Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
My ride experience in a RHD JDM GTR - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
threepointo
Registered Member

Default My ride experience in a RHD JDM GTR

This is the original story cut and pasted from my email group that requested that I tell the story of my ride in the GTR in my creative way of telling stories! so here it is: Original date of this is March 5th 2008.

I woke up yesterday with the sun shining at a perfect 45 degree angle right into my left eye! After wiping the morning eye boogers away I proceeded to head into the bathroom to take the customary morning leak and then brush my teeth, hit the shower and I was on my way! For this day was going to be an exciting day because I was either going to get a ride or be able to drive a GTR! I scurried on out of the house and fired up the Z. When I got on the Freeway I turned down the stereo and punched it so I could hear the simultaneous spooling of the HKS GT2530's and the Z began to pull hard as I shifted through the gears and I thought to myself "OK why am I selling this car again?" With a big smile on my face I proceeded to pass everyone that was in good old Quick Silvers's way! I then looked over at Mr. Sulu and told him to set a course for Gardena warp 9! Mr. Sulu obliged and off we went! I dropped out of warp after about an hour to find myself at my destination! I pulled into the parking lot and instructed Mr.Sulu that I was beaming to the surface so just maintain a standard orbit and I will return after a while. Mr Sulu obliged and away I went. I opened the door to Steve Mitchell's shop with the sun shining hard against my back. The sun immediately filled the shop and there on the rack lit up like a blaze of glory was GODZILLA!!!!!!!! I have seen every part of this car in pieces so there is no way I should be the slightest bit intrigued right? Wrong! There is something about the GTR that just makes you feel good all over! I felt like a guy at a club standing by myself and there is a hot chick over there that keeps staring at me giving me the " come over here " look! I slide up under the rack and asked what is the car still doing on the rack. Steve informs me that it was hesitating and throwing trouble codes to the ECU. He hooked up the consult and eventually traced the problem to a loose crank sensor. After tightening it up he lowered GODZILLA to the floor and fired it up! Now..... I have heard this car running before and I have seen it driving at a slow pace but I have never heard it fire up! OMG what beauty of sound when this thing fired up! I am telling you right now if you handed me a piece of coal right then and there I was hard enough to cut it up and make it into a diamond for you! SHWING!!!!!! The idle started to stumble again and then he cleared the trouble codes and GODZILLA purred like a kitten! At idle the car sounds like it is on a supercharger as you can hear an audible whine. All I can say at this point is that this damn thing is mean! Suddenly Mario and his assistant RC show up while Steve is backing GODZILLA out. Mario loves white cars and he really loves the GTR in white! we get out into the parking lot and Steve asks "who is first?" Giddy like a flock of school girls we look at each other and I tell Mario(the guy you see sitting in the engine bay pic) to go first. Mario gets in and they leave the lot. 5 minutes later they come back and Mario is not smiling! He rolls down the window and says it is not boosting! We pop the hood only to find that a clamp was not tight enough on the intercooler hose and it blew it right off! After putting the hose back on and making sure that all of the boost hoses were tight they were off again. 5 minutes go by again and I hear what sounds like a group of Ninja or Hayabusa motorcycles headed in our direction so I run out to the street to see and there was nothing so I assumed that they all got on the freeway nearby. Finally GODZILLA appears! I can see Mario's face from one block away he is in shock! No he is smiling! No he is in shock! No he is smiling and in shock! He got out of the car and I got in and I asked him before we left "so how was it?" He said "I have ridden in alot of fast cars but nothing compares to what I just experienced! I am speechless! I said "speechless??? not Mr. I have an answer for everything Lozano is speechless!!!" "lets go Steve" We take off and suddenly my comm badge goes off and it is Mr. Sulu informing me that I left my G suit behind. I told him that it would be o.k. seeing how I don't expect to see speeds past mach 1 today and sooo were off! It felt very weird being in a right hand drive car! We got on the main road and Steve punched it and I went into this feeling of temporary euphoria! When I came out of it I was immediately pushed into the seat by the G forces created from the massive amounts of torque and as my face looked over at Steve I could not do anything but smile and laugh and grab my stomach! It felt like we had taken the 1st drop on a roller coaster! You know that tingling feeling you get on a ride like that? That is what the GODZILLA experience was all about. Even with all the traction control on we still broke all 4 tires loose!!! This thing handles like a slot car! You point it in the direction you want to go and it puts you there! The power is so linear it is just shocking! The transmission shifts like a hot knife through butter! It even blips the throttle for you on down shifts. When you let the computer shift for you it shifts very fast! Or you can switch over and paddle shift yourself and still have a damn good time! I was not sure about the whole paddle shift thing but I am a fan now!!!!!! As we approached warp mach light to the E=MC2 division of speed, Steve slams on the brakes and the Brembos bring GODZILLA to a complete stop like it is nobodies business! We do a couple of warp mach light runs and return to space dock! My chest is now hurting from trying not to pass out from all of the G experience without a G suit! I get out of the car looking like I have just had some of the best sex in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!! This car is sex on wheels in fact it has inspired me to make up a new word. It is not incredible nor is it awesome. It was AWCREDIBLE that is the new word to describe what I felt! Mario's assistant jumped in the car and came back with the same expression on his face that I had! However, I finally figured out where the sound of Ninja/Hayabusa group came from...When they went past us at full speed this thing Roared and Growled so loud it really sounded like a huge pack of motorcycles with a grizzly bear chasing them! It sounded sooooooooooo GOOD! I thanked Steve for the ride and hit my comm badge to beam myself back to the Z. Mario instructed me to park at his shop down the road so we can all go eat together. Upon returning to the ship Mr. Sulu asked "so how was it? I told you to take your G suit!" I just look at him as we found an open stretch of road and told him to give me warp mach light nine EMC2 to the ninth power!!!!! and the rest went as follows:

