Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
What modifications dont void the warranty? - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
GTR-Dubai19999
Registered Member

Default What modifications dont void the warranty?

Hey guys im new here, I got my GTR around 10 months ago and I think its time for some upgrades My main problem however is the warranty and some said that you can't modify anything in the car without voiding the warranty , is this true?

I wanted to know what modifications can I put on my car without voiding the warranty, i mean what if I only put on exhausts or midpipes or Cobb AP, does any of those void the warranty? I tried to call the dealership but no one is giving me a straight answer , so wanted to see if anyone knows something about this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. oh by the way mine is from arabian auto.
GTR-Dubai19999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
discodan
Registered 911 Terminator

Yep it is a tough one man. I've just got mine so I'm in no rush but I have been pressing the issue from day one. Mine's from Al Masaood in AD. Basically they'll sell me a Mine's at a bullshit price (30,000AED) but nothing else. The Mine's doesn't sound all that good to me so no not interested. Cobb is definitely a no-no from what I can tell. Air Filters are fine though! According to some others Al Masaood are supposed to be less strict than Arabian but I haven't really seen that exactly so far. PM me if you want to chat more and hope to see you meet up one of these days for a Forum Club meeting.

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
GTR-Dubai19999
Registered Member

So basically they only let you install the Mine exhuast?? And I will surely be up for a club meeting or something
Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
discodan

Well I guess so. I'm not interested in the Mine's, too expensive man and sounds crap. I've really been looking around and found that the best results and sounds come from S/Steel 76.2mm down pipes and a titanium Y-pipe (mid).

My plan is to try and work my way through the service team and I have already met two advisors and we get along well. BAsically I think it'll come down to talking to the tech's themselves - looking after them so to speak and making sure they don't say anything when the car goes in for the routine checks/servicing. Its a tall ask but otherwise I feel all options are dead in the water, unless NO WARRANTY is preferred!

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
GTR-Dubai19999
Registered Member

Yea I don't like Mine's exhaust either, but if they let you install Mine's why they can't let us choose the exhausts we like and they can install them, well I think they chose the most expensive exhaust they can get to rip off some more money.

As you said, I think I'll have to talk to the tech's themselves when I get back.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
discodan

Basically yes, there would be a huge mark up in that exhaust but the price inc fitting so who knows. There is a political connection with Mine's and Al Masaood family I understand, but I don't know what it is exactly. Let's see how we go! Will you get your's serviced down here? I believe AD has more experience with the servicing than Arabian Auto's.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
GTR-Dubai19999
Registered Member

I've done my 5000 km service at arabian auto, 6000km now.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:42 AM   #8
blackend

just keep in mind that Al Masaood and mines they dont have something between them cause by him self AL masaood(family),,,,,,,,they fix mines in there car and they told them that the warranty will go,so his car without warranty.

and for you discodan

even if you speak to the tech in masaood,they cant do anything cause they are not the one which they will hide any information about the mod,,,cause one of the ppl
he add exhausts system and he got check engine light so hr remove the mod and fix the oem exhausts,but when the tech of masaood check(BLACKBOX)and they send the information to GTR japan,they replay him that the car was mod with exhausts system,

just for everyone it is not in there hand al masaood and other.
blackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
discodan

Cheers blackend for that update.

My car is in for the 1000km today and I had a really good one on one with the service advisor for the GTR's. Basically it is a no-no for warranty if Nissan Japan can detect anything amiss from any codes collected from the black box.

Like said earlier, they are elusive about the topic, saying that yes there are many modified and I guess if a car came back, with a fault but no 'detectable' mods in place (ie there were removed before the car arrive at Nissan ) then maybe....

Old 06-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
EXTREME
Registered Member

wow, thats a hot discussion!!

I am a bit confused! who Said that Al Masood is supplying Mine's parts and 30,000 dhs for an exhaust

I have no clue about that, but I am 100% sure that Al Masoud has nothing to do with Mine's, nor they can sell it from the Original manufacturer!!

I have tried the Mine's Exhaust, a piece of art, way low in noise. if you like load exhaust, then dont go for it.. if you like lower dBs, and still get the best out of it without hearing the drone, then its Mine's all the way..

I have even seen some guys in Abu Dhabi looking to replace the HKS with Mine's due to be stopped by Police many times..

let me know if you need to give it a shot, I dont mind showing off the White R35..
But definitely al Masoud has nothting to do with Mine's, nor he did ever!!
EXTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
EXTREME
Registered Member

oh, and yeah something will not void the waranttee is a cat back and drop in Air filter.. anything else will
Old 06-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #12
GTR-Dubai19999
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME View Post
oh, and yeah something will not void the waranttee is a cat back and drop in Air filter.. anything else will
Hi Extreme,

you're sure exhausts dont void the warranty? just the catback or midpipes also?

And is the Mine exhaust too quiet? I mean like stock quiet or better?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
EXTREME
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-Dubai19999 View Post
Hi Extreme,

you're sure exhausts dont void the warranty? just the catback or midpipes also?

And is the Mine exhaust too quiet? I mean like stock quiet or better?
the cat back will not void it. the mid pipes Mine's has, it comes with super catalyzers, so it doesnt void it at Abu Dhabi Nissan Dealer. I am not sure about Dubai since its a different one.

Mine's Exhaust is quite below the HKS sound level, and a bit higher than stock,, some cant feel a difference in sound level, and some do.