SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which modified R35 GTR ECU do you want?
Mines 21 26.58%
Amuse 11 13.92%
Endless-R 1 1.27%
Esprit 0 0%
COBB 28 35.44%
HKS 7 8.86%
HalTech 5 6.33%
Speed For Sale 6 7.59%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #51
mindlessoath
Registered Member

the trans can handle a max of 90kgm of torque. running approxamatly 80% of that will have the clutchs start to slip a little, more so when running more of that.

sofar i have seen the accessport bring about 80hp maybe slightly more to the R35. the gtr570kit gets 110 to 150hp (give or take).
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #52
V8_Club
Registered Member

So is the COBB Tuner within the safe limits ?
09 Lexus LX570
10 Camaro SS
V8_Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #53
mindlessoath
Registered Member

the cobb stage1 is within perfectly safe limits. stage2 is alot of power but no where near the limit. i would say its pritty safe, but no one knows for sure how long that will last on the car if used heavily since it hasnt been to long yet.

the gt570kit is at the highest safe limit. they have two stages, the secound stage is 20hp more (17psi) and others are trying 19psi even tho HKS recomends not to for a few serious reasons (i can look it up if you want me too).

but cobb is well within a safe range right now.

i recomend everyone running higher horse power to run a better gear oil in the trans. tho there is only one that has released, and its not in the usa... you can order it from OZ.
http://www.dwtuning.com.au/forum/vie...=33&p=130#p130
its cheaper and better than the factory trans oil.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #54
zcargtr83
Registered Member

For the first time ever mindless and I do not agree on something ... the cobb stage 2 is somewhat adaptive and when used with a boost controler along with full catless exhaust, aftermarket intake, and a few other weaks you can see just as much power as the hks power program. The hks system is basically just a boost controller, a pair of bypass/blow off vales, catless mid pipe and turbo outlets when it comes to power... yes you get iridium plugs and a hard pipe kit... but other then the actuators most of the kit outsde of the exhaust and increased boost is really not all that helpful in increasng power. HKS went for supporting modification more than power mods. The blow off valves and hard pipe kits are not good for any more power but do hel the system to stand the extra power. I would be VERY VERYsurprised if a minor modification of the stage 2 map did not et you to 550-570 whp with intake and full exhaust. 17 pounds of boost is going to make relatively the same amount of power no matter what minor mods are added
zcargtr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #55
mindlessoath
Registered Member

well, that goes without saying about the cobb unit. but out of the box, its not (take off shelf and install). cobb is working hard on making the same power or more and trying to reach that power without all the bells and wistles of the GT570kit. yes you could spend just as much to get the same or simular power.

i dont dissagree with you there. its somewhat adaptive.

the cobb unit is better because it doesnt need a boost controler (cobb says one shouldnt be used, but others have seen it works fine for them) but its better or more accurate to adjust boost in the ecu the way cobb does, than using a boost controler which is not always safe, especially at higher psi.

but your right, 17lbs of boost no matter how you get there is going to be alot!

other note: the reason why hks says not to go above 19psi is because of the injectors, they are not big enough to go higher.

There are so many sides to it. im not going to argue about it tho :P please feel free to dissagree, cause i agree with your points too.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #56
zcargtr83
Registered Member

lol just wanted to disagree since you are right 99% of the time, but it looks like we agree anyways. I somewhat misunderstood what you were trying to say. I just thought you were saying that the hks kit was capable of more power. Though we are seeing more people using accessports with the hks systems and ditching the boost controller. I just think it is much easier to get yourself into trouble with a boost controller set up liek the hks system because it allows you to overdo the boost and the rest of the system can not adapt.

Good info as always mindless! Your input on here is extremely vaulable.
zcargtr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:40 AM   #57
mindlessoath
Registered Member

thank you. i appreciate it. but if it were not for the community as a whole, i wouldnt have any data :P

my wife could kill me sometimes tho.