SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #26
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyjo1 View Post
I bought my car about a week ago and I asked the dealer if I had the new LC program. He said yes, I put everything in RRR mode to see where the rpm would go. I'm getting 2000 rpm, I read in another gtr forum to stomp the gas and it should go up. I tried that and it went up to 2100-2200 rpm, When my car hits the 1000 mile check up, I'll ask him to reprogram the car.
RRR for the new program? LC should used RR&Off, but don't try or you void the warranty.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #27
dyjo1
Registered Member

I went out today and warmed up the car. I tried to see if I could pass the 2000 rpm mark and I was hitting 2500 rpm. I guess my LC is fine. I also tried the hill holder and that works too. I'm not sure about my creep, if the touch point is at +2. Norman, I read in NAGTROC the new LC in the RRR mode is the same as VDC off, so you won't void your warranty. Am I wrong about this guys, can someone else explain how the new LC works. I found this on NAGTROC 2009 Nissan GT-R Updated Official 0-60mph Time - Breaking News

The Nissan GT-R is fast, no doubt about it. In a straight line and around a track but one metric that sticks in everyone’s mind is the 0-60mph time. It’s easy to understand and it’s easy to remember. One number for one test.
When the Nissan GT-R launched in 2007 and 2008 it set a new benchmark in performance in terms of bang for the buck. It’s official 3.5 second 0-60mph time was certainly in supercar territory.
Cut to this year when the MY2009 update (US MY2010) comes along offering increased horsepower, slight handling changes and revised software in the transmission control unit (TCM). These changes are now on sale in Japan and are being delivered to GT-Rs in the US and Australia shortly.
Back to the 0-60mph time, given the drastic change with how the car launches itself from a standstill installed in every MY09 GT-R it’s only fair to retest the 0-60mph, and that’s what the guys at the Nissan Tochigi Assembly plant have done.
On the 15th of February on the Nissan Tochigi plant test track, Nissan’s test driver clocked a 3.3 second 0-60mph run in a standard 2009 Nissan GT-R.
Utilising the new, more driveline friendly launch method, the GT-R was setup in R transmission, R suspension and R VDC modes. That’s right, VDC was on.
We’re told the official announcement will filter down through Nissan Japan shortly. My dealer told me it was fine to launch the car, but don't over due it.
dyjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #28
frosteds
Registered Member

I spoke to my dealer today who would be happy to install the upgraded software. However, he told me if it was his car he would keep the original programming to make the inital cars special. He also said the old programmed cars are faster..but you guys say something different..does anybody really know what this upgrade does beside limit the launch mode?
frosteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
mc
"powered by HKS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosteds View Post
I spoke to my dealer today who would be happy to install the upgraded software. However, he told me if it was his car he would keep the original programming to make the inital cars special. He also said the old programmed cars are faster..but you guys say something different..does anybody really know what this upgrade does beside limit the launch mode?

the old launch control is about a tenth faster 0-60. which is hardly anything and it non warranted and possibly damaging to the car.

the new launch control is right there head to head with the old. its just the lower RPMs make it bog off the line just a touch.
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
mc
"powered by HKS"

thats not an apples to apples comparison

the 3.3 was done on a 2010 that in addition to the TCM update has 5hp (peak) plus maybe more under the curve not sure yet. plus it has a new compound dunlop tire and stiffer suspension.

edmunds.com tested a stock 2009 GTR with the update at 3.6 0-60. i independantly tested 3.5 with my car only mod is a HKS midpipe

Quote:
I went out today and warmed up the car. I tried to see if I could pass the 2000 rpm mark and I was hitting 2500 rpm. I guess my LC is fine. I also tried the hill holder and that works too. I'm not sure about my creep, if the touch point is at +2. Norman, I read in NAGTROC the new LC in the RRR mode is the same as VDC off, so you won't void your warranty. Am I wrong about this guys, can someone else explain how the new LC works. I found this on NAGTROC 2009 Nissan GT-R Updated Official 0-60mph Time - Breaking News

