Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Prices in Edmonton - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
trompazo

Default Prices in Edmonton

I got a call from West End Nissan in Edmonton.

Sales manager was the biggest prick I have ever dealt with in the auto industry. He said I was 7th on the list and they are getting 9 by October. he wanted to know my color choice.

I asked how much, and he said $119,900. I asked how come it was $40,000 more than MSRP and he said thats what all the dealers in Edmonton have agreed upon and they can get it since the demand is so high. He said he could care less if I wanted it since he had 35 people waiting to buy one.

I hope people dont' get too eager to pay $40,000 over list. I'll be getting my deposit back and will wait for sanity to prevail.

I find it funny how dealers that typically don't sell high-end cars act when they get one. I've bought two Lotuses, a Gallardo, and an AMG SLK55 in the last couple of years and the dealers always have been great. The biggest A-holes I have come across were this guy with the GTR and a Ford dealer with a GT.

Last edited by trompazo; 06-05-2008 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: added text
trompazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
BennyBlanco
NISSAN NooB

thats sucks man
im sorry to hear you have suck a prick for a dealer

its the same boat here in SLC they are seeling for 110.000
but i had mine in writing for 7 over msrp so im okay
but i would not pay the 110000 they want for them
BennyBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
trompazo

Yeah, I'm not going to get caught up in the hype.

2 years ago it was the same with the C6 Z06. Guys were paying way too much over list. I waited until the fall 07 and bought a 06 with 7000 miles for $56,000 in Arkansas. Guys in the US were paying $90K for the same car 18 months earlier.
trompazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
plasma69
Registered Member

wow... i can't believe how prickish some people are. if it weren't for buyers, they wouldn't have jobs. and yes its a hot car but still..
plasma69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
py0413

good luck selling at that price. If i were you, i pick up a M3 and drive it for 2 - 3 years then trade it in for 2010 or 2011 GTR later.
py0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
bcneil
Registered Member

I can't believe that the dealer acted like that!
Just because a lof of us aren't willing to pay $40,000 over.

Chance are many of us will still be around as customers as the price comes down in time.

That list of 35 will get chewed through pretty quick.
There are many people on these lists, that put their deposit early with the intention of buying at 83 and turning around and selling for 110-120 next day.
The profit is gone for some of these guys
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:59 AM   #7
Koukir32
VQ inside

Default GTR pricing

This just sounds all too familiar, especially in year 2000 when Honda S2000 first hit Canadian shore, I remember people were paying 63K CAD for one? When MSRP was $48K?
Not sure about 350Z too, probably samething happens. But I mean with $40k over MSRP, Nissan Canada should do something about this, I can understand $10K~15K markup on HOT NEW RELEASE. But $40k?? Thats crazy! As I'm pretty sure no one will be dumb enough to fall for that. Unless ur some Oil company CEO with too much cash kicking around...
Not to mention, First year production will more likely prone to small problems, i.e. 03 350Z. And if Nissan is struggling to keep up with production for this year. I'd much rather wait a year or so for the V-spec. Guys???
Koukir32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
Lockport

That seems to fit. I saw on Sherwood Nissans website that they had 3 GTRs, so while recently in Edmonton I popped in to, hopefully, get to sit in one. All were gone and they had a waiting list. The imply was that not all would, in the end, be able to come through with financing but he had a big list of ready buyers. Anyway, I asked if they were going above the MSRP and, sure enough, he said $119,000. He also said the brake job was $5000. I know a ceramic brake job on a porsche can be $6k and would expect it a matter of time before the GTR follows suit (maybe) .
Lockport is offline   Reply With Quote