SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #51
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

+1, DITTO, and AMEN already!
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #52
drdjdesi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S. View Post
If you can find this car, buy it. Hell, if you can find two, I'll take one myself. I would love to have a spare.
20k under MSRP is stretch, but it might be reality by years end. Some dealers are still trying to get over 80k for a new GTR (2009) so prices have def dropped >10k....
Take a look at this thread:
http://www.nissangtrclub.com/showthread.php?t=2217

As long as the seller can have the black box interrogated to prove the warrenty is still valid and show that the car has had all is scheduled maintenance, sounds like a winner!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #53
spoiledcat805
soon to be a GTR owner!

Location: san luis obispo, ca (looking to buy a white GTR, contact me)

yes someone on here already said that they are NOT dropping in price more then $10k but as you can see in my other thread " GT-R's found under $70K " you will see i am correct!

the lowest i have seen one is $60k and the normal MSRP on them is over $80k so its MORE then $20k off for a lightly used one with under 10k miles!!!

the GT-R is not even a full year old yet and selling used for that much under MSRP so again not a great sign and i wouldn't be surprised to see one with a voided warranty selling in the mid $40k range or lower
spoiledcat805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #54
cheesewz
Registered Member

Do you even bother to read what anyone else posts? I'm starting to wonder if you are really interested in the car, or if you are trolling to pass the time. Buy the car, or don't buy the car. But ffs, quit laboring over the decision.

Go and do some research on the 5 year value projection for 10 sports cars that base above 75k. Note that they will all have a similar 5 year resale curve to a GT-R. If the 5 year resale is a big deal for you, then you probably can't afford the car anyway.
cheesewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #55
porsche carrera gt

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmc2488 View Post
Yes I have owned an F40. You can't import a Zonda unless your Yclef. I have also owned a Carrera GT, F430, 997 Turbo, GT3, GT2, and pretty much every other significant sports car on the planet. I bought the GTR for the same reason everyone else did. Claims of spectacular performance for 70K. And thats what you get? A 70K "Super Car". No such thing. Doesn't fit the definition. And now, based on the header of this thread, I can't track it with out voiding my warranty. Before I knew this, I was fine with all the claims people were making about a glass tranny. That's what happens when you abuse a car, they break. But, for Nissan to make this a mandate, throws a flag on the field in my opinion. What are they hiding? Is the transmission weak and unable to handle the stress of a track day. My insurance company will cover damage at a track as long as an instructor is in the car. They consider it a School. But when I go to change the oil after "school", the tech plugs in the car and finds data that represents abuse. Now I lose my warranty. BS. I talked to my dealer and my mechanic after reading this thread. They were both very concerned about having to find a buyer for my MY09 GTR with low miles. They don't like what they are hearing form NNA either. Makes it harder to sell a car when someone comes in and says "I heard you can lose your warranty buy driving Spirited". No other make that I have owned or owned currently has ever put such restrictions on a car. And I will not calm down. I have 1.5 tons of useless Japanese metal in my garage. No, I don't need LC. And, NO! It isn't that quick. I could shorten the gearing in an E46 M3 and come up with similar numbers to the GTR. By the way. They had Slicks on the GTR at the Ring. That's how they beat the 997.
thanks so much for all the information man, Nissan GTR Waste of Money
porsche carrera gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #56
porsche carrera gt

Smile

double post.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #57
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Oh, the never-ending bitterness (and endless hyper-misinformation) of the Porsche-philes, still in denial that the GT-R bested them on their home court, and for a fraction of the price. So pitiful. Nothing against Porsches; they're great and have been for decades. But give Godzilla its due, and stop with the endless mis-information.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
Old 09-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #58
TODGTR
Registered Member

Well said!
TODGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #59
avanti5010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGodzilla View Post
+1. Agreed! It sounds like the best way to make both SpoiledCat and mmc happy would be for mmc to sell his unwanted GT-R to Spoiled. mmc HATES it, thinks it has little value, and should be willing to sell it to Spoiled for a song, just to be rid of it. And Spoiled can get the bargain-priced used car he wants. Then maybe they could both stop ranting mis-information on this thread.

Quote:
Oh, the never-ending bitterness (and endless hyper-misinformation) of the Porsche-philes, still in denial that the GT-R bested them on their home court, and for a fraction of the price. So pitiful. Nothing against Porsches; they're great and have been for decades. But give Godzilla its due, and stop with the endless mis-information.
AGREED!! If you have something against the GT-R, sell it and be over it. If you want to abuse a new car, don't cry like a baby when your warranty is denied. BASTA!
avanti5010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #60
novagtr
2010 GTR Premium

One other thing, not sure where you live, but in PA and NJ the GTR is a rare sight on the road.
So far, NO OTHER CAR that I have owned has generated as much attention and interest as the GTR when I drive it.
The car may not, in stock tires, live up to the road holding generated by racing slicks, but it MORE than makes up for it in people flocking to look it over.
The GTR is a great sports car. It's not perfect, but what it does well more than makes up for its shortcomings.
If you are really mad at your money, and have to get rid of it, go for the exotics and "pasta-burners" from the Italians.
You will spend alot of it with them and hopefully you will feel better when you're done.....
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #61
2006m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by novagtr View Post
One other thing, not sure where you live, but in PA and NJ the GTR is a rare sight on the road.
So far, NO OTHER CAR that I have owned has generated as much attention and interest as the GTR when I drive it.
The car may not, in stock tires, live up to the road holding generated by racing slicks, but it MORE than makes up for it in people flocking to look it over.
The GTR is a great sports car. It's not perfect, but what it does well more than makes up for its shortcomings.
If you are really mad at your money, and have to get rid of it, go for the exotics and "pasta-burners" from the Italians.
You will spend alot of it with them and hopefully you will feel better when you're done.....
So true..not many around here.
2006m5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #62
porsche carrera gt

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Please read this Owner’s Manual carefully,
together with your Warranty Information Booklet
which describes a number of express limitations,
exclusions and ways to void your warranty for
failing to follow the instructions contained in this
Owner’s Manual, including, but not limited to:

. Failure to use proper parts, fuel and fluids,
. Driving with the VDC off,
. Racing,
. Any competitive driving of any sort whatsoever,
. Use on a track or driving on any airstrip,
. Modifications, including adding/replacing,
reprogramming, attempting to reprogram,
altering, disconnecting any computer, control
unit or electronic modules,

why was this car made for ?

Last edited by porsche carrera gt; 10-18-2009 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #63
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche carrera gt View Post
WARRANTY INFORMATION
Please read this Owner’s Manual carefully,
together with your Warranty Information Booklet
which describes a number of express limitations,
exclusions and ways to void your warranty for
failing to follow the instructions contained in this
Owner’s Manual, including, but not limited to:

. Failure to use proper parts, fuel and fluids,
. Driving with the VDC off,
. Racing,
. Any competitive driving of any sort whatsoever,
. Use on a track or driving on any airstrip,
. Modifications, including adding/replacing,
reprogramming, attempting to reprogram,
altering, disconnecting any computer, control
unit or electronic modules,

why was this car made for ?
I recall first seeing the above warrantee disclaimer when it was posted related to the 2010 models when they were first becoming available. I have a 2009 and the warrantee does NOT exclude tracking the car.
Previous toys:
Old 10-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #64
DarinF
Registered Member

You have to pay to play people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuD4FOUylUA
DarinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #65
NJNYCGTR
Registered Member

even without my car there it was an awesome event. Hopefully I will be able to make an event that is closer by one day.

CajunGodzilla - I have a 09 as well and didnt see anything voiding the warranty via tracking, but will have to double check as mine is a later 09.
NJNYCGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:21 AM   #66
mc
"powered by HKS"

2009 covers tracking, driving schools, lapping days,

it does not cover competitive track racing, like, solo, time attacks and of course wheel to wheel racing

according to the warranty 2010 doesnt cover anything Off road of any kind

not sure how technical this gets and if there is really true legal difference between the two warranties or its just semantics but they are written differently
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #67
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Thanks MC.

BTW, tracked my stock GT-R in a high-perf drivers-ed this past Sat at Autobahn in Joliet, IL (first time on track with the GT-R or anything else). Through the day we had runs in the damp, the wet, then drying, and then dry. AWESOME in all.

Did experience a tiny bit of brake fade at the end of the dry runs (after 20-25 mins). The chief instructor said he saw my brakes GLOWING ORANGE (i.e. a minimum of 1100 degF!)

But WOW. Never thought burning a full tank of gas at 6-7 mpg could be so much FUN. Its the only way to really experience our incredible car.
Previous toys:
Old 10-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #68
NJNYCGTR
Registered Member

thanks for the info
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #69
mc
"powered by HKS"

Quote:
Thanks MC.

BTW, tracked my stock GT-R in a high-perf drivers-ed this past Sat at Autobahn in Joliet, IL (first time on track with the GT-R or anything else). Through the day we had runs in the damp, the wet, then drying, and then dry. AWESOME in all.

Did experience a tiny bit of brake fade at the end of the dry runs (after 20-25 mins). The chief instructor said he saw my brakes GLOWING ORANGE (i.e. a minimum of 1100 degF!)

But WOW. Never thought burning a full tank of gas at 6-7 mpg could be so much FUN. Its the only way to really experience our incredible car.
yeah i think i remember filling up half a tank at a time over a 30 mins track session.
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #70
NJNYCGTR
Registered Member

So I have one more question then, since my car is a 2009 and have a "little" more leway with my warranty would adding a cobb/midpipe/downpipe all but make that little benefit voided?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #71
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

When I took delivery of my 2009 in Sep 2008, the dealer told me that I could replenish the windshield washer fluid, but that if I changed ANYTHING ELSE from stock(including oil, other fluids, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, aero trim, intakes, exhausts, engine parts, engine controls), it would void the warranty. I have changed the wheels and tires anyway. I will also change to better brakes once they are worn, as I got into some brake fade during some track sessions.

But whatever you decide, DO TRACK IT. You'll be all
Previous toys: