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

How much did all this cost you? Was it all covered under warranty?
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwho? View Post
So, The log of the entiere car went to Nissan Japan, they could not explain the lock up of the gear box, all oil analysis showed nothing, no metal what so ever in the oil, no missing parts. Software was reset, and the car is now running for a week without any issue. Nissan did swap some parts to be safe.

Globally, the process was kind of slow, but everything is now back to AWESOME!

Good behavior from Nissan! (Steven Creek Nissan was VERY helpful!)

Francois
Awesome, good to hear Nissan fixed your issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNYCGTR View Post
If you do launch with the lc2 software does that void the warranty or just launches on lc1?
Thanks
Since you will be able to use LC2 without turning off VDC, LC2 is under warranty. LC1 is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8-10_GTR View Post
How much did all this cost you? Was it all covered under warranty?
As far as I can tell, everything is under warranty for his case.

Chinchi
---
Old 03-07-2010, 02:38 AM   #10
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Obviously, but I was just making sure there were no other charges.
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #11
280Z
Registered Member

I have a four post lift that is free standing and find that turning off VDC enables a cleaner entry to the lift. (no jerking when taking your foot off brake and applying the accelerator, as all four wheels are immediately engaged). It is a tight fit and lining the car up just right is crucial on the width and I tend to pause midway on the lift to assure good alignment. I have done this numeros times and am wondering should I be concerned if a tranny issue were to surface down the road with my VDC history. I have not launched the car with VDC off and the car is a 2010.

Last edited by 280Z; 03-07-2010 at 08:52 AM..
280Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280Z View Post
I have a four post lift that is free standing and find that turning off VDC enables a cleaner entry to the lift. (no jerking when taking your foot off brake and applying the accelerator, as all four wheels are immediately engaged). It is a tight fit and lining the car up just right is crucial on the width and I tend to pause midway on the lift to assure good alignment. I have done this numeros times and am wondering should I be concerned if a tranny issue were to surface down the road with my VDC history. I have not launched the car with VDC off and the car is a 2010.
It should stated in the owner's manual that you can have the VDC off in certain conditions such as stuck in mud. In your condition, i think it's fine, but if you want a piece of mind, contact your friendly Nissan dealer or HQ

Chinchi
---
Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

hahaha, another 2/4/6 gone! they just change the oil and fix it! that's metal shaves stuck your trans 2/4/6 solenoidS. keep your oil change maintainance shorter.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote