Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Anyone willing to pass on some of their research??? - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Scott_in_FL

Default Anyone willing to pass on some of their research???

Hey guys, first post but I've been lurking for a long time and following Skylines as long as I can remember. Like you, I've been waiting on this one since the Proto was shown but then I needed to work out some other investments before I could order one.

Now I'm ready and, of course, it's getting late for '09 allocations. I'll start making all the calls tomorrow. Being that plenty of you have already done this, if anyone has a line on dealers that have open allocations at a reasonable MA, I'm willing to help offset some of your time with $$$ if a written deal consummates. Please PM and I'll get back to you quickly.

Thanks in advance.
Scott_in_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
enterdeath
Registered Member

Scott...

It has been a while since i was looking about 2-3mo time. Don't waste your time with some of the smaller dealerships or ones you think people would not buy from. (The small allocation places want high markups or they have already been sold.) Your best bet for a small markup dealership imo is to goto california, texas, or a dealership like that. Joel Alvarez at Selma nissan in california is my rep you can contact him but they are sold out on their 09 alotments. Also Dallas fort worth nissan wanted $15k over msrp so they where high priced. Also Florida wanted 15k but they seemed more of a movable price. I would still expect to pay from 10-15k over msrp for an 09 skyline at this point in time though. Or put 5K down on a 2010 model. Good luck, Jason

06 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab Auto (Custom Black Chrome Emblems) Asanti Chrome & Black Wheels (Custom Stereo: Avic Z2 & 2 JL10W7) Limo Tinted Windows, 50% Windshield Tint, Black & Grey

07 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon 2dr Auto Dual Top 4wd Independent Suspension Electronic Sway Bar Disconect Black & Grey

09 Nissan Skyline GT-R35 Premium TT AT/MT GT-R Floor Mats & Iphone Connector Summer Package Gun Metallic & Black
enterdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

There are alot of those same small dealers that wanted up to $45K over MSRP, but now they still have thier cars all unsold and are now working with the customer...I got mine atr MSRP from a smaller dealer...

If you are serious about not wasting my time as other have I will do a search for you...I still have alist of about 5 dealers with 09 allocations...if you wiat it out like I did a 2010 may be better off...
Gotzira
-Kaizen Tuning LLC (978) 266-9900
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Ev0H8t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Saintdog
Registered Member

there is a certain dealer in Baton Rouge for MSRP, dont know if they have any left though...

09 GT-R Premier White/Black
07 FJ Cruiser
94 Supra TT Auto (4 sale)
Saintdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

Saintdog, where did you get yours at? WA?
Gotzira
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Old 06-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
mc
"powered by HKS"

i can get you a confirmed #5 slot for here from a dealer here in NC. just to let you know they are asking 10K over though

based on what i know about the entire preorder process and this particular dealers allocations. i would guess a #5 slot would be jan/feb of 09 delivery if ordered ASAP

i think ive located about 15 GT-Rs for people in the since february
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3

Last edited by mc; 06-02-2008 at 12:58 PM..
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
Scott_in_FL

$10k is the upper limit of where I'm willing to go, and it appears that is the going rate by and large. If anyone knows of something in the $5k-$10k range (or lower, and even msrp would be nice too), please PM me.

I'll send a $400 check to the finder if I use your information once I have a signed deal at $6k MA or lower, and $200 if the signed deal is for more than that (but again, I likely wouldn't be interested in a deal higher than $10k MA).

Thanks again in advance for everyone's assistance.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
mc
"powered by HKS"

i'll keep looking for ya
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
Dentifrice
Registered Member

Hey Scott...I'm in Orlando, Fl and I reserved 2. One of them is at 20k over MSRP. I reserved at another dealer at MSRP. I dont know how it would work but I can give you my spot on the 20k over dealer.
Dentifrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #10
Saintdog
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0H8t3r View Post
Saintdog, where did you get yours at? WA?
Campbell Nelson in Edmonds... Talk to Dino Tukes, he'll take care of you...

09 GT-R Premier White/Black
07 FJ Cruiser
94 Supra TT Auto (4 sale)
Saintdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
Scott_in_FL

Thank you for the offer, but $20k is too high for me. I've found $10k, but I'm working to improve it by any amount possible.

The problem I see is that by the time some of the later allocations roll around, we'll be very close to 2010 model year cars and Nissan will likely have ramped up production considerably by then (if they're smart). Thus, contracts entered into today for a 2009 (based upon the understanding of limited availability) will turn out to be a terrible deal compared to contracts entered into several months from now for a 2010 (assuming production numbers increase)... and, with my luck, the two cars would likely be delivered only a few months apart.

So, I need to be prepared to throw this money away and $20k is too much to do that with.

If anyone knows of a 2009 allocation lower than $10k MA, please PM me. thanks.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #12
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

mann I tired but all are sold out! There wera lot at $5K over MSRO, $10K looks good now!

I found a dealer in seattle asking $99K for a 09 black on back will be in their showroom in 3 months...CRAZY!!
Gotzira
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #13
yamazaho
新人多指教!!!

There is actually a small dealer right outside of my community west of New Orleans, I might go see if there's anything available. As for the Baton Rouge dealer, I might go pay them a visit next week since I am going there for rotation for a week. Hum, I am kind anxious to find out what they have to offer....

325i // ZSP // Euro Halo // Blackline taillights // Simota CF Intake // CF splitters // CF roundels // CF mirror cover // Vorsteiner CF license plate // M-tech rear spoiler // UED 6000K HID // LED License Plate Lights // Nokya 2500K fog lights // Black girlls // CSL 19" // CF wrapped Interior // M-tech Perforated Steering Wheel
yamazaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
Scott_in_FL

yeah, i've looking around and things are crazy. some of these dealers are just straight up delusional asking 30-40k over. I suppose I can wait until the car releases and everyone comes to their senses. thx to everyone who sent me a PM or tried to point me in the right direction. this is a great board.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #15
totsubo
Registered Member

Dang.. Oh well. I might as well put my name out there.... I am willing to travel anywhere in the US to find one at MSRP.
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #16
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

sorry I was not any help, I got mine at MSRP and I pointed so many to different dealers, everyone I knew witha decent deal are all sold out and have a huge 2010 list...best bet is to wait it out...with the economy going down you have a good chance...
Gotzira
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Old 06-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #17
elpasocrna
Registered Member

Default hope this helps

remember i posted that a dealership in colorado springs CO wanted 7.5k above MSRP. Call them. I have the guys name at home. But i think there is only one dealer if not two in colorado springs. Good luck. 10K deposit
elpasocrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:20 AM   #18
elpasocrna
Registered Member

lets all face it.... you r not going to find one at msrp!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #19
elpasocrna
Registered Member

i called about 100 dealers before i bought mine. And i hate to tell you about the shitty story of what happened at the first dealer. If it sounds to good to be true then it is. Remember the fuc... GM at my local nissan dealer ordered the car in my name and then gave me back my deposit and said that he was going to bring the car in and find out who would be the highest bidder on it. Im pretty sure the dealer I ordered from this time is trustworthy. Lets hope so. I spoke directly to the owner of the dealer this time and made him send me a lot of paperwork gaurenteing me the vehicle.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #20
Scott_in_FL

I agree that, with the economy as a factor, we'll see the premiums deflate fairly quickly. I'm also curious to see how the used car market receives this vehicle. Nonetheless, I have an '06 Viper coupe in the garage that keeps me smiling when I drive it. I wanted something more of a daily driver so that I could enjoy it more often (I probably drive the Viper twice a month). So, I suppose I can wait (even though I've already been waiting on this car for years).... arghhhh!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:03 PM   #21
carman1962

I am not so sure the economy is going to play a big part in bringing this vehicles price down... with only 1500 being made for the US. There are a lot of people with crazy money and the car is obviously worth more than the MSRP! Seems to me 10K over is a bargain!
carman1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #22
elpasocrna
Registered Member

only 12000 world wide. so no the price will not come down.. Plus as more and more articles come out comparing it to everything else on the road it will just continue to drive up the desire to own one.