SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #26
Marshall.Hagen
Powertrain Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsubo View Post
The car was pretty stable. However, I never trust any type of lift system. I had the car on jack stands with the lift still on the wheels as added support. Thos jacks can lift the car, but I think they are very low quality and do not recommend them at all. One of them started to leak hydraulic fluid when I started to lower the car. I will be buying a four post lift.
Thanks for the honest review. We've always wanted a four-post lift, but there is not enough height for one in our current garage.

Quote:
Most ramps will not work with a low profile car. The only ones that will are the low profile ramps.
We made a set of ramps out of high-density polystyrene foam coated in "Rhino-Liner" (the stuff they spray on truck beds). Both the Supra and my Integra have very low ground clearance and fit on the ramps with no problems. Fairly lightweight too!

Quote:
Their warranty appears to cover any damages caused directly by their valve failing. I have used one on my STI and it never leaked.
Their warrany sounds good.

I see you got F103-N, are you planning on routing the oil drain via tube so you do not have to drop the front undercover?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDH98Fwr7ws
Marshall.Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #27
totsubo
Registered Member

There is actually a little cover that allows you to access the drain valve easily. So, all I have to do is remove one bolt and drain the oil using a tube.

However, I will have to change the oil filter by removing two of the under panels.

But, this is good for doing 2500 mile oil changes... or more frequent, where a filter change is not necessary... especially since I will be using clean oil.
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #28
totsubo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm-Imports View Post
what does this little valve do and how does it work?????????
The Fumoto valve is a mechanical device that you place in the oil pan. The Fumoto valve replaces the drain plug. It is useful when you want to drain the oil without the mess traditionally associated when unscrewing the oil drain plug. Usually the drain plug falls into the oil when the plug comes out. This also creates a splash... I have a lot of shirts that have oil stains due to this.

For more information see their website:

http://www.fumotousa.com/
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:30 PM   #29
Vuk@AMS
NGTRC Sponsor

Default Jacking Points...

This is how we jacked the GTR:

You'll find these points are very similar to German Cars. We are fortunate to have a unique lift with Rubber Blocks to cushen these. You can always use some shorter pieces of 2x4 instead of these blocks to distribute the load and a lowrise jack. You'd likely need to drive up some planks as well to raise the GTR slightly to aid in lifting it. This is what we do for lowered rides like our shop Porsche.

Regards,

Vuk@AMS
www.amszstore.com
Vuk@AMS is offline   Reply With Quote