Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Street Brake Package on sale for July...$1799 shipped to the lower 48 USA ($1750 for international) - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Default Street Brake Package on sale for July...$1799 shipped to the lower 48 USA ($1750 for international)

Here you go, great deal on this month. Multiple sets in stock and ready to ship:

http://www.speedforsale.com/nissangt...mriva4agpem006

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
Parts installation articles: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC (Sales@SpeedForSale.com / 770-777-4774)

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.SpeedForSale.com/forum
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
totsubo
Registered Member

Great Price!!!
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
en543pm
Registered Member

Please, anybody looking to buy AMS rotors should be aware that several owners have reported warping problems with them.
en543pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Hello en543pm,

If you will notice, these are part of our STREET brake package. Street means that they do not see extreme temperatures and do not have aggressive brake pads clamping on them. Our track brake package offers AP J-hook and Carbotech XP12 pads, which is our budget track brake system (along with brake lines and Motul fluid.) We also offer race systems such as the Alcon Super Kit, which we have in stock.

So, if you are looking to track your GT-R, the AMS rotors are NOT what we recommend. However, for street and drag race applications, they are lighter weight and much cheaper than the OEM rotors. Remember, OEM rotors also have issues when tracked (cracking, etc.)

So, it's all relative to your goals with the car.

Thanks!

Jeremy Blackwell

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
en543pm
Registered Member

Jeremy,

My post is not aimed at you, believe me.

This is what it boils down to: the AMS rotors were untested on any GTR before being released to the market. At that time the emphasis on STREET usage was non-existent. They were positioned as OEM replacement and priced to compete with rotors such as the AP Slotted.

After a while users started to report problems with them. You could say they were track related but in my own situation they were diagnosed as warped the first week I had them on and before they went anywhere near a track. At that time we (AMS & I) dismissed that diagnosis but now I tend to believe that it was true. Certainly though the warping increased after 1 day at the track. Given that my OEM rotors have had 6 or 7 track days + 20,000 kms on the street and have not warped and only barely cracked to say that the AMS rotors are a viable OEM replacement is tenuous.

In addition, AMS fitted my rotors and knew full well they would be tracked. There was never any warning not to track them.

Now that there are reported problems AMS & vendors are positioning them as STREET & drag only. In my mind that means low-performance. Some might say they are garbage.

The AMS rotors were untested and should not have been released to the market.
en543pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Hello sir,

We have always told clients that either AP or Alcon rotors are the way to go for track use. However, not all clients track their cars, nor do they want to pay $4k for a set of OEM rotors. When combined with non-aggressive brake pads such as the Carbotech 1521, our experiences and client feedback with these rotors for pure street use has been good. I am not saying that you or anyone else didn't experience warping issues, but I am saying that this is not something we have seen or hear of often given the number of sets we have sold.

I appreciate your input, but I'm not sure our for sale thread in our vendor forum is the place to discuss your experience with this or any other product. Please feel free to contact me via PM or start a new thread in the appropriate forum (product reviews) if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you sir!

Jeremy Blackwell

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
Vuk@AMS
NGTRC Sponsor

Hi Gilad,

Thanks for the input and I wish you luck with the sale of your 'tracked' GTR. What is important to note is that the composition was tested and has been used on our existing line of rotors with zero issues when used on the street. They have also proven a great alternative to the OEM versions under 'street use'. We never marketed them as a 'track' rotor.

When you brought the GTR in the factory rotors were shot and so were your pads due to track usage. Yes, you mentioned track usage when you bought them and as a precaution we cryogenically treated the rotors to prevent any damage. Key word is 'prevent' with a heavy car like the GTR as no brake component is bulletproof.

You also upgraded the pads to a more aggressive compund which will transfer more heat to the rotors and accelerate wear. Brakes are a wear and tear item and track usage in this industry equates to 'abuse' with no warranty implied or expressed as far as I understand.

When the GTR was diagnosed by the GTR tech at the dealer he quickly recommended an entire $7000 brake overhaul within one week just by visually looking at them? When we test drove there was zero shimmy in the steering wheel at any speed. During your last outing I explicitly told you that aggresive compounds will accellerate wear in rotors - I think you were using the fourth most aggressive Carbotech compound. The text I received after your additional track outing was requesting a full 'refund' which is unheard of in the trade? This tells me that what you experienced likely was illustrated in the article I submitted for reference by you and the GTR tech:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml

Simply put the GTR will eat rotors especially on the track. Nissan was replacing the brake components after nearly each test session with their promo cars which tells you what was going on.

What you should mention as well is that your GTR underwent several modifications making it much faster than stock This needless to say will put higher demands on the brake components especially in a track setting.

There are several upgrades now available for track oriented GTR owners which are not entire cheap but will last longer. Essentialy the GTR will be pricey to service when tracking as are most vehicles.

On a side note we have just released our AMS INC. 'rotor' friendly Carbon Ceramic Pads for 'street' use which are compatible with OEM and aftermarket rotors. Much cheaper to replace pads than rotors in the long run.

Regards,

Vuk@AMS
www.amsmotorsports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by en543pm View Post
Jeremy,

My post is not aimed at you, believe me.

This is what it boils down to: the AMS rotors were untested on any GTR before being released to the market. At that time the emphasis on STREET usage was non-existent. They were positioned as OEM replacement and priced to compete with rotors such as the AP Slotted.

After a while users started to report problems with them. You could say they were track related but in my own situation they were diagnosed as warped the first week I had them on and before they went anywhere near a track. At that time we (AMS & I) dismissed that diagnosis but now I tend to believe that it was true. Certainly though the warping increased after 1 day at the track. Given that my OEM rotors have had 6 or 7 track days + 20,000 kms on the street and have not warped and only barely cracked to say that the AMS rotors are a viable OEM replacement is tenuous.

In addition, AMS fitted my rotors and knew full well they would be tracked. There was never any warning not to track them.

Now that there are reported problems AMS & vendors are positioning them as STREET & drag only. In my mind that means low-performance. Some might say they are garbage.

The AMS rotors were untested and should not have been released to the market.