SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #51
ryanandstacey
Registered Member

Scott, With all due respect, the pure measure and benchmark, since the 1960's, of a performance car always has been 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Therefore, shouldn't advertised abilities of the vehicle be achievable by it's owners (rhetorical question of course)??
ryanandstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #52
Scott McGrath
Registered Member

Default I agree....somewhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanandstacey View Post
Scott, With all due respect, the pure measure and benchmark, since the 1960's, of a performance car always has been 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Therefore, shouldn't advertised abilities of the vehicle be achievable by it's owners (rhetorical question of course)??
I agree that 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph are the benchmarks, but what these guys are doing is basically a neutral drop...I don't care how they mask it. Nissan hyped this car to the all the editors of the car mags and one of the discussions was "launch mode" but I can assure you that the marketing team doesn't write the warranty manual on the car, the engineers do. I have never read an advertisement pushing the "Launch Mode", just the Mag's saying it can be done. I have also heard mentioned that if you turn off your VDC it voids your warranty. NOT TRUE. VDC off is if your wheels are stuck and you need the system to not retard the spin. I drove this car on a track, and I have stomped on it...this fricking thing is quick, if you want to make it insane then use the launch mode, but expect to be needing a trans real soon.

The biggest shame is now I am reading in this forum that people are thinking twice about buying a GT-R because of these folks that seem to have more money than brains. FACT...THEY ARE JUST BEATING THEIR CARS!!!
Scott McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #53
mindlessoath
Registered Member

godzilla2009, not that they dont already have the data, but can i have the dealers phone number. so i can copy paste them the info about 27 launchs and 1/8 mile times you have pasted here. via post #45
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #54
godzilla2009
Registered Member

feel free son......hope you get pay for it lolololol
godzilla2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #55
mindlessoath
Registered Member

ignorance is bliss right?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #56
godzilla2009
Registered Member

Default yes 2 lc and then booommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there is a guy in south fl that after 2 lc his tranny went KABOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM lol
guys we need to accept the tranny problem and force nna to do something about it. i believe that bad press make miracles.......but it takes time. until then....hold tied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our time will come soon............
godzilla2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:32 AM   #57
Greg S.
Vin#251887

So many duplicate posts so often.

Maybe the admins will consider merging these tranny threads so we only have to read about the south fl guy 1 time instead of 3.
Greg S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #58
gschoonover
GT-R SALES POC

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla2009 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there is a guy in south fl that after 2 lc his tranny went KABOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM lol
guys we need to accept the tranny problem and force nna to do something about it. i believe that bad press make miracles.......but it takes time. until then....hold tied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our time will come soon............
You guys who keep launching your GT-R need to accept some things.
You need to accept that the GT-R is not designed to be a drag race car.
You need to accept that "launching" is abuse of the transmission.
You need to accept that if you turn your VDC OFF for any reason other than trying to get the car free from being stuck (i.e., in mud, snow, or sand), then you will very likely void your warranty.

Look up "launch control" in your owner's manual.......you won't find it.
(While you're looking, you may notice that you are advised not to turn your VDC off.
I guarantee you that you will find that in your owner's manual.
You also acknowledged it in the disclosure form you signed when you took delivery of your car. )

And, please don't reply with a statement that NISSAN advertised launch control. They did not advertise it. Youtube is not advertising.

The GT-R is a masterpiece of technology, engineering, and design.
It is not a dragster.
If you want to drag race, go to a mirror, smack your head, and say:
"Wow, I could have had a V-8!"
QUALITY NISSAN
TEMECULA, CA
WORK: 951-676-6601 EXT 2407
EMAIL: gil@qualitynissan.com
gschoonover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #59
Greg S.
Vin#251887

Quote:
If you want to drag race, go to a mirror, smack your head, and say:
"Wow, I could have had a V-8!"
LOL!
Greg S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #60
mindlessoath
Registered Member

ALSO if you talk to dealers that work on lambo's (as in the latest garage419 video) you will see they said that doing 30 to 40 launches in the first 2000miles IS ABUSE! they would not cover warrantee work if you did that.

that goes for any manufacture. they can see the computer they can see the abuse and its for any car. its violent abuse.