The Nissan GT-R is fast, no doubt about it. In a straight line and around a track but one metric that sticks in everyone’s mind is the 0-60mph time. It’s easy to understand and it’s easy to remember. One number for one test.
When the Nissan GT-R launched in 2007 and 2008 it set a new benchmark in performance in terms of bang for the buck. It’s official 3.5 second 0-60mph time was certainly in supercar territory.
Cut to this year when the MY2009 update (US MY2010) comes along offering increased horsepower, slight handling changes and revised software in the transmission control unit (TCM). These changes are now on sale in Japan and are being delivered to GT-Rs in the US and Australia shortly.
Back to the 0-60mph time, given the drastic change with how the car launches itself from a standstill installed in every MY09 GT-R it’s only fair to retest the 0-60mph, and that’s what the guys at the Nissan Tochigi Assembly plant have done.
On the 15th of February on the Nissan Tochigi plant test track, Nissan’s test driver clocked a 3.3 second 0-60mph run in a standard 2009 Nissan GT-R.
Utilising the new, more driveline friendly launch method, the GT-R was setup in R transmission, R suspension and R VDC modes. That’s right, VDC was on.
We’re told the official announcement will filter down through Nissan Japan shortly. My dealer told me it was fine to launch the car, but don't over due it.
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #31
frosteds
Registered Member

so is the update worth it if you don't plan on launching. I am going to add an exhaust and custom tune when I can finally sort this out? any ideas?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #32
mc
"powered by HKS"

yeah it downshifts smoother from like 3rd to 2nd to 1st. and is less clunky at lower speeds. so even if you dont launch it, it is still a refined version and its free so no reason not to get it.
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #33
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Quote:
On the 15th of February on the Nissan Tochigi plant test track, Nissanís test driver clocked a 3.3 second 0-60mph run in a standard 2009 Nissan GT-R.
Utilising the new, more driveline friendly launch method, the GT-R was setup in R transmission, R suspension and R VDC modes. Thatís right, VDC was on.
Weíre told the official announcement will filter down through Nissan Japan shortly. My dealer told me it was fine to launch the car, but don't over due it.
Mine is "old version" now i can't get the update in my country....
Old 03-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #34
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

if "i" really have a plan to upgrade turbo system /cam /bigger tyre or final gear....i would keep the old "map".^^
Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #35
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Quote:
...the new LC in the RRR mode is the same as VDC off, so you won't void your warranty. Am I wrong about this guys, can someone else explain how the new LC works....
You are correct. Your run all three settings in 'R' mode, hold the brake, press the throttle, and watch the RPMs climb. To launch, just release the brake. It's done the same way as 'power braking' on a true automatic transmission car.

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
Parts installation articles: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC (Sales@SpeedForSale.com / 770-777-4774)

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.SpeedForSale.com/forum
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #36
mc
"powered by HKS"

you can also do the new LC without even messing with the set up switches. and you can do it in automode( people have been actually getting the fastest 1/4 times in auto) where the old LC was only for manual mode.
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #37
sstevens06
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd51230 View Post
mc,

Been reading up on the threats at nagtroc. Noticed that this update addresses the 1st gear "lurch"...

Holy sh*t, I thought I was the only one getting this! 1st gear on my godzilla is touchier than a girl on PMS... you have to accelerate just right to not get the go-pause-lurch. Is this the phenomena that the upgrade fixes?

Yes, can anyone answer cmd51230's question? I've noticed this behavior as well and it's quite annoying!

Got my letter from NNA today and will probably get the upgrade (along with an engine oil change) in a couple of weeks.
sstevens06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #38
GTR Tech
Registered Member

mc is right on target. come to the dealershit & have your shift point adjusted.
GTR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #39
frosteds
Registered Member

Just got my car back from the dealership with the updated program..tranny differently engages better..however, I might be crazy but it seems to run slightly less responsive overall but still very fast..I am going to finally install a titek titanium midpipe and HKS catback tomorrow..my question...is the cobb worth it..has anyone installed just midpipe and catback back to back for comparision? Thanks..
Old 10-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #40
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

My update using clutch B touch point +1..., anyone knows what's the different between +1 and +2 ?

