SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
moe777

Cool NA spec or GCC spec?

hello friends

New gtr buyer here...lots of internet reviews and research has left me totally confused so i've decided to ask advise from you people who are already respectful gtr owners...i have few issues that i want to clear up..

nissan dealer (arabian auto) has gtr 2009 NA spec and as we all know how the nav software still not available but its not an issue as they are confident that next yr they will have it sorted..i want to know about hows the car performing in uae weather?.

2010 gtr is has an updated software on its launch control eg car will rev upto 3500 rather then 4500 does this makes any difference? as nissan claims its less stress on the axel so the owner can use it more frequently without damaging it (no guarantee yet)....

so friends i seek advice on should i get the gtr thats available now or wait for the gcc spec thats poppin out next yr in march

please help
moe777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
Shinobi-GT-R
Registered Member

There is no big difrerences between the two interms of performance and the newer models have been changed the launch control. As I heard the GCC are less luxury wich is no leather stichings and no Nav. What would adivse buy where it is cheap and has a warranty.

Plus you have new aftermarket are available would help a lot in the performance even on the new launch control. If it break under modification no guarantee. If you pressed it under no modification they should guarantee it.

For me under the weather it handle it just fine but keep away from humidity, it might affect, i had an issue with the Hardrive which they replaced under warranty. It could have been the waether during summer since I bought it.

Some few points to think about.
Shinobi-GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
discodan
Registered 911 Terminator

Moe,

Personally I couldn't find any reason whatsoever to go with the GCC spec for the premium price being asked. The Sat Nav doesn't work in it and as the car can have a digital speedo in the instrument display in km/h, what else does the GCC offer.

As far as cooling is concerned I been driving it around in the summer and absolutely no problems whatsoever. I think the outside temps are causing the oil temp to go a bit higher than normal for the driving and it does take a little longer for it too cool but other than that no problem.

Nissan ME will upload new transmission software regardless at the 1000km service - you don't get a say in this now. That means you'll get the revised launch rpm setting and different clutch points and behaviour to the gearbox.

The GCC by the way is on sale in AD now and they have had stock of them for quite some time.

Good luck and see you on the road.

Hey Mubarak, you're back! We should plan a meeting after Eid????

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
moe777

thanks shinoby and discodan ..i placed my order on the NA spec gtr ,,i changed my mind to go with the gcc spec.not worthed with out the full option... i got the vvip gun metallic gtr should be delivered to me on sunday next week ..thanks for all your help and should see you guys soon inshallah

Last edited by moe777; 08-24-2009 at 04:10 PM..
moe777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
lemaratee
Registered Member

Hello everyone, I called Almasoud dealer last night, they informed me that they don’t have international warranty for the American specification. Is this right ......this is stupid. What I know that every car comes with 1-2 years warranty.