SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
tnb

Default GT570 kit

Hello guys, i saw the GT570 kit on youtube. And the exhaust sound great!! is the sound came from the Y-pipe only? because i saw some pictures of the kit. i only found the Y-pipe, i didnt see a full exhaust.
tnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
mindlessoath
Registered Member

im not sure. the gt570 uses a strait pipe, down pipes upgraded boost, BOV's, piping and clamps.

the kit does'nt come with an aftermarket exhaust muffler.

the youtube video you seen, im not sure what exhaust if any they were using. it did have upgraded BOV's, so you could hear the wooosh sound, but im not sure of the muffler used tho. they obviously didnt do something right because the hp wasnt outputting 570hp either. unless they didnt use any correction factor and HKS did use a correction factor for their output.

I dunno.

in the video they are running a CEL light too, but SHH proshop confirmed that they didnt have this problem.
The rest of the story from SHH pro shop here:
http://cba-r35.blogspot.com/2008/09/...t-shh-pro.html

here is the video he is refrencing...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

As a refrence, the White HKS Kansai R35 Demo car has the same HKS 570kit, and its running at 78kg of torque, which translates to about 564 ft-lbs of torque.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
speedracer
Registered Member

i have to get this.
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #4
justinn
The Man, Myth, Legend

Don't believe everything you see on the internet

The HKS 570 package is 570hp at the crankshaft. Many dynomometers can back calculate for crankshaft horsepower, and I am pretty sure that's what happened in that video. It's also possible that they had the correction wack. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't want people under the assumption that they will be making 550+ at the wheels.

and FWIW, I am an HKS Pro Dealer, so I am definitely not trying to demean their character or parts in any way(they make a quality product).

Justin
justinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
mindlessoath
Registered Member

exactly.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote