SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #26
GTRForLife
Registered Member

I just don't get it. Canadian and US GTRs are all built to the same specs - all are considered "north america". Would it kill them to send us the same cars as they do the states???

In the manual, it suggests that because of our colder weather, we also need a different mix of coolant for the engine. Is this going to cost extra as well???

Oh btw, I dunno if anyone else has this issue, but there's a big ramp where I park. Does anyone know the clearance measurements for the GTR? I know approach angle is 11, and ground clearance is 110mm, but what about like ramp over angle, front overhang length...etc?
GTRForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:14 AM   #27
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

where u put down ur deposit?
amit2009GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #28
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

i put my deposit down right now, cuz even oakville nissan said that the 2010 production model of gtr will more expensive that 2009. so i had to make a quick decision.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #29
GTRForLife
Registered Member

I put my deposit down at Oakville, in June. It's hard to say, maybe that was just a sales tactic. Besides, the price isn't determined based on when you put money down, but based on what model year gets delivered. On my order form, everything is "to be decided". So there are no definites here, by any means.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #30
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

Yeah same here. love the car though, hopefully i wont use up the tires and brakes very soon.

$ 6000 for brakes

I am just wondering, what is going to happen to the car in the winter with the summer tires and all. I live in milton and i know its get way below -20 down here!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 AM   #31
GTRForLife
Registered Member

Well that's what I mean man, read my last few posts. We totally need all season tires if we're to use the GTR as a daily driver. The manual says that you loose significant performance under -4C, and the tires may be damaged/deformed below -20C. I mean, I love this car, but I'm not stupid, and I will reconsider my purchase if it becomes unreasonable. May not be a bad idea to get a G37x coupe which does have all seasons as an option, and wait for a future GTR model, or a G37x twin turbo. The only problem is, the GTR has a 5-6 year limited production and there's no certainty another generation would be made. And as far as I know, the twin turbo G37x (baby GTR basically) is on hold at the moment. The G37x will be here this October in showrooms, and the G37 convertible will arrive Feb 2009.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:47 AM   #32
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

I initially wanted to buy the g37 as well, it just doesnt have the dual clutch system on it , nor the all wheel drive for now. I have drive the g37 sports model, with paddle shifters, and itsa nice car and way way more practical than gtr. But i couldnt resist, the 480 HP and dual clutch system on the gtr. I really hope they come out with the dual clutch , twin turbo g37x and i would be the first person in line for it.

For now i really hope , my gtr purchase goes well and i get the car.

ps. i got this documentform 401 dixie , telling me about all the noises the car makes whe its idle and information regrding the tire noise.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #33
GTRForLife
Registered Member

Well, the G37 AWD coupe is for sure coming in this fall, the order sheets are around, and I have independent confirmation from dealers. The TT version is on hold, but will probably be made eventually. I mean, the GTR isn't a big money maker for Nissan, and if they want to recover some of the R&D costs, it only makes sense for some of that technology to filter to the Infiniti side. As well, Infiniti wasn't happy that the GTR wasn't under their name to begin with, and they do need a halo car of their own to compete with BMW. We'll see....

The GTR is a marvelous piece of engineering, but in a way, because it's designed for such high performance, it's very picky and high maintenance. It's like dating a model...sure she looks good, but man, expensive to maintain hahah. Changes shoes more often then the GTR needs new brakes.

As for the noises, download the GTR owner's manual from the net. It tells you which noises (and there are many) are normal. It's sort of scary, because then you wonder how you can ever tell what's an abnormal sound from the GTR. I dunno, I put money down cuz I didn't wanna miss out on the GTR, but certain issues have come up over the last little while. For ease of maintenance, in the end, I could very well change my mind. Again, we'll see.....
Old 07-18-2008, 02:26 AM   #34
HAYABUSA
Registered Member

Cool Delivery Of Gt-r At Dixie

HEY GUYS,

YOU HAVE SHARED SOME GOOD INFO, HOWEVER YOU ARE GETTING A LITTLE BIT OFF TOPIC. LETS ALL GET OUR CARS FIRST AND WORRY ABOUT THE DETAILS LATER. I AM BY NO MEANS TRYING TO BUTT INTO YOUR CONVERSATION, BUT I THINK THAT WE MAY BE GEETING PLAYED / MISS-INFORMED ABOU THE DELIVERY PROCESS. WHAT NUMBERS ARE YOU ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST WILL DETERMINE YOUR APPROX. DELIVERY DATE. EVEN FROM THE TIME YOU PICK YOUR OPTIONS AND DEPOST ANIOTHER $5000 (ALL TOGETHER $10000 NON-REFUNDABLE AT THIS POINT), YOU STILL MAY HAVE TO WAIT UP TO THREE MONTHS FOR THE ACTUAL DELIVERY OF THE CAR. ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR VIN.#, IT STILL MAY BE WEEKS. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. SORRY FOR THE BIG PRINT, IT'S EASIER TO SEE. I'M NOT SCREAMING!
HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #35
GTRForLife
Registered Member

"GET OUR CARS FIRST AND WORRY ABOUT THE DETAILS LATER"

But the problem is, we're sharing info that may determine if we get the car at all. If there are no winter options for example, then it's no deal. And as far as I know, our deposit is refundable....again, not sure what's going on in the US. It seems that your dealers are pretty money hungry. I haven't seen anyone in canada pay a cent over MSRP. And certainly, you never hear of dealers "cancelling" your order out of nowhere.

Not sure about the rest, i.e. delivery date in relation to VIN, options...etc.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #36
andre_c62

In the brochure they say mix of coolant is 50-50 for cold weather but summer tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRForLife View Post
I just don't get it. Canadian and US GTRs are all built to the same specs - all are considered "north america". Would it kill them to send us the same cars as they do the states???

In the manual, it suggests that because of our colder weather, we also need a different mix of coolant for the engine. Is this going to cost extra as well???

Oh btw, I dunno if anyone else has this issue, but there's a big ramp where I park. Does anyone know the clearance measurements for the GTR? I know approach angle is 11, and ground clearance is 110mm, but what about like ramp over angle, front overhang length...etc?
andre_c62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #37
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

hey hayabusa its true thats, what greg at 401 dixie told me to. That i need to put another 5000 once i get the vin number and then its not refundable. I seriously want a 2009 model, because i am not ready to pay 100000 or more for a 2010 gtr model. that what the dealer has been telling me, even oakville nissan said the same that the 2010 production model will be more than 100000. if i have to spend that kind of money i rather be in a italian car.

ps. did greg tel u that he will be installing a gps tracking system on ur car and that the cost of that gps tracking system will transffered to you ?? and did he tell u that u need to buy a mandatory service plan??

Please respond back soon, my decision ot get my money back from 401 dixie depends upon it. ..lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAYABUSA View Post
HEY GUYS,

YOU HAVE SHARED SOME GOOD INFO, HOWEVER YOU ARE GETTING A LITTLE BIT OFF TOPIC. LETS ALL GET OUR CARS FIRST AND WORRY ABOUT THE DETAILS LATER. I AM BY NO MEANS TRYING TO BUTT INTO YOUR CONVERSATION, BUT I THINK THAT WE MAY BE GEETING PLAYED / MISS-INFORMED ABOU THE DELIVERY PROCESS. WHAT NUMBERS ARE YOU ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST WILL DETERMINE YOUR APPROX. DELIVERY DATE. EVEN FROM THE TIME YOU PICK YOUR OPTIONS AND DEPOST ANIOTHER $5000 (ALL TOGETHER $10000 NON-REFUNDABLE AT THIS POINT), YOU STILL MAY HAVE TO WAIT UP TO THREE MONTHS FOR THE ACTUAL DELIVERY OF THE CAR. ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR VIN.#, IT STILL MAY BE WEEKS. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. SORRY FOR THE BIG PRINT, IT'S EASIER TO SEE. I'M NOT SCREAMING!

Last edited by amit2009GTR; 07-18-2008 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #38
HAYABUSA
Registered Member

Cool Nissan At Dixie And 401/some Tech. Info.

Jes, once you put the second $5000 down the whole $10000 is no longer refundable. It is their way of making sure that you do not back out of the deal one you have picked your options. I'm not sure why this is, since the car is so popular untill now. It may be because once the "HIPE" dies down, they do not want to be sitting on several GT-R's that no one will buy late fall or winter. Eg. some may not like the color etc.

2010 GT-R V-SPec will be over $100,000 not the regualr one. The regular 2010 should be around $83,000 to $85,000. This is just my prediction so if you know otherwise, please share your info. They just want to make sure that all 2009's are sold first and to keep the "HIPE" up. As for GREG, i was unable to speak with him recently. He called me, but left no message.

The cost of the GPS system can not be forced upon you unless you are leasing the car, but they will still try. This is just a way of them making extra money, since their profit on this car is pretty low. The mandatory service plan may be a good idea for the servicing of the car, but again should not be forced upon you. I do my own work on my cars and generally do not trust to many technicians with my 100,000 g's. They may be trained, but it takes a lot of experience to become good at a car of this caliber.

Coolant is easy to do youself. All you do for winter driving is drain some from the system and add pure green coolant. There is a tool you can buy to check how strong your mix is for winter driving depending where you live. (Anywhere from -30 to -40 deg. celcius is usually ok, unless you live in the Arctic North) For Summer driving it is a good idea to add watter wetter to your cooling system eg. Royal Purple or Redline.

