SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Pirate_777

Question Getting my first R35GTR, car is used do i need to worry ?

Hello dear GTR owners, im new here and i was thinking of asking the guys here about the things i should know before buying a used GTR.

Car description: Super Silver GT, 13000 Miles, 2009 (not sure yet)

The guy says its clean but i didnt see it, ill have to go to him today and check it up, any thing i need to know before checking it, like wierd noises or things that show if the car is good or not ?

Im still new to a GTR R35 and its my first Skyline ever, so to start with i dont know if ill face any serious problems, like transmission issues or differential problems ?

In general is there any common problems in the GTR or failures that might happen in the future ?

A little about me, Im 22, Male, and from Dubai in the UAE, im not an aggressive driver and i take care while driving.
Pirate_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
TODGTR
Registered Member

With 13,000 miles you need to check the tires. My were gone at about 10,000 miles with the track setting and only 1 trip to the track. The car should have service records at 1,000 miles, 6,000 miles and 12,000 miles. As far as strange noises the GTR is a race car and makes several strange noises. This is normal.

GTR's are very well built and the transmission issues were not as big as reported on the internet. I used Launch Control at the drag strip with no wheel hop and it was not a problem. If your really try to brake it you can. However, transmission replacement parts are now available from Nissan in addition to after market companies so the cost is greatly reduced. Good luck with your purchase. You will love it!
TODGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Pirate_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODGTR View Post
With 13,000 miles you need to check the tires. My were gone at about 10,000 miles with the track setting and only 1 trip to the track. The car should have service records at 1,000 miles, 6,000 miles and 12,000 miles. As far as strange noises the GTR is a race car and makes several strange noises. This is normal.

GTR's are very well built and the transmission issues were not as big as reported on the internet. I used Launch Control at the drag strip with no wheel hop and it was not a problem. If your really try to brake it you can. However, transmission replacement parts are now available from Nissan in addition to after market companies so the cost is greatly reduced. Good luck with your purchase. You will love it!
Thanks for the help bro, and its really comforting to know that about the transmission and how the GTR stands up to its name, oh btw i saw the car today and sorry it has 17,000 miles on it and just passed a major check up which costs the owner 2100$, it looks really clean for a 17,000 Miles.

Oh and about the noises, i heard a few and the guy said exactly as u said, its a race car that is normal.

About the tires im not really sure how to know if they are worn out, but i touched the tires to get a feel if they are really worn out or not but they felt intact and still grip but not as new, cause he didn't change them from purchase. He did not change the Brake drums or pads since purchase, they had no noise when pressed, but on heavy braking just before the car comes to a complete stop there is a slight noise, im not sure if its normal or not.

The guy does not go to a race track, he just drives it casually and sometimes races on the road, but nothin to serious, and he never tuned it, just the lower spoilers are painted silver from all sides.
Pirate_777 is offline   Reply With Quote