Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Diff Oil Change - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
280Z
Registered Member

Default Diff Oil Change

Well just got back from Pocono Raceway and after two days of ten twenty minute sessions on the track and 1,600 miles on the car, I am doing a complete fluid change except for brake fluid. I have read that the diff plug does not have a magnet as stated my Dodson and there magnet kit. Well they are wrong unless Nissan did this on there 2009's. There was plenty of build up on the magnet and I would recommend a diff change at each oil change and especially after a track event. I also fished around in the housing with a telescopic magnet and came out with plenty of shavings. Looking forward to seeing what the tranny oil pan and screen looks like as that is next By the way the car performed absolutely fantastic.
Attached Images

280Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
280Z
Registered Member

Well dropped the tranny oil pan and was surprised to see the good condition of the oil and magnets. Some build up on the magnets but nothing to speak of. Cleaned out the tranny filter (screen), magnets and followed the fill instructions. Will definitely change out the front diff oil with each engine oil change but will let the rear diff and tranny go much longer, depending on track time and tranny oil temps.

Last edited by 280Z; 07-08-2010 at 07:13 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
Imolas54

Where is the fill hole for the front diff? I assume the photo above is the drain hole? How many quarts did it take.... sorry for all the questions.....

Thanks
Imolas54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
280Z
Registered Member

The fill is above the drain hole. If my memory is correct it holds approximateley 1&3/4 pints. The low volume is the reason it should be changed with every oil change.