Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
GT-R in Canada (MSRP in Canadian) - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
simonfrigon

Default GT-R in Canada (MSRP in Canadian)

Please post information on the GT-R debut for Canada. Also would be interesting to know what people are paying for the GT-R in Canada. I have put a 10K deposit for a grey metallic but I do not have any guarantee of delivery.
simonfrigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

Sorry, I have no idea if Nissan is planning to release GT-R in Canada yet. So far Nissan only announced release date for the US, and Europe. I don't think you will find any problem import one to Canada from the US though.
ATLsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
trompazo

It's definately coming. Although they havent' announced MSRP. I'm fourth on the list at one dealership. They think they will be alotted 5 this year and expect them in June.

Whether or not we can import one from the US will depend on the RIV. It's probably going to be unlikely, not that even though the bumpers are going to be the same, all Nissan has to say is that the canadian spec ignition immobilizer isn't the same as the US's and it won't come. Thats why we can no longer import many 2008+ models as of Sept 1st/07. It's all BS to protect canadian dealers sales.
trompazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
simonfrigon

Just got news from biggest dealer in Ottawa that price will be approx 95K plus taxes
simonfrigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
1BADTTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonfrigon View Post
95K plus taxes
OUCH!

1994 Supra Twin Turbo - 6 Speed
1991 300ZX Twin Turbo - 750HP
1BADTTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #6
HAYABUSA
Registered Member

Question Canadian Msrp

I just found out that in ontario the MSRP will be around $82,000 or so. Officially MSRP will be released in a couple of weeks or less in Canada.
HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #7
Ziggggy

Default GTR coming to Calgary?

Does anyone have any delivery dates or costs of cars ordered here in Calgary?

Cheers,
Dave
Ziggggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
plasma69
Registered Member

Hi dave,

as per Peter (sales manager) at Brasso Nissan Calgary, he says Nissan's MSRP will be $81,900 and they apparently are going to sell it for MSRP as he said Nissan Canada won't allow over MSRP sales.. (ya... right... and im an asian leprechan with lucky charms and gold around my face... )
plasma69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
autophile1

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma69 View Post
Hi dave,

as per Peter (sales manager) at Brasso Nissan Calgary, he says Nissan's MSRP will be $81,900 and they apparently are going to sell it for MSRP as he said Nissan Canada won't allow over MSRP sales.. (ya... right... and im an asian leprechan with lucky charms and gold around my face... )
I am also on the list at Brasso and spoke to Ernie Long, the other sales manager and he also said it will be sold at MSRP. He said he was 90% sure they would be selling a prepaid service package for $3-$5k though. I am not sure what they are planning. I am also on the list at Fish Creek and they have also confirmed that they will be selling at MSRP. Stadium might be having a private auction night (lame) and Sunridge has no clue what they are doing in terms of pricing...

Brasso has a general list running and Fishcreek is the only one that required a refundable deposit from me so far.

I am not sure how accurate these statements are, this is just what I have been told. Hope that helps!

I would be very interested to hear how the Vancouver and area dealers are treating this...

Bryan
autophile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
TangoWhisky
Registered Member

I am getting the first one at Recency Nissan in North Vancouver. My GM John Rundle has been very good thus far. I am buying at MSRP and it still sounds like the car will arrive in July. So far so good!
TangoWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
doors

Default From the Nissan Canada website

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonfrigon View Post
Please post information on the GT-R debut for Canada. Also would be interesting to know what people are paying for the GT-R in Canada. I have put a 10K deposit for a grey metallic but I do not have any guarantee of delivery.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2009 GT-R, which will go on sale in July 2008 at certified GT-R dealers in Canada. One model will be offered in Canada in six colours. The MSRP will be $81,900. The (5) certified GT-R retailers in Canada for the Toronto area are:

401-Dixie Nissan
Alta Nissan
Avenue Nissan
Brampton North Nissan
Oakville Nissan
doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
elias

I l'm picking mine this summer for 81,900 canadian dollars. In Montreal.
elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #13
plasma69
Registered Member

do you guys foresee a waiting time of 4 years + ??? im like 88 in line at brasso. hahaha... i mean sure i can wait 4 years... more aftermarket toyz for it at a better price... but still. hahaha
Old 06-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #14
trompazo

Waiting lists always decrease rapidly once it comes out.

When the Suby STI was coming out the dealers in Edmonton had long lists, and by the second year there were unsold ones on the lot.
trompazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #15
plasma69
Registered Member

true that. just like the RX8.... haha. i wanted it sooo badly then.... ewwwww.... gross torq, gross price and gross fuel consumption.. haha...
Old 07-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #16
primus
Registered Member

Default Arrived yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoWhisky View Post
I am getting the first one at Recency Nissan in North Vancouver. My GM John Rundle has been very good thus far. I am buying at MSRP and it still sounds like the car will arrive in July. So far so good!

Has yours arrived yet in Vancouver?

ETA??
primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #17
TangoWhisky
Registered Member

my Tech started training today, I hope to get it next week.
TangoWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #18
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

I have recently ordered the GT-R from 401 Dixie Nissan here in Mississauga. I am due to get it in 2010. The dealer told me that the 2010 model here in Canada would be priced more than $ 81,900.

has anyone else heard this form another dealer?

i would really appreciate a response.

Thanks

Last edited by amit2009GTR; 07-17-2008 at 02:48 PM..
amit2009GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #19
HAYABUSA
Registered Member

Cool Nissan At Dixie And 401

What number are you on the waiting list? I am #11 since Feb. 19th, 08 and it is very hard time to get a hold of Greg (Sales Manager) on the phone. Last time i spoke with him, Greg showed me a letter from Nissan Canada. It stated that Dixie will be getting 7 to 9 GTR's for this year production (depending on 350z sales). I should get my GT-R early 2009 as a 2010 production car. I also never got a deposit ($5000) confirmation on paper from him. Did you or anyone get a deposit confirmation from Dixie? This could be important later. Recently I send Greg an E-mail regarding their first GT-R arrival date, since USA already began deliveries. He phoned me, but did not leave a message. Please share any info you may have on Dixie Nissan. THANX!
HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #20
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

Hey i am due to get the car in early 2010 and i did receive a recepit for the 5000 downpayment. BTW did he tell u that 401 dixie will be installing a gps tracking system on ur car and that u wil have to pay for it?? he said the gps tracking system will be $3500 he also said that its necessary to buy a extended service plan with the car..??

I personally think he is trying to rip me off , so i might even go to oakville nissan and put an order there rather than be with 401 dixie, i personally dont believe him , so i a getting my money back tomorrow, let me know what u think!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #21
GTRForLife
Registered Member

I dunno about Dixie, but I was under the impression that in Canada, dealers were generally pretty good about sticking to MSRP. I called 6 dealerships (all in ontario, 1 in BC) and there were no markups.

When I gave my 5K, I got a photocopy of my cheque. As far as I know, the first Canadian GTR should be delivered to their customer some time this month.

I have personally not heard of the GPS thing. It says nothing about it in the manual. I would ask to see this in writing if he insists on it.

Oakville Nissan has 50+ people on their list, I'm not sure if going there will really get you your car faster. They do have a good allocation of GTRs though, as they are a top seller of Zs. The way Nissan allocates GTRS is based on a weighted score of Zs sold (25%) and all other Nissan vehicles sold (75%). The Nissan in brampton as far as I know, has the fewest people on their list, like about 20 last time I checked.

Now I have some questions of my own:
So both models in the states can get the all season tires as a factory option. But on the canadian GTR website, it says we have no options as far as all season tires. Does anyone know anything about this? I mean, we are a country that sees quite a bit of snow, so it seems ludicrous that we of all people are not offered all seasons as a factory option.

My dealer also told me that leasing wasn't an option; can only finance. However, leasing is an option in the states. I phoned Nissan Canada and they had no clue and told me to call my dealer, but like, it is Nissan that ultimately decides if a lease program is available. Anyone know much about this?

D&H is 1000 in the US. How much is the delivery charger here?

Anyone gotten any insurance quotes yet? Last time I checked, it was about 2k/year.
GTRForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:48 AM   #22
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

401 dixie guy said he will be installing gps tracking system , its not from nissan itself.

and yes we only get the summer tires, and its is quite stupid of nissan to do that to canadians, a Canadian spec GTR isint a Canadian Spec until it has the all season tires on it.

brampton has a leasing rate up on there website, but that dealership is horrible in service.

i am sure there will be a leasing option availabe to canadian's or atleast i hope so.

Delivery chargers as i know it from the brampton north nisan website are 1400

btw which insurance company did u get the quote from?
Old 07-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #23
GTRForLife
Registered Member

If it's not factory from nissan, I'd question it. Again, I've never heard of this, nor read it in the manual. Wouldn't hurt to phone the services dept of other dealerships and ask the master GTR technician directly.

Seriously, no summer tires???? That is such a retarded move. I thought this was "anywhere, anytime". In canada, that totally applies to snow!!

Okay, are all season Dunlop tires even an option then...like, buy them separately and get it installed at the dealer. Do you know how much this would cost???

I went to the Brampton site. I can't find the lease rate, or in fact, any info about the GTR. Can you send me an URL, in case I'm like blind or something? lol

I get my insurance from Meloche Monnex, but you have to be alumni of certain groups, or part of certain professional associations to join. But I don't imagine rates from other places would be insanely higher.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #24
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

http://www.bramptonnorthnissan.ca/research/index.htm

go to the above link and click on the gtr and then on the new page clic calculate this.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 AM   #25
GTRForLife
Registered Member

K I found the GTR page actually, but I think that's a finance rate, not lease. I still can't believe it, no all season tire options - how is this an all season car then?? The manual says we lose performance when it's below -4C, and the tires may deform if used below -20C. Like, we can definitely have some of those temperatures here, and I don't wanna ruin the wheels. Maybe waiting for a couple of years isn't a bad idea, as Nissan may decide we need winter options here.