Cause now when 1st gear "lurch", pulse and go 2~3 times

How about clutch A touch point?

Any recommend?
Old 10-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #41
mc
"powered by HKS"

+2 is just going to increase your off the brake creep foward a little more over +1 the more creep/lurch/roll or whatever you want to call it foward the smoother the start is gonna be, what you dont want is to actually have to press the gas and rev over say 1200 to make it move foward that makes for a jerky frustrating start. the + range increase the contact and for lack of a better term makes the gear "feel" more engaged (although thats technically not true in a dual clutch as 1st is already engaged)

TP A wont have an effect on the start as it controls the even gears. no need to mess with it

my TPB is at +2 and i think its fine.
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3

Last edited by mc; 10-28-2009 at 10:03 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #42
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Yes! My problem is that you mention~"what you dont want is to actually have to press the gas and rev over say 1200 to make it move foward that makes for a jerky frustrating start"

Hope +2 helps ...

Thanks, MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc View Post
+2 is just going to increase your off the brake creep foward a little more over +1 the more creep/lurch/roll or whatever you want to call it foward the smoother the start is gonna be, what you dont want is to actually have to press the gas and rev over say 1200 to make it move foward that makes for a jerky frustrating start. the + range increase the contact and for lack of a better term makes the gear "feel" more engaged (although thats technically not true in a dual clutch as 1st is already engaged)

TP A wont have an effect on the start as it controls the even gears. no need to mess with it

my TPB is at +2 and i think its fine.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #43
280Z
Registered Member

New to the forum and here is my question. 2010 with all set at RRR mode and in auto, are the rpms limited, and to what #? With that question out of the way, so just hold (brake), depress (go pedal) release the brake and jam the accelerator. Is this how we are to accomplish these numbers of 3.3 or is it a dream only in Japan? Since I have only 500+ on this machine, and had to give everything other than my DNA to acquire it, I ask for some advice from the not so weak at heart. Damn, if we can't drive it the way it was meant to be driven, then WTF!
280Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:59 AM   #44
mc
"powered by HKS"

rpms limited to 3300-3500 idealy but sometimes it has a mind of its own and on average you will see 2700-3300rpms

3.3 was reportedly done at their testing facilities in idea conditions...... 2 sec improvement over the 2009 GTR without the updraded TCM
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
Old 10-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #45
discodan
Registered 911 Terminator

Personally, I've given up on the Launch altogether. As MC said the system has a mind of its own and sometimes I get 2700, other times it's 3300 etc etc. I find that if I set all rockers to RRR and then immediately launch it'll go straight to 3300 - 3400 no problems. Consecutive launches only get then to 2700, 2900 etc.

I don't think it really is any faster now. Yes the old 4500 was definitely a difference - but ah potential shattered gearbox and warranty void was a problem.

In conclusion - its not a case of WTF I can't drive my GTR hard - NOT AT ALL. Drive it hard. Drive it fast. However for me the jury is out on the post TCM update LC.

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #46
NJNYCGTR
Registered Member

I have an 09 with the new upgraded lc2 and am not sure if it actually hits 3.3 0-60, but then again it is very hard to time it on the stopwatch in the gtr.

I can never get it over 3k RPM doing a RRR launch, but you can get it to hit 4kish with a trick/exploit.

Hold the brake, mash the throttle until it hits whatever its gonna hit 2700-3400, then let off the accelerator and when the tach needle hits almost to the bottom hit the accelerator again, if times right you will get the RPMs to 4kish. (if you are gettig 3400rpm for your launches, doing this is pretty useless as TCM will kick in unless you turn it off launching at 4k+).

I haven't launched the car this way, but experimented with the timing when i learned about it and it is possible, but frustrating to get the timing right. You can just mash and go as well which will smoke most anything else on the road.

The car was not meant as a dragster really, so drive it on a track/road course and feel what it is all about. (FYI - tracking the car is not cheap via replacing fluids/brakes/tires)

Enjoy the car, its amazing.
NJNYCGTR is offline   Reply With Quote