Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
What do you guys think will happen to the price of the new GTR's due to how many are not selling?!! - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
futureGTRowner

Exclamation What do you guys think will happen to the price of the new GTR's due to how many are not selling?!!

Guys.. I am finding these 2010 GTR's for 74,440 (premium) in several places. {MSRP is 84,740. I am wondering what is going to happen to ALL of these 2010's on the market today??? There are TONS of them for sell and a crap load of dealers have at least one on the lot! Do you think they will have a factory incentive or will these dealers end up dumping them? I also wonder if the dealers will alocate these vehicles any longer since they have caused a lot of them to have them sit on their lots with NO buyers. I am probably getting mine sometime this week or next, however there is a lot of questions i have regarding the crazy number of units for sale AND the 2011 already being advertised on Nissans website! What are your thoughts guys??
futureGTRowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Nothing will happen, they will stay on the lots unless someone can cough up the dough. That or become showroom cars.
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
novagtr
2010 GTR Premium

I just did an inventory search on cars.com for the number of GTR's available for sale as of the date of this post within 500 miles of my zip code (19010 - located 15 miles outside Philadelphia, PA)

A total of 152 GTR's are available.

A large number, but we are coming out of the WORST WINTER since snow totals have been tracked.

I expect a minimal discount to be available for the GTR. However, nothing significant.

Nissan had better not permit dealers to dramatically lower the price of this car. There is no reason for this move. Spring is here and the cars should sell at or close their MSRP.

The days of dealers getting more than MSRP for the GTR are loooong over.

HOWEVER - if you don't mind driving American muscle and enjoy the service department at your local Chevy dealer (yuck), there are 907 Corvettes available within 500 miles of Philadelphia, PA.

I am sure Chevy will pull their pants down and do whatever you want to get one of these off the dealers lot and into your driveway!

Finally, per my response to your posted comment in the other thread:

To establish the veracity (that means truthfullness if you haven't heard the word before) of your allegation that new, NEVER BEEN TITLED, GTR's are available at several places for $74,440.00, please provide the following in ANY response you may place on this message board:

The dealership name and location along with the name of the sales contact you have spoken to. Since you mention "several", at least three (3) dealerships should be listed in your response

Failure to provide this requested information - for WHATEVER reason - results in the "B.S." flag going WAY UP on your statement.

Last edited by novagtr; 03-18-2010 at 10:31 AM..
novagtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Well said, right now Nissan isn't desperate for business. They'll stay pretty firm with the prices.

Along with my GTR, I own several shares of their stock and it is doing very well! That and Ford for some reason. Toyota not so much, haha.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

The dealer where I got my 2009 in the Chicago suburbs, sold the last one he had this winter, driven away by the new owner while there was ~1 FOOT of snow on the ground! He's expecting his first 2011 this spring. Don't know what he's asking/getting vs MSRP.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
futureGTRowner

Guys, I didnt make this post to hurt anyones feelings about the value of their cars. If you go to Ebay right now you will see that the buy it now price on a lot of cars that are 84,700 sticker price is 77k, but when you call and tell them you are serious.. they often are telling me lower numbers. This one I just searched for... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item4ceec4c4f0

I have been kicking tires for over 3 months and I can tell you that due to the 2011 already advertised and the amount of cars they have for sale at the dealers... these cars are being given major discounts already. Ihave no reason to lie to you... my concern was buying one and watching the resale drop like a rock. Wholesalers are not giving more than low 50k for a 1 year old car. I am in Texas and almost EVERY dealer from Houston, Dallas, Austin, San antonio... they have at least 1 and many have 3 on the lot and the 2011 are already being advertised. I hate to say it but if you paid sticker.. or close to it. You will take a massive hit unless you keep the car for many years.

Here is another i just looked up for 74k: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item414e987f3a

I am telling you... I am the owner of several high end exotic cars and have friends in this business... The Nissan GTR market is very small and they have a lot of cars. I am just wondering what will happen with manufacture incentives to move the old inventory. I can tell you that there is more 2010 cars on the lots than their are buyers in Texas.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
futureGTRowner

One last thing... the last dealership I spoke to in (i think Tenn.) had THREE cars (red, matalic, and red) all for 74k. I was just going to hold off to see if they would go down even more but then started to lose my excitement for one due to all of the unknowns. I am reading everywhere that the resale is a nightmare.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
futureGTRowner

I just noticed that the last link i posted was titled, but believe me or not... you can buy them for 74k... just look on ebay and make some calls.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
futureGTRowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by novagtr View Post
I just did an inventory search on cars.com for the number of GTR's available for sale as of the date of this post within 500 miles of my zip code (19010 - located 15 miles outside Philadelphia, PA)

A total of 152 GTR's are available.

A large number, but we are coming out of the WORST WINTER since snow totals have been tracked.

I expect a minimal discount to be available for the GTR. However, nothing significant.

Nissan had better not permit dealers to dramatically lower the price of this car. There is no reason for this move. Spring is here and the cars should sell at or close their MSRP.

The days of dealers getting more than MSRP for the GTR are loooong over.

HOWEVER - if you don't mind driving American muscle and enjoy the service department at your local Chevy dealer (yuck), there are 907 Corvettes available within 500 miles of Philadelphia, PA.

I am sure Chevy will pull their pants down and do whatever you want to get one of these off the dealers lot and into your driveway!

Finally, per my response to your posted comment in the other thread:

To establish the veracity (that means truthfullness if you haven't heard the word before) of your allegation that new, NEVER BEEN TITLED, GTR's are available at several places for $74,440.00, please provide the following in ANY response you may place on this message board:

The dealership name and location along with the name of the sales contact you have spoken to. Since you mention "several", at least three (3) dealerships should be listed in your response

Failure to provide this requested information - for WHATEVER reason - results in the "B.S." flag going WAY UP on your statement.
Problem with your thinking on the cars being sold is that 2011 are about to go on sale (if they have not yet)
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
futureGTRowner

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...item2559e35191
Old 04-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

You can get anything on ebay for dirt cheap. That price still doesn't include shipping, etc... Keep on dreaming and hoping futureGTRowner, maybe you will get your GTR one day. Don't forget to keep $10k aside for maintenance fees. Good luck, I wish you the best to get the deal you're looking for.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
futureGTRowner

CR8, I dont have to dream or hope... the 74,400 was with delivery (300 miles away) Like I said, i dont have anything to prove.. just some valid questions. I am thinking that in a few months, there will be manufacture incentives that will bring the price down to close to 70k for a brand new one and you will see them at auctions for 55k for a one year old low milage car.

FYI, Ebay is just a place for new dealers to unload inventory so I would not discount buying on Ebay... (although it must be harder in HI)
Old 04-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #13
futureGTRowner

BTW, the 2011 GT-R is available and for sale... The price of the NEW 2010's (still on showroom and never titled) will bottom out. I will keep everyone posted as I learn more and give info to new cars that are rock bottom price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...item3efeba3a26
Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Personally, I don't get all this drama and hypertension over resale value. Who wouldn't want to keep their GT-R for MANY years?!? After you drive it, you can't imagine not having it indefinitely. And whether its $70K, $80K or $90K, its the greatest performance car bargain on the planet. Its the ONLY sub-$100K production car to ever turn a sub-7:30 lap at the N'ring; and I predict that it will likely be the only sub-$100K production car EVER that can claim that achievement. Not to mention that it maintains high performance even in wet, rough, or snow-covered roads as well. In last year's One Lap of America, a GT2 (at THREE TIMES the price !!!) managed, barely, to remain competitive with the GT-R on dry tracks, but was totally smoked by the GT-R on all the damp or wet courses. The GT-R ran away with the overall title.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
Old 04-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #15
Rdagher
Registered Member

Ok so this is somewhat interesting post.. I have a 2011 spoken for at a dealership near me in SoCal . Now the price i would be paying for mine is 85 K .. obviusly the services and everythign that comes from the dealership are included.. The same dealership has a 2010 in the yard thats still over 80 ( 84K) price tag .. My question is , should i try to bargain my 2011 down ? theirs no question for me that i m not going to take the 2010 ( color and some other stuffs) , but i really want that 2011 .. If the answer is yes , what should i ask for ?
Im planning on keeping it for a long time, i m leasing it throught my company ( taxe purposes) and the risidual is about 50 K in 3 years , if the resale values go down after few years based on what some peoples are saying , i m thinking when lease ends, i can offer lower than Risidual and get it cheaper than 80 K on the long run numbers , but at purshase price, again , you guys think i should try lowering it down ? if so by how much ?

thanks
Rdagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #16
dexterkatt
Registered Member

I checked with a couple of internet dealers and their final price was no better than local. The tickler price posted by the internet dealers for $74K or $1.00 is not a real price and is below their reserve. (I checked). A dealer in Ft. Worth and Shreveport all had low post but none of the bids ever reached their reserve. The bidding stopped around $70K w/o a sale. After considering the plane ticket and the inconvenience, I decided to buy local. Paid $79,200 plus local sales tax, etc for a drive out of $84,500. I think I got a great deal, but hell that is only a 2% difference.
dexterkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Agree w/CajunGodzilla $70k $80k $90k, it doesn't matter... if you want it, you're gonna get it
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #18
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8-10_GTR View Post
Agree w/CajunGodzilla $70k $80k $90k, it doesn't matter... if you want it, you're gonna get it
And if you get it, you're gonna LOVE it!
Previous toys:
Old 04-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #19
gashero
Registered Member

Rdagher, take the 2011 you will be one of the lucky 300 plus car that make it here to US.
gashero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #20
Rdagher
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashero View Post
Rdagher, take the 2011 you will be one of the lucky 300 plus car that make it here to US.
Have it for 3 days already
Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #21
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

So what were the final numbers?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
Rdagher
Registered Member

Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #23
Rdagher
Registered Member

+ 8K for an 8 years 120 000 miles fac warranty
Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #24
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Ah, yeah - that extended warranty is awesome.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #25
icebuffalo
Registered Member

Based on economic fundamentals the price is coming down right?

I heard there are so many cars 2012 production is going to be halted... is this true?
icebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote