Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
should i order at 5k over or wait? - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
waynesworld
Registered Member

Default should i order at 5k over or wait?

I figured i could find one for five over by the time my ordered car got here? Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by waynesworld; 03-20-2008 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: misspelling
waynesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
shakerb

It depends on how important 5K is to you. Personally, I would wait
shakerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Remember there is no guarantee used cars will be going for $5k over in the first year...just look at many other rare cars like the Z06, Ford GT, and others that sold for well over MSRP on the used market for the first year...

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
Parts installation articles: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC (Sales@SpeedForSale.com / 770-777-4774)

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.SpeedForSale.com/forum
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
GODZILLA_GTR
Registered Member

5k over is not bad. if i found one at 5k over i would get it in a heart beat. everyone here in So Cal is 10k+. As for waiting, I'm thinking of waiting myself. Most of the dealers around me dont have a set prices yet. But I know it's not going to be pretty when the GTR comes. So if its 10K+ I'm going to wait it off. (well, we'll see because i hate waiting!)
GODZILLA_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
ATL-Porsche
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyBlackwell View Post
Remember there is no guarantee used cars will be going for $5k over in the first year...just look at many other rare cars like the Z06, Ford GT, and others that sold for well over MSRP on the used market for the first year...
You know my opinion on this. It's just speculation but I'm pretty sure that $5k will be a bargain. There are too few cars available, too much hype, and the cars haven't even officially hit US soil yet. I'm expecting dealers to get a lot of people strolling in who just found out about the GT-R a day before walking into dealerships (if they kept any) and whipping out their check books to pay a premium.

Like Jeremy said, it happened w/ the Z06, Ford GT, same with most new BMW M3's and love it or hate it, this is one of the most highly anticipated cars to come to market that has everyone's respect (from Porsche fanatics to american muscle car fans)
Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

Default 5K over?

are you serious? 5K over MSRP? for the new GT-R...man I am in, where and who? please provide me with the dealers info!

J3ff
Gotzira
-Kaizen Tuning LLC (978) 266-9900
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Ev0H8t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
ATL-Porsche
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0H8t3r View Post
are you serious? 5K over MSRP? for the new GT-R...man I am in, where and who? please provide me with the dealers info!

J3ff
Just curious, is it not easier to get a GT-R straight from Japan since you're in Korea?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

Default yeah

I PMed you...

but can I bring it back to the states?

Deos anyone know?!
Gotzira
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Old 03-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
Scott McGrath
Registered Member

I would assume that if you started with a US vehicle and shipped it to Korea, then brought it back to the states after you title it in Korea...that it would be a "Gray Market" vehicle in either country. There is also the problem of warranty. Vehicles sold in the U.S. are warrantied by Nissan North America...therefore the warranty would be void in Korea and likely void in U.S. when you bring it back. I have a friend who is a big "muckity-muck" with Nissan Korea and he tells me that GT-R will be released in Korea next year. Soeul has 3 - 5 Infiniti dealers and they should have the same amount of Nissan dealers in about 3-6 months. Might be worth the wait...Nissan is a smaller name there now and that may play to your favor vs. BMW,Mercedes and Lexus who have been in the market longer.
Scott McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

Default Scott

Negative, if I bring a US Spec car from the states to Korea there are no issues on bringing it back...I have a Volvo that I ordered from the Volvo plant in Europe, had it delivered to me in Japan 2 years ago and its now with me in Korea. It is titled in the states. Since I work for the government we are allowed to have our vehicles with us at all times...There are no issues with warrenty, many of my co workers buy BMWs and Volvo from the Diplomatic/Military sales program as I did w/Volvo...Dealers world wide service us...

My boss is great freinds w/the Nissan/Infinity of Korea President. The GTR will be relaesed here, but all dealers are indivuadly owend and the Fair Market prices will be near the $120K mark!! WTF!! There is a nissan/Infinity Diplomatic and military sales dealer as well, but at the time being they see no slots of the getting the GT-R.

My best bet would to get a US Spec GT-R, and ship it here...depending whrer in the states the average shipping cost to Korea w/insurance is $1.5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGrath View Post
I would assume that if you started with a US vehicle and shipped it to Korea, then brought it back to the states after you title it in Korea...that it would be a "Gray Market" vehicle in either country. There is also the problem of warranty. Vehicles sold in the U.S. are warrantied by Nissan North America...therefore the warranty would be void in Korea and likely void in U.S. when you bring it back. I have a friend who is a big "muckity-muck" with Nissan Korea and he tells me that GT-R will be released in Korea next year. Soeul has 3 - 5 Infiniti dealers and they should have the same amount of Nissan dealers in about 3-6 months. Might be worth the wait...Nissan is a smaller name there now and that may play to your favor vs. BMW,Mercedes and Lexus who have been in the market longer.
Gotzira
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Old 03-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
ATL-Porsche
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0H8t3r View Post
My best bet would to get a US Spec GT-R, and ship it here...depending whrer in the states the average shipping cost to Korea w/insurance is $1.5K
Are you serious, that's it? It costs about $1k to move a car from the west coast to the east coast (uncovered) and insured. It HAS to cost more than 1.5k from the US to Korea.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #12
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

Default im serious!

no BS man, its not bad at all, cheapest I found was $1K and most $$ is $3K! Hence why I need all you members to help me out and find a GT-R! help a brother out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche View Post
Are you serious, that's it? It costs about $1k to move a car from the west coast to the east coast (uncovered) and insured. It HAS to cost more than 1.5k from the US to Korea.
Gotzira
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Old 03-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #13
REK125
Registered Member

Take the deal and run. MSRP will likely escalate more than 5K by next year's run. Why would anyone wait an additional year over a 7% surcharge?
REK125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #14
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

Default well put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REK125 View Post
Take the deal and run. MSRP will likely escalate more than 5K by next year's run. Why would anyone wait an additional year over a 7% surcharge?

simply well put!

heck Im look @ $7.5K, seems the best out there now!
Gotzira
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com