SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
yearn2burn
Registered Member

Default Video of my car lapping Road Atlanta

Last weekend I took my 2009 GTR to Road Atlanta for the PCA DE. I have usually driven my 944 turbo, so it was a real treat to be the one blowing by rather than being blown by. They have new rules in group 5 that allow passing in most places, including turns with a point-by which makes it the best DE event I've been to.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

P.S. I shot the video with a Canon HF M31 camera and have Traqmate for data recording that lets you create a video with "dashboard" overlay.
yearn2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

Nice! Is your GT-R modified? I assume you are still using stock tires since I heard the tires screaming happily How many track days have you done at RA? Seems like you are very smooth and know the line there

Chinchi
SpeedForSale.com Parts Manager
Telephone: 770-777-4774
---
ATLsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
yearn2burn
Registered Member

You got the stock tires right. Even so, it was pulling 1.3 G. That's a lot more than it will do on the street for me (just over 1 G). Maybe it's the warmer tires, or the ground effects at speed. I've been in PCA 10 years. I've done a few races in a 944 turbo, but "retired" for financial reasons - daughter in college.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
Rdagher
Registered Member

That's an Awesome video man . nice line every lap at the spot you took the yellow Porsche .. Definitely great driving . The car looks like it feels fantastic

how do you record on screen the Speed and G info and lap and lap time like that ? Could you please tell me a bit about the equipment ( Stand setup can you buy that somewhere ? ) etc.. Hopefully in July ill on willow ( i wish i could go at road Atlanta , it looks like a great track , long straight too.

Thanks for sharing

best

Last edited by Rdagher; 05-03-2010 at 12:57 AM..
Rdagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
yearn2burn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdagher View Post
how do you record on screen the Speed and G info and lap and lap time like that ? Could you please tell me a bit about the equipment ( Stand setup can you buy that somewhere ? ) etc..
The data logging system is Traqmate (www.traqmate.com). It sells for about $1000 for the data logging hardware and PC software. It has a 3D accelerometer and GPS inputs and generates everything from that. It's an invaluable tool for getting faster. It just plugs into the cigarrette lighter for power and you put the GPS receiver out the window on the roof magnetically.

The video integrates by an extra software application called TraqStudio. It allows you to synchronize a digital video with the logged data, which is really useful in understanding what you did on the track, and makes for a cool video.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

Nice, 1.3G with stock tires!
Traqmate is really nice. I use it in my car as well, and you can get a lot of info on the little box. I still need to get a TraqStudio at some point so I can integrate the video with data.

Chinchi
SpeedForSale.com Parts Manager
Telephone: 770-777-4774
---
ATLsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
Shatterproof

Default Video

That is way cool! At little hairy for my taste. I'll just prowl the streets.
Shatterproof is offline   Reply With Quote