Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
2011 bugs... - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Rdagher
Registered Member

Default 2011 bugs...

so i thought it would be good to start a post about stuffs not working properly in my new GTR .. the Dealership will take care of them 1 by 1 sure , but still good to write them down ay :

- Theirs Spikes of electricity ( thats how it feels at least ) that seems to shortcut when i m on the phone blue tooth ( Iphone 3gs) on the car .. Usually its translating throught sudden "ppops" sounds in the speackers but tonight i was in a phone call and the center Console simply reset itself almost like a " reboot" and the GTR logo apeared again and rebooted..

- On mine , it has been determine that theirs a factor paint defect on the rear fenders ( thats what the dealer is saying at least) as 2 lines visible only in certain lighting shows inside the paint . They are calling a factory guy to come and see it and most likely ill get a new paint factory and something like super black clear coat for the hassle .

- how do i shut up that weather warning girl telling me that theirs high wind in the area .. lol

hopefully not many more will come too tired to think now .. still editing..
Old 05-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Rdagher
Registered Member

- The Phone doesn't show me names . It shows me Hexadecimals values i think of the names.. it Sucks .. Also not been to download my headset ( iphone 3gs again) onto the car is also not cool..It s like waiting on a code to be typed in the phone to "allow transfer " the car says .. but the iphone doesn't ask for any of that code to be put in .. its obviously already registered as a device ( the code was entered their) so its not needing anything else.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
Rdagher
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdagher View Post
- how do i shut up that weather warning girl telling me that theirs high wind in the area .. lol
Fixed ! that was my fault he .
Old 05-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Interesting, never had the "spikes of electricity" or popping sound / reboot problem... I wonder what happened there?
CR8-10_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
novagtr
2010 GTR Premium

Please, keep us posted on the popping sound issue.
So far, nothing like that to report from my '10 GTR.
Hopefully these are the only problems you encounter!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
Rdagher
Registered Member

I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested to know these things but i guess you guys wood.. so ill post follow up..

So far i don't know whats going on with that.. i just hit 1000 miles finally so i m going to bring the car back probably this weekend .. unfortunately and i hope that's just a minor clutch fix issue , theirs a new one :

- in Automated mode , in second gear starting up while pressing the gas, the car is stalling , like not shutting down the engine but my foot is in the floor and in low RPM obviously it looks like its not in gear yet and the rpm stay completely low.. its not a lack of torque in low gear ( i hope not ) but i think a transmission thinking something or lagging or wtv.. i don't know how i m going to explain that 1 to the dealer but i will for sure..

- Rear Right "Tocking noise" : looks like a suspension popping noise.. i don't know if that's normal ether .. When i change elevations , the whole chassis is stiff right , and the car maneuver nicely ( i m talking at low speed) but theirs that sound coming from the rear right wheel side .. after explaining that on the phone to the dealer , he was thinking that it could be the differential doing its normal thing , but i know what hes thinking about ( turning big time the steering at low speed creates that rattling locking diff noise thingy) and its not the same noise.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
Rdagher
Registered Member

Ok ... So it looked like i knoked on the right doors.. The Nissan Factory Rep is taking a flight to the Nissan Dealership that i purshased mine at and will meet with me this Monday at 9:30 Am .. I wrote down a 3 page email of shits to fix and he promised they will all be taken care of .. so lets see ! will keep you guys updated..
Old 05-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

For the lagging issue, I also get that sometimes when I'm doing a rolling stop. Transmission is in second gear and it's trying to downshift to first. There's a little delay there if the car isn't stopped all the way - when you try to step on the gas, it feels like a slight delay before you get acceleration again.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
CajunGodzilla
Registered Member

+1. I have learned to either plan for a bit longer stop, or start-out again while its still in 2nd.
Previous toys:
'81 DeLorean ('81-2005), '66 Sunbeam Tiger ('80-2003), '67 Sunbeam Alpine ('77-'80)
CajunGodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
rogo

+2. I either wait for the "clunk" sound telling me it's in 1st or keep a slight roll going and start out in 2nd.
rogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
Rdagher
Registered Member

OK got the car back today ..

- The Rep find out that their was a fuse ( 10 amp) missing , hes saying that the navigation issues are due to that most likely so he plugged it and sent me away with it .

- the Cell Phone Electric noises throught the speakers, they werent able to reproduce it when the Rep was their , so they basically didnt do anything hoping that its gone away with the new "magic Fuse" , unfortunatly i made 1 phone call and it did it again so i ll have to bring it back to them for that 1 at 1 point .

- The Center Console Rebooting , the Rep said that this must be also due to the missing " magic fuse" , soo far no reboot but i didnt drive it that much after picking it up ..

- The Knoking noise on the suspension rear right , they couldnt reproduce it so eh , they didnt do anything about it .

- The cell phone ( iphone ) not downloading contacts etc is under investigations .. i t sounded like Nissan knew about this as they are getting the same nav and software system in their 2011 infinitys so they are on it to try to fix that.. they said they would contact me with an update at 1 point.

Overral the Service guys at Glendale nissan are fantastic .. the GTR Mecanic is amazing too .. its just that i m unlucky about some software issues on the 2011 that experiencing..

Last edited by Rdagher; 05-19-2010 at 01:58 AM..
Rdagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #12
CR8-10_GTR
Registered Member

Thanks for the follow up, hopefully the all get resolved