Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
What is better to use? - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
HSG
Registered Member

Arrow What is better to use?

Hello all,

i read about SWITZER performance , and i have quastions;
1- what the Bust SWITZER or HKS GT570?
2- can i use this upgrade for my daly care ? will not make prablems later on ?

thanks,
HSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
mindlessoath
Registered Member

you might want to wait a bit on the switzer kit until they are finished with it. its been shown to show boost cuts on the track and apparently it has less hp than advertised (just at the current point until the boost cuts are fixed). I like switzer and there kit is good, but its just not getting good media right now because of the problems showing up.

there are other turbo kits from SSP, MVP, and AMS. Greddy has one in development.

in any regards they will have way more power due to the upgraded turbo charger, and that means with additional parts they can raise hp levels to around 800hp.

GT570 kit is just that, 570 crank horse power. more with supporting mods and higher octain.

you can use either of these mods for daily drivers, however it depends on the exhaust, cause the HKS GT570 is freaking loud with the legamax, but sounds good to me. upgraded turbos sound like stock and ride like stock. add increased octain for the performance!

im told that these turbo kits use cobb accessport and that most of them also have boost cuts depending on many factors. however im also told haltech will limit these boost cuts. i think the haltech ecu piggyback is just under 4k, but its probably worth it. it will release july or augest, i forget exactly.

in any case you will want to get a trans cooler and upgraded clutchs. if your going to do launch control or drag racing a first gear replacement would be neccessary.

suspension might be a good decission with all that power. KW and tein make a comfortable coilover that increases performance slightly. JRZ coilovers will increase performance, offer 24 hour support and on comfort settings be very gentel.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
HSG
Registered Member

thanks, you know i have limited budget for the Adding or the Upgrading, what i need is less than 3 secuds. from 0-60.
alos with the follwoing kits :
1- Meistreschafd Exhust. >> i like the sound.
2- HKS GT 570 Full Kits.

i have USA Spec. GT-R, and am leaving in Saudia, u know the wither is to hot especialy sammer season, there is any things can keep the gage of the Eng. heater less than 90?

thanks,
Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
discodan
Registered 911 Terminator

To get sub 3 seconds 0-62mph you're looking at needing around about 700bhp at the engine - reference for this is the Hennessey Performance company's results for their GTR700 package. Not too sure of the pricing for this but I'd recommend contacting them. The mod's you've mentioned will not get you there, also given this power you require you'll have to look at additional upgrades to components such as 1st gear set etc etc.

For the cooling, Nissan ME trusts the car here in GCC spec and there is no mechanical difference in the cooling systems, their only change the coolant ratio's. There are a number of modified cars getting around here in the UAE and no one is reporting - as far as I know - of over heating problems.

Ultimately if you are concerned, a larger intercooler and opening the air access to such will aid in reducing the inlet temperatures which can lead to hotter engine temps.

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
discodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
HSG
Registered Member

so you recommended Hennessey Performance better than HKS GT570 !!bout the pis there is only 17, is sees litil low?

as you know if you modify the car ( upgrade by HKS or others) the warranty will be cancells.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
discodan

No its not that I recommend Hennessey at all, although I have heard excellent reports on their products, the HKS are equally of great quality too. However I have personally noted that in order to achieve a sub 3 second 0-60mph time you'll need 700bhp (engine) power output. I learned this from the Hennessey Performance GTR 700 figures thus why I mentioned Hennessey.

Sold MB SLK55, previous life... R32 Skyline GTR with T78 single turbo conversion, OS Giken head and 720bhp.