Mr Sulu: I will give you everything we have

Kevin : ENGAGE!!!!!!

Mr. Sulu: I am sorry sir but I can only give you warp 9

Kevin: What!!!! Neely to engine room I need more power

Engine room: We are giving you all she's got!!! what do you think this is a GTR or something???

Kevin : Engine room more power now!!!! Divert the sublight engines from the deflector shield and all available power to the main engines and the gt2530's Now!!!!!!!!

Engine Room: She is not going to hold together!!!!

Kevin: I must have the euphoria!!! I must duplicate that power!!! Full power now!!!!!

Engine room: You have full power now!!!

Kevin : Why can't I feel what I felt before!!!

Mr Sulu : This is not a GTR!!! This is old technology we need to put this thing in space doc and grab us one of those GTR's before Starfleet hands them all out!

Kevin: We have dropped out of warp what happened!!!

Mr. Sulu it appears we are at Mario's shop shall I land?

Kevin: yeah land this piece of crap! Is it me or does this starship feel very slow all of the sudden?

Engine room and Mr Sulu: It is you! we told you not to ride in that damn thing! Now get us on the list so we can get a new starship!

Kevin: I don't know hmmmm I will have to discuss it over lunch. Perhaps we will go in increments. 1st the new G class starship with a few hidden extras and then we go and get GODZILLA! Only time will tell!

Engine Room and Mr Sulu: OH man here he goes again!

Kevin : We will see where our adventures take us! Neely out!

P.S. If you want the same old boring hit the throttle and get the torque and spin the tires blah blah blah Then get a Z06 which I had an opportunity to ride in yesterday as well. I must say that I was not impressed and it did exactly what I thought it would do! That is why we sold that technology to the Klingon's years ago!

If you want excitement, euphoria, sex on wheels, an experience of a life time, etc, etc, etc, etc...Get the GTR hands down.

This just in...The Z06 owner just called me on my cell as of this writing and informed me that his car is for sale and he is on Gardena Nissan's list and is going to pay 20 over! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Peace!!! hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Enjoy the ride!

Sincerely,

Kevin Neely

Wellllllll you asked for my write up!
threepointo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
GODZILLA_GTR
Registered Member

haha... love the story. and they all lived happily ever after.
GODZILLA_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Medrivfast
Registered Member

Very nice and entertaining story Hahahahaha

By the way, Are you a Star Trek fan?
Medrivfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
ATL-Porsche
Registered Member

Wow. That's awesome. I love the way everyone comments on the acceleration and the sheer power of the car. What did you think about the way the car looked in person compared to how it looks in pictures? How would you describe the difference. You're a lucky man.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #5
threepointo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche View Post
Wow. That's awesome. I love the way everyone comments on the acceleration and the sheer power of the car. What did you think about the way the car looked in person compared to how it looks in pictures? How would you describe the difference. You're a lucky man.
The car look absolutely fabulous in person!
threepointo is offline   Reply With Quote