Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
prospective buyer - need help - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
hubrisg35

Default prospective buyer - need help

I'm a young (25) working professional, and I currently own a 2004 g35 with less than 19k miles on it (paid for). I'm very interested in purchasing a GTR and I have the money to do so, however, I am hesitant without a test drive.

I've been to three dealers so far, and none of them allow a test drive for the GTR. I understand why that is, especially to someone as young as me, but that doesn't really do much for their sales.

I registered on this site with the hope of a local Chicago owner who would be willing to meet up with me and show me the car and take me for a ride. I have no problem paying for gas etc.
hubrisg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Phone me.
daytime in office: 630-353-9690
or evenings at home: 630-369-4832
John
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
dlloyd

Default Illinois GTR showing....Place date time

Hello,
I am interested in a illinois GTR showing..any suggestions would be appreciated in date and place /time...we could do in spring/summer/fall to make it interesting and allow for everyone to get chance to show these great cars...I live in central illinois and Peoria, would work great for me,, not sure where to look for car shows in this area but i think it would be great if we would show up in masses to show off are cars,,anyone interested give me a shout..at dlloyd9@gmail.com i will also check our forum frequently..Thanks!
dlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
0260N3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubrisg35 View Post
I'm a young (25) working professional, and I currently own a 2004 g35 with less than 19k miles on it (paid for). I'm very interested in purchasing a GTR and I have the money to do so, however, I am hesitant without a test drive.

I've been to three dealers so far, and none of them allow a test drive for the GTR. I understand why that is, especially to someone as young as me, but that doesn't really do much for their sales.

I registered on this site with the hope of a local Chicago owner who would be willing to meet up with me and show me the car and take me for a ride. I have no problem paying for gas etc.

I think that is ridiculous! I'm also 25 and met with several dealers who wouldn't even allow me to look inside of the vehicle without the manager there. I wrote corporate Nissan about it because I was appalled at the prejudice against a young person wanting to purchase a high priced vehicle. I found a Nissan dealership who was eager to help me and who wanted me to test drive an 09 GTR, but I already knew I wanted it and wanted a 2010. (Loved the Skyline from when I was 16 and lived in Japan) Due to my great customer experience, I ended up purchasing my 2010 from them. I would find a dealer who shows you the respect you deserve as a potential buyer!
0260N3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlloyd View Post
Hello,
I am interested in a illinois GTR showing..any suggestions would be appreciated in date and place /time...we could do in spring/summer/fall to make it interesting and allow for everyone to get chance to show these great cars...I live in central illinois and Peoria, would work great for me,, not sure where to look for car shows in this area but i think it would be great if we would show up in masses to show off are cars,,anyone interested give me a shout..at dlloyd9@gmail.com i will also check our forum frequently..Thanks!
Peoria is a bit of a haul for those of us in the Chicago area, where there are likely more owners than downstate. For a great gathering, once a month, May through Oct, check out www.SupercarSaturdays.com. It meets in the North suburbs of Chicago and is very nicely organized and gets a great mix of GREAT cars. Check-out their "gallery" page for photos. In early 2009 we typically had 3 to 4 GT-Rs show-up and as many as 6 later in the summer, with 9 or 10 different owners in all.

I'm open to other meet options as well, so keep posting.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

CajunGodzilla, you so nice~ want to join you guys.

hei, come to Malaysia and give you 10+ 480 to 600hp rides ^^

Last edited by Norman; 02-01-2010 at 12:50 PM..
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Norman, you can JOIN me anytime.
But please do not JOINT me.

Haven't been to KL in ~15 yrs now. But enjoyed it whenever I was.
Previous toys:
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

you are the guy with PASSION ~ have to learn from you
Old 02-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

....sorry for the broken English!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #10