Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
How do you like your GTR? (or your experience with the GTR) - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
babibengkak
Registered Member

Default How do you like your GTR? (or your experience with the GTR)

Hi Guys.

I would like to know how you like (or dislike) your GTR. Or maybe what you wished was on GTR or not on it.

This is what i like/dislike about my GTR :

1. Not as practical as I thought due to the combination of the long front overhang and low ground clearance. (i had to redo my own driveway). I wish they had a system like in the new Gallardo to lift the front end.

2. I wished that it also had an exhaust system like the Gallardo which opens bypasses beyond 4000 rpm, the sound is really not "FAST" enough.

3. Amazing sound proofing!!! (there seriously is no major difference driving 100 km/h and 180 km/h) and great audio system.

4. Suspension settings is way too hard for Indonesian roads....hehehe (but that's not the GTR's fault. It's just the road) On smooth roads, the car is Amazingggggggg!!!

5. a bit more power would do it for me.....(475 whp would be nice)

6. Considering the speed it makes and the cornering ability it has.....it is really UNBELIEVABLE that the GTR also carries such a big trunk and has 2 seats at the back (which for us small indonesian size is still ok.....) making this the only other supercar i know besides the corvette that one can take to a golf course with a friend.

I would really like to know how you guys like your GTR.

Cheers.
babibengkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
meadrealty@yahoo.com

Default new Black GT R

best car I've ever owned
meadrealty@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
DoctorJ

I adore my GT-R. This is without question the best car I've ever owned.
DoctorJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
Ruf-Racer

Default I like it!

Took delivery yesterday. I really like the Cd (.27) and am guessing it will not take too much to get this baby going 200+ mph,which I will do.

Too early for me to comment specifically but I think it will be a fun track and open road race ride. Yes,my Z06 is faster in a straight line but so what? So is my Ruf Turbo which happens to be way faster on the top end.
All three serve my purpose.

Cheers

P.S.

I don't mind the chassis noises at all,but I wish the exhaust had a bit more rumble : )
Attached Thumbnails (CLICK TO ENLARGE!)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01665.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	556.8 KB
ID:	1655  

Last edited by Ruf-Racer; 09-17-2008 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: sick spelling
Ruf-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
DarinF
Registered Member

LOVE THIS CAR!

Comments on the Gallardo comparison, the lift is nice.. I cant get into my garage ramp without using the lift on the Gallardo, however, using this a lot wears the front suspension peices which cost $5k to replace.. so yeah.. I'll go buy a board to throw down in front of my driveway for the GTR after I lower it

The flap on the gallardo drives me crazy.. I dont like it.. it seems to switch over around 4k rpm which is where I'm normally at while driving around town, so its CONSTANTLY going low/loud/low/loud which drives me crazy! With the flap stuck open, its gurgles too much at low rpm, sounds like water is bubbling around back there.. only on WOT does the Gallardo exhaust in all its glory sound amazing.

I agree, wish the GTR had that louder sound, which is why I ordered new exhaust and high flow cats, hopefully that plus the stage 2 cobb and some other stuff I'll have a nicer sounding growl soon.
DarinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #6
madjh
Registered Member

Look this guy, http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ge...-09-gtr-3.html

Its not his car (he took the photo from this forum?) but he loves the car at his own way.
madjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #7
alikitchell
Registered Member

definately not as fast feeling as i thought it would be. on a track , this car would be absolutely amazing, but on a regular highway, which is my main usage, there are cars that feel alot faster. z01, and even the cobra.
alikitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #8
primus
Registered Member

Good thread. Like everyone else above, I love the car. Why:
* it does everything they said it would
* really fast and smooth on the highway
* accelerating from 80 mph to 150 mph on the interstates and the cars behind you just disappear
* I like the way Nissan is treating Owners like very special people
* I brought mine into an out of town Nissan for the 1000 mile service, and that dealership gave me the red carpet treatment and stored it in the showroom before I picked it up.
* the reaction on the street has been amazing. People taking photos and videos on the road; following me until I park to ask about it; my kids frinds coming over (with parents) to look at it in the garage.

Great experience.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Godzilla ROCKS!
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
Jm-Imports
Registered Member

love it
Jm-Imports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
ghall
Registered Member

Pros: One of the best value for money cars out there, lines on the car are fantastic, top quality equipment (Brembo, Bilstein, Polyphony, etc.)
Cons: Sound is not aggressive as most of us would like, the back seat is basically useless(for big Americans) especially when considering how big the car is.
Obviously the pros far outweigh any cons, but I will say that the Spec V might be the more appropriate strategy for defining how this legend will go down in history.
ghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
WATGTR
Registered Member

Default Does anyone else have the same 'problem' with their GTR?

Collected mine last Saturday and have been keeping below 5000 RPM as directed by dealer until 2000 KMs. But since driving it out of the showroom until now (250 KMs) there is a continual clunking noise from I the gearbox at low speeds. I called the dealer straight away but he said it was normal. It sounds almost agricultural the way it swaps cogs at low speeds.

I'd really like to hear if anyone else has this sound too?

