Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Big Decision ! - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Rdagher
Registered Member

Question Big Decision !

Hi , first of all i want to say how cool it is to have a GTR forum .. i m a supra TT owner for years and it seems at first view that theirs a lot of info's in their that should make this a great forum to go to when i get my GTR.

So i don't want to sound " cheap" but i m really highly interested of buying a GTR 2011 ( i m in the process and have 1 phone call to make to get them to start the credit application etc.. ) so if everything is great, within 1 month i should have my own black one 2011 ..

But i don't know if its like when you get married , when your on the alley waiting for your future spouse to show up , and then suddenly the urge of just running away and sprinting till you loose your breath gets to you , but i m just trying to make sure i m making a great and the best choice and will never regret it..

I personally own a Supra TT ( originally now single turbo) Targa black on black 6 speed at 500 wheel horse power ( 492 Heat Soaked) and an Audi S4 2002 .. That supra is amazing , i love to take it to willow spring and run on the big track every 2 month .. But it took me 5 years and lots of money and love to get it perfect ( AEM , suspension , fast spooling turbo , just to mention only few..) .. Now it Is perfect. I have driven alot of cars since the Supra ( Carrera gt , 430 Ferrari , Gt3 ) but then i went 2 weeks ago to test drive a 2010 Red GTR , and i was like omg , this is as powerful as my car !! and it Comes Brand new like this ! and its warrantied like this ??!!! so i was really really really impressed in all the aspects of the car , power , handling , breaking and suspension.. the only complain was why don't i have a clutch pedal with a shifter but i guess i would have to break my own rule of never driving an automatic car and get use to that for this car only ..

I just would love to hear , from you guys, who have gotten this GTR and hopefully enjoys it a lot , if you still think that if you had the chance to redo the same buy today , would you still do it ? knowing everything you know based on your experience with it etc..

It might sound "cheap" like i said , but not everyone got the 85K + laying around the house so it is a big purchase for me , never the less, i cannot be more serious about been on the verge of doing it ..

thanks for the answers and sorry if i was boring in my explainaison of my situation , i m french Canadian so English is hard to write !

Best
Rdagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

I never regret getting it, love driving it every day. It feels like an extension of myself, very easy to get emotionally attached. I owned a 94 Mazda RX7 with all the mods, had it for 6 years. I wouldn't have been satisfied with any other car but the GTR. Dude, you should definitely get one if you're thinking about it.
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
novagtr
2010 GTR Premium

No regrets with my purchase of the GTR.
It is everything that I want and need in my sports car.
I have a second car (Mercedes ML Diesel) for a daily driver, so the GTR is for fun driving only.
If you purchase it, you will not be disappointed.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Rdagher,
Your Supra sounds awesome (as well as those other cars you have tasted), but you will NOT regret getting a GT-R.

And don't apologize for your English. Votre Anglais est formidable.

Godzilla est incroyable! Bon chance, et laissez les bon temps roullet!
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
TODGTR
Registered Member

Buy it. No regets. You will want to buy 2. It's that good.
TODGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #6
discodan
Registered 911 Terminator

Absolutely no regrets, and like novagtr said if you can keep it for fun you'll love it every single time you drive it.

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
See23
I wanna go fast!

Love the car!!
I have to look at in my garage before I go to bed.

The only negative is it attracks more young guys then the girls you might be hoping for.

keep in mind you are asking for opinions from a GTR owners site so......
See23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Really? I don't have that problem...all I attract are the young import girls that want rides... They take a lot of pics too. It's amazing how much attention this car attracts.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
See23
I wanna go fast!

I've got the girl already but I don't mind the attention from a few more (I used to think it was my good looks but now I know I'm being upstaged)
The guys hanging out their windows giving me all kinds of strange hand signals and staring at the car can be a little annoying.
Or when your just trying to get in your car and there are people hoovering around taking pictures and asking questions - all ages and gender.
If I charged for rides at an autocross event I could pay for new tires.?
Will it ever wear off?
See23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #10
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Yeah, true I do get those who hover, stare, and ask questions like...is this car fast? Congrats on the girl, it's hard for me to choose just one
Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #11
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

The most intense attention seems to come from 20-something Asian guys in modified Japanese sport compacts. Twice they almost wrecked their own cars while simultaneously driving and gawking/taking photos of mine.

I've also had plenty of attention from the ladies; but they run the gamut:
from one middle aged lady who followed me, honked at me, flagged me down to stop, and then chatted me up all about the car;
to one young lady at a Nissan Z-car/Infinity G-coupe gathering who begged me to let her sit in the driver's seat (of course I said yes);
to one lady at the office parking lot who gushed over how really great the car looked, and then asked: "Is that the new Maxima?";
to another who pulled up along side at a traffic light and complimented the car's good looks and then added: "My girl friend just got an Altima too, but hers is a convertible."

I even had a cop pull up along side at a light and ask: "Is that thing a kit car?".

And I confuse people even more since I removed the Nissan logo from the trunk lid.

It has also gotten me invited to cruise occasionaly with the local Lambo Club and invited others (Ferraris, Astons, Maseratis, High-end Porsches, Vipers, hot Vettes, Ford GTs, etc.); in that case, the general public mostly notices the Lambos and other exotics, but those cars owners nevertheless know and respect the performance of the GT-R (and at a fraction the price of their beauties).

All the attention is great; but its the driving that provides the real value.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
Old 04-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Ohhh not happen to me... I want go to Hawaii/Illinois^^

I just know my friendS's "perfect" tune 600+ SupraS hard to follow my GTR in 2 turns. and easily beat 700hp+ beasts by a light tune 600hp GTR on straight~ may be a HKS 600kit.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
Kickhard
Registered Member

I've owned a high HP supra and can honestly tell you the trans in the GTR is amazing. I dont regret buying it at all. Its way more car out the box than a mild 450-500 hp supra.

2009 Nissan GTR Super Silver
2008 IS-F Star Fire Pearl /Black
2007 Mini Cooper S Laser Blue Sold
2004 E55 AMG Sold
2004 Subie STI Black/Gold wheels Sold
2001 ML55 AMG Sold
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo(Modified 800rwhp) Sold
Kickhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #14
NJNYCGTR
Registered Member

Its a great car. I actually don't get many stares while driving, just the occasional high schooler shouting "Holy C*&% THATS A GTR!" to his friends or a parent tailgaiting me so their child can record me pulling away from them on their iphones, as I don't trust these soccer moms driving.
But for the most part I will say 95% of my driving has been drama free which I like. The only other car I owned with close to the same HP is a 1999 C5 corvette SC'd. I miss the sound of the vette, but the GtR makes up for it quickly.
If only I didnt want to sell it after speaking to Nissan dealerships each time the car would be perfect. I just think the dealerships in my area suck and if you have a reputable dealership in your area there is no reason to not get one.
NJNYCGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #15
HODGTR
Registered Member

Traded a Ferrari 360 for mine and have never regretted it.
It's markedly faster, has up to date conveniences and is less
conspicuous going down the road. It seems the only people that
notice are true car enthusiasts. I use it as a daily driver and enjoy
it every time out.
HODGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:11 AM   #16
Rdagher
Registered Member

Alright i really appreciate Everyone's Answer .. its highly helpful..

Before pulling the trigger, i m having to sell my Supra 95 .. i love it a lot but i think its not a comparison relative to the up to date conveniences and i had a lot of fun with it and will always be proud of owning it..

If anyone knows someone wanting a really solid clean title 1 bar only 480 heat Soaked Supra , it would be a great collection car one day i m certain of it ( that's when ill be regretting selling it eh ) .. pm me.. http://www.nissangtrclub.com/showpos...7&postcount=47 http://www.nissangtrclub.com/showpos...8&postcount=48

thanks again for sharing your thoughts and please do keep them cumming as i m sure i m not the only one that wants to join that exclusive ownership of a Great GTR ..

Last edited by Rdagher; 04-10-2010 at 02:15 AM..
Old 04-17-2010, 04:02 AM   #17
Rdagher
Registered Member

Ok .. So , aproval is accepted.. now its a question of days ...

I passed 2 hours browsing throught the youtube videos, seen Supras and GTR s vids ..

I m i going to ever regret changing from my supra to my GTR ?
I know i will miss the supra , its running perfectly ..

I hope it all worth it.. Anyone else has \ had a supra and got a GTR ?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #18
NJNYCGTR
Registered Member

I haven't had a supra, but I was a corvette (and mustang) owner prior to owning the GTR.

They are not the same car and my corvette was lightly modded with bolt ons (I dont how heavily, if at all, your supra is modded). I do not regret the change from the Corvette to the GTR.

Are there things I miss about the Corvette? Yes, of course. Exhaust was the biggest killer for me going from the Corvette (even the Mustang V8) to the GTR. I really haven't heard an exhaust that I love yet. The Supra exhaust note is similar to the GTR's I believe with aftermarket exhaust, please correct me if I am incorrect. I miss having 3 pedals, eventhough I am just an average driver, as well.

Good luck with your decision.
NJNYCGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #19
Rdagher
Registered Member

ok .. well if everything goes throught.. i m picking mine up this Wednesday at 7 pm !

Now i cant sleep for the next 2 days .. jeez hehe

Bye bye to this bad boy . http://www.nissangtrclub.com/showpos...7&postcount=49

Last edited by Rdagher; 04-20-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Awesome man, good luck and you won't regret it!
Old 04-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #21
Rdagher
Registered Member

GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT !! woohooo!! my brand new 2011 Black GTR.. now time to drive.. pictures will come later on ! thanks for all your honest answers
Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Enjoy!
Previous toys:
Old 04-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
TODGTR
Registered Member

Congrats! Please post pics of the navigation weather map and additional rear cooling ducts if you can. Also, can you play DVD's?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #24
Rdagher
Registered Member

I pluged my USB drive today , i can play videos from it.. DVX stuffs..
One thing that i m noticing , if my drive is FAT 32 , the cars got issues running it.. weard stuffs.
Navigation is cool ! the whole software screen is newer .. but theirs some buggy spots , i need to nairow them all down , but in general right now i m just trying to get my 1000 miles done asap and really enjoy it after ..

pics will come , i got 160 miles on it now.. The suckiest thing is all my mp3 cd wont record on the hardrive, and i cant record from the USB either which is a shame..

The car is real stiff , thats amazing to me.. i use to race go karts 2 stroke stroke engines 6 speed younger and man this is a really similar cool feeling .. In confort mode the suspension is really damn smooth , i m not spilling my coffey in the morning , but its gotta be at smooth thought he..

the Lights of the Thingys for the Sun hiding stuffs above our head , i think thats gay .. i dont know why they put that their , makes it look like a 1950 s to me.. dont like that .eh .

I didnt try DVD s yet , i m trying to watch the road but i will!

The rear cooling conducts, i read they are their, i cant see them ! where should i look ?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
TODGTR
Registered Member

I think the rear cooling ducts are in the carbon fibre body panel under the car. May not be visible without jacking the car. The noticeable changes are slightly darker wheel center caps, double clear coat on the front and rear fascias, rear cooling ducts to improve cooling performance around the rear floor area, auto on/off headlights, speed-sensitive windshield wipers and DVD playback. The navigation system now includes XM NavTraffic and NavWeather. I would love to see the weather radar screen if you have a chance. Very cool upgrades!

Thanks for the update. Enjoy!