Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 2
Got news from the my dealer today: please read - SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Exclamation Got news from the my dealer today: please read

my dealer here in New York, Koepell Nissan has informed me that the reprogramming of the launch control will only be performed on GTR's that haven't been sold yet, GTR's that already burning fuel will not be permitted to have the update performed. My close friend is the head service advisor, i grew up with him he said this is from Nissan directly, (the horses mouth). what do you guys make of this?

I'm assuming they don't want an abused GTR coming in for this update.
nickbegonja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
frosteds
Registered Member

That is good news now I don't have to wait to install the midpipe and exhaust that has been sitting in the garage, then possibly a custom tune?
frosteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
ATLsupra
NGTRC Sponsor

That's interesting news... As mc (a member on the forum) got his re-programmed which his is not a new one on dealer's lot. I also know others are getting theirs done as well on their currently owned GT-Rs.

Chinchi
SpeedForSale.com Parts Manager
Telephone: 770-777-4774
---
ATLsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:18 AM   #4
mc
"powered by HKS"

yeah im not sure whats going on here. as far as i know my GT-R was the first privately owned GTR in the US to be updated. edmunds.com broke the story on a friday about the proposed update on cars at port and that monday morning i had it done to my car... after i posted the thread about my review of it alot of people went crazy asking dealers and some got the update some didnt. me and my GTR tech didnt know it was something you wernt supposed to do. im just really on top of things and asked about it and he looked and there is was. 20 mins later it was done!

the dealer memo i saw said that a customer satisfaction campaign will go out feb 16th. i assumed that was like owners get a letter in the mail but i mean ive read all these different experiences from hey i got mine done to dealer said a rep told them they cant do it

at this point i have no idea. i will say if you get a chance to do it. DO IT. i can knock off 3.5 0-60's with full VDC on. the 2010 GTR was tested at 0-60 in 3.3 at the GTR plant with this new software ( and the 5hp bump)

hopefully its just a case of a few of us jumping the gun and this update will be for everyone and nissan just isnt ready yet. i would hate for it not to be available to all owners because the updated cars truely are superior performance wise
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3

Last edited by mc; 02-27-2009 at 04:29 AM..
mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
mc
"powered by HKS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbegonja55 View Post

part of the update is "supposed" to include a download of the VDC off flicker data to be recorded before the new update is installed
2009 Black Obsidian GT-R #0278. Powered by HKS. Legamax Exhaust. Racepipe. Hybrid filters
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
Old 02-27-2009, 04:24 AM   #6
mc
"powered by HKS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosteds View Post
That is good news now I don't have to wait to install the midpipe and exhaust that has been sitting in the garage, then possibly a custom tune?

you wouldnt have to wait anyway. its a transmission control module update only.... bolt ons would have no affect on the update... i just wouldnt do it with a cobb AP installed
1/4 mile 11.34 @ 122.3
Old 02-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

my transmission blew 2 days ago, so much for that update...
Old 02-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
Greg S.
Vin#251887

Quote:
my dealer here in New York, Koepell Nissan has informed me that the reprogramming of the launch control will only be performed on GTR's that haven't been sold yet, GTR's that already burning fuel will not be permitted to have the update performed. My close friend is the head service advisor, i grew up with him he said this is from Nissan directly, (the horses mouth). what do you guys make of this?

Too bad your friend didn't work at Power Nissan in Torrance. I got my for the asking with 4000 miles on the odometer. Couldn't be happier with the results.
Greg S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

glad your happy Greg S, Greg do you track your GTR?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Greg S.
Vin#251887

Quote:
glad your happy Greg S, Greg do you track your GTR?
I was one of the 12 GT-Rs at Buttonwillow in late December. Schedule permitting, I'll be joining that group again on March 30th. Got my eye on the Silver State Challenge later in the year. But the car is also my dd, so I have to be a little prudent.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #11
mindlessoath
Registered Member

nick what happend to your trans? you going to upgrade to south side performance trans internals? http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=139 http://www.sspperformance.com/ - they dont release for a short while yet tho.
Latest post: on February 25, 2010, 8:10 pm
Submit Stories, News, Images, Events, etc... by email
mindlessoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #12
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessoath View Post
nick what happend to your trans? you going to upgrade to south side performance trans internals? http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=139 http://www.sspperformance.com/ - they dont release for a short while yet tho.
my stomach turned when i heard it go pop, only reverse worked, its at the dealer and im waiting to see what there gonna do, AHR told me that he found out that Nissan doesn't want anymore law suits so they will most likely fix it, but that is a long shot, i got my fingers crossed and will fight them on this until these gear sets come about and available, mindlessoath, thanx for asking lol but im highly medicated over here and trying not to think about it, lol
Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #13
Greg S.
Vin#251887

The situation sucks. There's a class action thread over at NAGTROC you probably already know about. No easy advice to offer except to be firm and even tempered as you navigate thru Nissan's warranty waters.

Good luck.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #14
gtrnj
Registered Member

Do you have the link for the class action thread on NAGTROC?
gtrnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
Greg S.
Vin#251887

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrnj View Post
Do you have the link for the class action thread on NAGTROC?
Try this: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....l=class+action
Old 03-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #16
wccl

Quote:

My car is 4 month old, I just got a letter to come for re-programming update to the dealer. It also says that the performance will increase with VDC on
wccl is offline   Reply With Quote