Oh no, what have I done.... will I not learn... R35 now with Exhaust and intake!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
lemaratee
Registered Member

Smile HKS

Dear ,

I dont think you will get 3. Sec, I think you will need 650-700 HP to have 3.0 sec 0-60 with lunch control. you will need to upgrade your turbo, intercoller, down pipe, mide pipe plus 90mm exaust system such as Titek catback.
lemaratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:57 AM   #8
discodan

Yep second all of that. The potential for 700+ is easily there, in fact people are talking about the new Trust kit giving near 1000hp... but to run the sub 60 it's a minimum of 700hp required and to do all of that you'll need all the parts that Lemaratee has suggested plus you'll need a ECU (Cobb AccessPort/Haltech/Mines). Further you'll need to possibly invest in upgrades for the transmission (1st gear set and oil cooler upgrade). Good luck with the mods!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
lemaratee
Registered Member

Default Cute Diplomat GT-R

I have ECU Tuning and Miestershaft Mid pipe on My GT-r. I have 474 WHP and 550 HP on the engine. I am planning to have Titek CatBack 90 MM. I think I will reach the 500 HP on the wheel and 570-600 on the engine. Going back to 700 HP, you might have some problem with your GT-R. First of all you will have your check engine light on because the turbo down pipe how ever you can switch off by Cobb ECU remaping tunning. 700 HP is not practical due to the hot weather in UAE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discodan View Post
Yep second all of that. The potential for 700+ is easily there, in fact people are talking about the new Trust kit giving near 1000hp... but to run the sub 60 it's a minimum of 700hp required and to do all of that you'll need all the parts that Lemaratee has suggested plus you'll need a ECU (Cobb AccessPort/Haltech/Mines). Further you'll need to possibly invest in upgrades for the transmission (1st gear set and oil cooler upgrade). Good luck with the mods!
Attached Thumbnails (CLICK TO ENLARGE!)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ahmed-p-7.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	2362  

Old 07-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #10
lemaratee
Registered Member

Default Cute Diplomat GT-R

Dear All,
I have Misterschaft Midsection Pipe and I am planing to have New Exhaust Catback, I am wondering which is better Titek Catback Exaust system or TR1, have any one used one of them . what is your rating in bothe system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemaratee View Post
I have ECU Tuning and Miestershaft Mid pipe on My GT-r. I have 474 WHP and 550 HP on the engine. I am planning to have Titek CatBack 90 MM. I think I will reach the 500 HP on the wheel and 570-600 on the engine. Going back to 700 HP, you might have some problem with your GT-R. First of all you will have your check engine light on because the turbo down pipe how ever you can switch off by Cobb ECU remaping tunning. 700 HP is not practical due to the hot weather in UAE.
Attached Thumbnails (CLICK TO ENLARGE!)

Name:	TITEK%20TI%20EXHAUST%20R35%20(4).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	2372  

Name:	02012008103.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	600.6 KB
ID:	2373  

Attached Images

Old 07-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
mindlessoath
Registered Member

this is the dragtimes
http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan--GT-R-Drag-Racing.html

you can see the top two turbo setups are far better than hennessey. hennessey doesnt care about the transmission, you would need new clutchs, cooler and first gear to run that. with the two kits offered on dragtimes you only need clutchs and cooler. first gear might go with time but with the cooler it will prolong. the clutchs are needed so they dont slip.

hennessey are working on a bigger turbo with headers etc, but my opinion is they are only in for getting peoples money and realing people in with advertising showing big numbers without anything more like testing.

the two turbo setups on dragtimes are very simular, one is from SSP the other from ARD/MVP.

again the hennessy comments are just my opinion and nothing more.

an aftermarket turbo is going to be much better thank a gt570kit. higher gains. gt570 is still a great price/performance kit.

dont forget to save up for a haltech ECU and a tune. Cobb is the best price performance but haltech is the most performance.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #12
j.colfax

Quote:
you might want to wait a bit on the switzer kit until they are finished with it. its been shown to show boost cuts on the track and apparently it has less hp than advertised (just at the current point until the boost cuts are fixed). I like switzer and there kit is good, but its just not getting good media right now because of the problems showing up.

there are other turbo kits from SSP, MVP, and AMS. Greddy has one in development.

in any regards they will have way more power due to the upgraded turbo charger, and that means with additional parts they can raise hp levels to around 800hp.
hello there.. do you have any more details or perhaps new updates on Turbo Chargers for an enhanced and more powerful performance? Thank you so much in advance.
j.colfax is offline   Reply With Quote