Winter tires 19" cost about $1500 to $2000 for all four and you should be ok with 19 inch rims. (Use a tire calculator before buying tires. It is critical to have the exact diameter on this highly computerized car)

The rotors on the car are usually good for two sets of pads, unless you wait to long to change them, (METEL TO METAL!) race or warp them. The pads are cheap. Please keep sharing your info on this site for all, especially CANADIANS. Thanx!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #39
amit2009GTR
Registered Member

Thanks alot for your response. Greg was trying push all the gps and maintenance stuff on me . So i am getting my deposit back on monday. As far as gettgin a GT-R is concerned i have put my new order with oakville nissan. They are very professional and take great care of there customers. I would recommend oakville Nissan for a GT-R or any other nissan any day!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:52 PM   #40
Kickhard
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit2009GTR View Post
I have recently ordered the GT-R from 401 Dixie Nissan here in Mississauga. I am due to get it in 2010. The dealer told me that the 2010 model here in Canada would be priced more than $ 81,900.

has anyone else heard this form another dealer?

i would really appreciate a response.

Thanks
There is no doubt a price increase will happen. Expect 1000-1500 easy for a 2010. I read somewhere Nissan was raising the price next model year for sure

2009 Nissan GTR Super Silver
2008 IS-F Star Fire Pearl /Black
2007 Mini Cooper S Laser Blue Sold
2004 E55 AMG Sold
2004 Subie STI Black/Gold wheels Sold
2001 ML55 AMG Sold
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo(Modified 800rwhp) Sold
Kickhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #41
Koukir32
VQ inside

Guys, the reason the Canadian spec GTR didn't get an option for the All-season tires packages, is not without reasons, think about this, how well will those Ultra High performance All season works in snow and ice? I'm sure as hell can tell u not as good as an actual Snow tires, so why compromise both summer performance and winter traction? Instead, we get two sets of tires as do most Canadian must do with your other vehicle instead?? make sense right?
Koukir32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 AM   #42
Koukir32
VQ inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickhard View Post
There is no doubt a price increase will happen. Expect 1000-1500 easy for a 2010. I read somewhere Nissan was raising the price next model year for sure
Seriously, I'd much rather pay 1K~1.5K more for an 2010 model year than paying something like 10~30k over MSRP for an 09. Not to mention, as usual first year production might have some flaws in QC department, as I've experienced that myself with my 03 350Z. So actually waiting for a year or so, don't really bothers me that much.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #43
GTRForLife
Registered Member

Actually, I have all season tires right now, never had a problem either in summer or winter. But I know what you're saying - with a car like the GTR, the compromise may be more noticeable. However, that's why the all season tires are an _option_!! It means you have the option of getting them, but you don't have to, and you can get winter + summer tires. It's a matter of being at least offered the choice!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #44
enigma4321

Im in Montreal, I ended up ordering mine from the US.
enigma4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #45
HAYABUSA
Registered Member

Cool Gtr From Usa

HOW MUCH WAS YOUR GTR? HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO BRING ONE DOWN AND HOW MUCH? PLEASE SHARE YOUR INFO. WHICH DEALERSHIP DID YOU GET IT FROM? ETC.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:51 AM   #46
Koukir32
VQ inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma4321 View Post
Actually, I am wondering would Nissan Canada still offers full factory warranty on US imported car? cause I believe Honda won't honor factory warranty if u import US car into Canada.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 AM   #47
Koukir32
VQ inside

Default warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma4321 View Post
Actually, I am wondering would Nissan Canada still offers full factory warranty on US imported car? cause I believe Honda won't honor factory warranty if u import US car into Canada.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #48
GTRForLife
Registered Member

No they won't, I asked. I thought about importing one from the US, since MSRP is like $12000 less over there for a base model. However, with all the markups, GTRs in canada actually end up costing less.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:13 AM   #49
GTRForLife
Registered Member

Share? There's nothing to share except to say don't import one (if you want warranty). This is a car where they don't even want you changing the carpet in the trunk!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:20 AM   #50
HAYABUSA
Registered Member

Cool Gtr From Usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRForLife View Post
No they won't, I asked. I thought about importing one from the US, since MSRP is like $12000 less over there for a base model. However, with all the markups, GTRs in canada actually end up costing less.
THE MARKUPS IN USA ARE ONLY TEMPORARY. THEY WONT LAST FOREVER WITH A VOLUME OF AT LEAST 2500 GTR'S COMING INTO THE COUNTRY IN FIRST YEAR ALONE. BY NEXT YEAR THERE WILL BE MANY SITTING AT DEALER LOTS IN THE USA. JUST SAY NO TO MARKUPS AND WAIT.