Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
limping home - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
frosteds
Registered Member

Default limping home

I have a 09 with a Cobb and a custom tune, HKS 570 with cat delete as well. Today the car suddenly jumped into limp home mode dashboard lights everywhere rumbling...from manual mode sixth gear highway speed to automatic . It did shift though the gears normally after that but vibrations and power cut. Got it home and hooked up the Cobb to find out that no codes were thrown..restarted car and seemed to running as usual but the engine malfunction light visit dealer has stayed on....I took the car to a dealer friend I have. He said that their computer could not read if any codes were thrown due to the Cobb tune...anybody have a clue?

Thanks
frosteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
XtremeCarTuner

I'd go back to your tuner.
XtremeCarTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Eugene@SPE
Registered Member

+1, it is best to talk to your tuner. This can be anything.
Eugene@SPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #4
frosteds
Registered Member

Well to update my strange situation..here it is..I had the car examined by my tuner before even posting here....The Cobb showed no codes and once the car was turned off and sat when restarted it was running fine but with the light. After checking out the car he failed to find anything wrong..he wanted me to leave the car so he could further investigate...but all functioning was normal.. so I decided to make a phone call to Cobb at this point. After speaking for sometime..I believe his name was Phil..sorry if I forgot.. suggested that I personally reset the ecu per access port and immediately the engine malfunction light turned off and after a very short driving time has been running better than ever.. go figure....the only variable thing to me is that here in Florida we had a sudden change in the normally hot climate to very cold...maybe...Big thanks to Cobb..very helpful and informative...so in the end nobody really knows....My guess is too many computers. Just got to reset them sometimes..Godzilla lives.....
frosteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #5
s142jzkillav10

Yes but it's desinged for elavation and temp change. So I don't see why climate change would affect the ecu readings.
s142jzkillav10 is offline   Reply With Quote