Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Anti Sway bar installation - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
JaredPink
NGTRC Sponsor

Default Anti Sway bar installation

Begin in the front by removing the Sway bar link from the sway bar on either side.

Next remove the four bolts holding the two sway bar brackets

Remove the sway bar and set onto the ground out of the way.

The new sway bar comes with poly bushings, which are much more rigid then the rubber OEM bushing, but they require a healthy application of the lubricant provided.

Once the bushing are lubricated, push onto the sway bar. The fit is VERY tight. Once the bushings are on, place the new brackets onto them. Also note to apply some lubricant on the outside surfaces of the bushing, where it will contact the bracket and the body of the car.

I find when installing the sway bar, to first put the sway bar links into the sway bar helps to position onto the brackets. Otherwise, push into place and tighten the bolts. The brackets torque to 37 ft lbs. and the Links torque to 73 ft lbs.

For the front setting, I suggest starting with the "loosest"(outside hole) setting. We have found this to suit most drivers.

For the rear, the process is very much the same. Remove the thread protector from the rear link. Remove the link nut.
Remove the sway bar bracket nuts.
Carefully lower and "walk" the sway bar over the exhaust.(You can remove the exhaust, but I find it completely unnecessary)
Be sure you lube everything just as you did in the front.
Reinstall the sway bar with new brackets.
Torque the bracket to 25 ft lbs and the link 41 ft lbs.
For the rear, I suggest the middle setting, as this will provide just a slight bit of over steer. If you find you want more, set to the inside hole. If you need less, the outside hole.

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!

Jared Pink - ASE Master Certified (A1-A8) & L1 Certified.
Toyota Factory Trained Master Diagnostic Technician & Hybrid Certified

Lead technician for Speed For Sale LLC (Jared@SpeedForSale.com)

--

Last edited by JaredPink; 06-26-2009 at 02:35 PM..
JaredPink is offline   Reply With Quote