Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Transmission Malfunction - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
MECMAR
MECMAR

Exclamation Transmission Malfunction

hi guys ,
A friend of mine has a BIG problem with his GT-R . Has only 250 miles on it , run's only in first , third and fifth gear , and transmission light is flashing on the dashboard . The errors and codes are : ECU DTC's - P0797 , TRANS - P0797 , and E-SUS - C1d17 . Can anyone help me interpret this codes !?Thank's
MECMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
mercury1039
Registered Member

has he launched it at all?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
MECMAR
MECMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury1039 View Post
has he launched it at all?
NO , he did not
Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
mindlessoath
Registered Member

Some one in india took his to a dual clutch garage and cleaned it out then it worked after that. You can get a cobb acessport to read the codes but this is a dealer issue.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Hey Vali, you know I am here to help!

P0797: Axis A feed pressure solenoid valve function.

This solenoid valve builds up the source pressure for the gear operation actuators for even number gears and for the clutch A solenoid valve based on the signals from TCM. The solenoid valves adjust the source pressure to drive the gears and clutches.

This DTC is caused one of the two following errors:
1. A DTC is set if the clutch A pressure sensor value is less than 0.4 MPa (4.08 kg/cm2, 58 psi) when the axis A feed pressure target value is 0.4 MPa (4.08 kg/cm2, 58 psi) or more.

2. A DTC is set if the clutch A pressure sensor value is more than 0.2 MPa (2.04 kg/cm2, 29 psi) when the axis A feed pressure target value is 0.1 MPa (1.02 kg/cm2, 14.5 psi) or less.

The problem is caused by:

-Axis A feed pressure solenoid valve

-Clutch A solenoid valve

-Clutch A pressure sensor

-Clutch A oil passage

-Harness or connector
(Open or short in the axis A feed pressure solenoid valve circuit)
(Open or short in the clutch A solenoid valve circuit)
(Open or short in the clutch A pressure sensor circuit)

To trouble shoot the problem, do the following:
1.CHECK AXIS A FEED PRESSURE SOLENOID VALVE CIRCUIT

2.CHECK CLUTCH A SOLENOID VALVE CIRCUIT

3.CHECK CLUTCH A PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT

4.CHECK GROUND CONNECTION
Turn ignition switch OFF.
Check ground connections B31 and ground cable connections.

5.CHECK INTERMITTENT INCIDENT

Best of luck!

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
Parts installation articles: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC (Sales@SpeedForSale.com / 770-777-4774)

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.SpeedForSale.com/forum
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

c1d17: e-sus (which is your electronic shock absorber control system) battery power supply.

The problem area will be:
1. Harness or connector
2. E-SUS control unit

Jeremy Blackwell

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 AM   #7
MECMAR
MECMAR

THANKs so much Jer ! ! !
Old 02-18-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
mc
"powered by HKS"

weve had a couple GTR here in the states that have had authorized transmission replacements warranted by nissan for this solenoid failure
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
spandar216

Default Any service info available ?

Hi guys,

I'm a friend of Aero 3S, a member on this site and am trying to help him out with his GTR trans problem. The car has a DTC p0797 current in ECM and TCM. The trans drives in 1,3,5 only. The car is stock, only been launched once a while back but sees regular track time, according to him about 5000 of the 7000km the car has were logged trackside. Nissan Canada has refused warranty on the car because of the vdc off and the data showing abuse. He would be willing to fix the problem at Nissan at his cost but the only option they suggest is complete unit replacement at a 24k$cdn, which is totally absurd.

Now based on info from these forums, we opened the pan hoping to find very dirty oil and jammed actuators and valves, however the contamination was minor, the oil was brownish not black and though there was presence of black fillings around the actuators, nothing too worrisome was found. I still cleaned out all the valves and actuators, checked all the solenoid valves for open circuits and put everything back together. Filled with new oil, (not exactly affordable is it? I guess that's the price of performance and exclusivity)

Now I ran into what seems to be the typical 1st timer mistake with the actuator pistons when re-installing although I used the tip from Randy about the wire through the valve body I guess I hadn't completely understood the part about the orientation of the actuator inside its bore and on the first try, the car would stall the engine 5 seconds after startup in park, would idle if started with shifter in Neutral, car could still be rolled or pushed in N but as soon as you engage a gear, forward or reverse, it wouls seem that the trans would lock up, engine will not stall but if you accelerate the throttle, the car refuses to budge as if the trans is blocked. My guess is that somehow, more than one gear was engaging at the same time, because this is the trick we use when repairing a manual trans to lock the tranny axles to loosen or tighten parts.

The sweating began, and having no manual or diagrams for the valve body and actuators, I was worried I put in a valve wrong way into the valve body. On re-opening, I finally figured out the part of the magnet inside the actuator piston facing the position sensor, re-installed without re-openening the valve body and now we are back to square one, P0797, and shifts in 1,3.5 only.

So here is the question, anyone have access to service info for the electronics of this box, also identifications of the solenoids and has anyone been able to purchase parts to service this trans, mostly interested in the control parts, not the gears.

I am pretty sure the problem is electronic, because if you clear the dtc and start the car, the code sets in about ten seconds even before you try to shift the trans or move the car, sort of as soon as the startup diagnostics are done.

That's our dilemna, any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Spandar
spandar216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
Jon
Registered Member

My guess is that you got an issue with a soleniod. Probaby got a metal filing in it which shorted it out.

I think Jeremy is on track with some other potential issues. If you have an issue with Nissan coverin it, PM me and we will try to help you out. We have some of the smaller control parts indevelopment r various levels of testing.

Last edited by Jon; 03-22-2009 at 11:41 PM..
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Spandar, did you try the troubleshooting methods for that code that I had posted earlier for Vali's friend?

Jeremy Blackwell

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
Old 03-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
GTR Tech
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MECMAR View Post
hi guys ,
A friend of mine has a BIG problem with his GT-R . Has only 250 miles on it , run's only in first , third and fifth gear , and transmission light is flashing on the dashboard . The errors and codes are : ECU DTC's - P0797 , TRANS - P0797 , and E-SUS - C1d17 . Can anyone help me interpret this codes !?Thank's
Did you try erasing the codes & restarting to see what happens?
GTR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #13
MECMAR
MECMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spandar216 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm a friend of Aero 3S, a member on this site and am trying to help him out with his GTR trans problem. The car has a DTC p0797 current in ECM and TCM. The trans drives in 1,3,5 only. The car is stock, only been launched once a while back but sees regular track time, according to him about 5000 of the 7000km the car has were logged trackside. Nissan Canada has refused warranty on the car because of the vdc off and the data showing abuse. He would be willing to fix the problem at Nissan at his cost but the only option they suggest is complete unit replacement at a 24k$cdn, which is totally absurd.

Now based on info from these forums, we opened the pan hoping to find very dirty oil and jammed actuators and valves, however the contamination was minor, the oil was brownish not black and though there was presence of black fillings around the actuators, nothing too worrisome was found. I still cleaned out all the valves and actuators, checked all the solenoid valves for open circuits and put everything back together. Filled with new oil, (not exactly affordable is it? I guess that's the price of performance and exclusivity)

Now I ran into what seems to be the typical 1st timer mistake with the actuator pistons when re-installing although I used the tip from Randy about the wire through the valve body I guess I hadn't completely understood the part about the orientation of the actuator inside its bore and on the first try, the car would stall the engine 5 seconds after startup in park, would idle if started with shifter in Neutral, car could still be rolled or pushed in N but as soon as you engage a gear, forward or reverse, it wouls seem that the trans would lock up, engine will not stall but if you accelerate the throttle, the car refuses to budge as if the trans is blocked. My guess is that somehow, more than one gear was engaging at the same time, because this is the trick we use when repairing a manual trans to lock the tranny axles to loosen or tighten parts.

The sweating began, and having no manual or diagrams for the valve body and actuators, I was worried I put in a valve wrong way into the valve body. On re-opening, I finally figured out the part of the magnet inside the actuator piston facing the position sensor, re-installed without re-openening the valve body and now we are back to square one, P0797, and shifts in 1,3.5 only.

So here is the question, anyone have access to service info for the electronics of this box, also identifications of the solenoids and has anyone been able to purchase parts to service this trans, mostly interested in the control parts, not the gears.

I am pretty sure the problem is electronic, because if you clear the dtc and start the car, the code sets in about ten seconds even before you try to shift the trans or move the car, sort of as soon as the startup diagnostics are done.

That's our dilemna, any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Spandar
EXACTLY the same thing here . My friend's car is stil in an servce , poor guy !
Old 03-28-2009, 03:46 AM   #14
AlbertaGTRtechnician

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyBlackwell View Post
Hey Vali, you know I am here to help!

P0797: Axis A feed pressure solenoid valve function.

This solenoid valve builds up the source pressure for the gear operation actuators for even number gears and for the clutch A solenoid valve based on the signals from TCM. The solenoid valves adjust the source pressure to drive the gears and clutches.

This DTC is caused one of the two following errors:
1. A DTC is set if the clutch A pressure sensor value is less than 0.4 MPa (4.08 kg/cm2, 58 psi) when the axis A feed pressure target value is 0.4 MPa (4.08 kg/cm2, 58 psi) or more.

2. A DTC is set if the clutch A pressure sensor value is more than 0.2 MPa (2.04 kg/cm2, 29 psi) when the axis A feed pressure target value is 0.1 MPa (1.02 kg/cm2, 14.5 psi) or less.

The problem is caused by:

-Axis A feed pressure solenoid valve

-Clutch A solenoid valve

-Clutch A pressure sensor

-Clutch A oil passage

-Harness or connector
(Open or short in the axis A feed pressure solenoid valve circuit)
(Open or short in the clutch A solenoid valve circuit)
(Open or short in the clutch A pressure sensor circuit)

To trouble shoot the problem, do the following:
1.CHECK AXIS A FEED PRESSURE SOLENOID VALVE CIRCUIT

2.CHECK CLUTCH A SOLENOID VALVE CIRCUIT

3.CHECK CLUTCH A PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT

4.CHECK GROUND CONNECTION
Turn ignition switch OFF.
Check ground connections B31 and ground cable connections.

5.CHECK INTERMITTENT INCIDENT

Best of luck!
lol i hate the new service manuals
i wish they stuck to adobe, but i guess
it would be all over the internet by now
AlbertaGTRtechnician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
Auto Reign
Registered Member

Quote:

TIA

Spandar
Hello spandar216,

The problem you are facing sound all too familiar to me. I'm pretty sure that it is a re-installation problem on the 4 piston-valves or, otherwise, a problem with one of the solenoid and/or checked-valve,

Here is an attempt to solve your problem...

1) Randy's instruction MUST be followed strictly. The Magnetic strips must face the respective position sensors (I wonder why Nissan/Borg Warner designed it this way; it seems too sensitive to shock/jerk). No short-cut; the valvebody must be removed from the transmission to perform this,

2) Check all solenoid to make sure that they are all in good condition,

3) Make sure all checked-valves (i.e "ball bearings look alike" and associated face plates/seats), and seals (o-rings) are installed correctly,

4) check all wiring connections, and

5) worst case scenario: replace the whole valvebody.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
ARSB
For GPS Geek: N0304.838' E10138.606'

Last edited by Auto Reign; 04-02-2009 at 03:31 PM..
Auto Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
AERO 3S

AERO 3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Norman
malaysiagtrclub.com

Quote:
Spandar
Please don't be so sure about that, i just "fix" mine.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #18
coltuc

Default Please answer

Do you have this gtr parts:

R35FWDP - the axe
R35FOS - the pinion

I m from Romania,Bucharest and i want to know who have this parts in europe and costs
Please email me

avocat@coltuc.ro
coltuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #19
s142jzkillav10

any updates. Doesn't the dealer take care of any malfunctions, for the first years ?? what is the warrenty
s142jzkillav10 is offline   Reply With Quote