Thanks,
WATGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
mmc2488
Registered Member

Totally normal. They all do it. The clutch on mine rattles at idle. SMG and MDCT in BMW's do the same thing.
2008 335i Conv
2008 CLK 63 AMG Black Series
2007 Lotus Exige S
2009 Land Cruiser
2009 GMC 3500 Dually
1976 Eldorado Conv
mmc2488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Thumbs up GTR

the car doesn't feel as fast as it really is, completely stock ive beat M5, M6, C6 Z51, lost by a car and 1/2 to a C6 Z06 at 175mph, also beat a couple of New M3's with ease, now with some minor mods ive raced the same Z06 and beaten it twice, a stock gallardo got toasted, F430 the same, this weekend im racing a Gallardo Superleggera. will post the outcome that run, my point is the car is perfect.. Its gonna take something serious to beat a heavily modded Z06 or a ZR1. But all around i would rather have the GTR.

wow forgot to mention my favorite race: roll on the highway onto 160 plus ive raced and beaten a yellow 997 turbo with according to the owner exhaust, chip, and waterbox. Very happy with this one lol

Last edited by nickbegonja55; 02-03-2009 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: best car in the world
nickbegonja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #15
DoctorJ

Got 5000+ miles on it and it's still the best car I've ever experienced. Love the responses to it; I've even had one marriage proposal! Don't think my husband was quite as amused as I was when I told him. The guy would have had a rude surprise tho; I rarely let my husband drive it!
2009 GT-R, #0184, Premium, Titanium/black
Yes, I race it

Old 02-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #16
Fuguman
GUNDAM

Looks like you are taking some cones out there.
Fuguman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #17
cheesewz
Registered Member

I was worried about the clutch rattle as well, until totsubo hipped me that all of them do it.

The GT-R is by far the coolest car I've ever owned. Besides all of the performance things others have mentioned, I like the rockstar factor. I use mine as a daily driver and I never go more than a couple of days between people chasing me down to talk about the car or to take pictures of it. I've had people in M5's and Porsche's discreetly pop up camera phones to snap pics when stopped at traffic lights. I call those "GT-R Moments".
cheesewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #18
DoctorJ

Fuguman,

I only took out that one (that run), the one in the grass was an extra. I ended up with FTDL for the day so I did pretty good! The car is a blast in the rain and I had a great time. Can hardly wait for the new season to start.

Cheesewz; Have you had folks trying to take pics of you with their cell phones as you're driving down the freeway at 70+ mph? I'll stop for anybody and bs about the car, it's one of my favorite things to do but I draw the line at a moron trying to take a pic of me on the freeway. I pop the car into 5th and leave them gawking.
Yes, I race it

Last edited by DoctorJ; 02-05-2009 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: Comment to cheesewz
Old 02-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
cheesewz
Registered Member

Yeah, I've had plenty of that stuff at speed. My take is that Natural Selection will thin that herd. Whether I run off or not depends on if it is a female taking pics, and how hot or not she is.
cheesewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #20
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

I had 4 male 20-somethings in an older BMW sedan cross in front of me while I was stopped at a T-intersection in a local residential area. As I pulled in behind them all 4 heads (including the driver's) swiveled around to gawk. They drove that way for ~6 blocks including a 90 deg turn, while I LMAO watching them nearly crash the car several times.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #21
DoctorJ

Actually, my funniest responses have been the marriage proposals. I'm not sure my husband finds it quite as funny as I do though. If they think being married to me would improve their chance to drive the GT-R they have another think coming; hubbie has put ~20 miles out of 5600 on the car!

Right up there with the marriage proposals was the high school kid that was in the back seat of his mom's SUV. I happened to glance into my rear view mirror as he noticed it was a GT-R in front of them and he lurched forward between the seats and was obviously screaming "GT-R! That's a GT-R!!!" in his mother's ear as he gestured wildly. I had to pull over I was laughing so hard. I waved at his mom, poor thing.

Edit: Hey, CajunGodzilla, just noticed your signature.....I had a '67 Alpine! It was a great car until I blew a piston. I still have a never used perfect grill for it, just have to get around to putting it up for sale. I have an '02 WRX; gave it to my husband and we're prepping it for autocross nationals next year or the year after.
Yes, I race it

Last edited by DoctorJ; 02-05-2009 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: comment to CajunGodzilla
Old 02-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

DocJ, small world indeed. I'm just guessing of course, but we may be the ONLY people to have owned a 67 Alpine and a GT-R (not to mention the 02 WRX also)!

And in another coincidence, I loved my Alpine, until it blew an engine. A conn rod failed. I totally rebuilt the engine after turning the crankshaft journals and getting special 0.060" oversize beraings (which came from Tasmania of all places, apparently because the Aussies had a lot of Roots Group cars in the 60s, such as Hillman's which used the same engines). Unfortunately the rebuild was a failure. It seemed that the crankshaft had actually been bent when the engine blew. And a new one cost more than the whole car was worth at the time. Another fond memory of the Alpine was that I had to buy a Whitworth sized wrench, as there was a part on the car that wouldn't submit to ANY wrenches I owned, even though I had complete sets of inch and metric tools. But I loved the Alpine, in many ways more than the Tiger.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
Old 02-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
R35AAA

Default Hot Damn!

Man, i just bought this baby less than a month ago.. Im so loving it.. haha.. getting a whole lot of attention with this baby man.. haha.. the things that i dont rlly like are the exhaust isnt "ROARRR" enough. And also, I think it sucks that Nissan will void the warranty for misuse of Launch Ctrl. T.T

But overall, awesome car!
R35AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #24
DoctorJ

CajunGodzilla,

Too funny about the cars in common! I loved my Alpine but I knew nothing about engines (still don't know that much but I'm learning) and didn't have anybody close to me that was mechanically inclined and wanted to work on it. Did eventually get it rebuilt and running but it needed more work. I reluctantly sold it and still miss it. It was a fun little car. I can't help but wonder how I would have done on a autocross course with it; it was an agile little thing. But now I have the GT-R and I don't just love that car, I utterly adore it! I'd really rather be in it than anywhere else. I feel like its an extension of me when I'm driving it, much more so than I ever feel in the WRX or STi. I guess its just fate; we were meant to be together! And I'll have legal launch control soon! Yee haaaa!
Yes, I race it

Old 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

DocJ, I feel the same way. I've driven some very fun cars, but nothing like Godzilla.
Previous toys: