SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
LaNissanDealer
Two 2009 GT-R's For Sale

Default Speed Limit

Does anyone know the top speed of the GT-R and is it electronically limited by Nissan?
LaNissanDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
ATL-Porsche
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaNissanDealer View Post
Does anyone know the top speed of the GT-R and is it electronically limited by Nissan?
I want to say Autoweek, Edmunds, or TopGear said top speed was 193 MPH. They say the japanese model will limit the GT-R to a certain speed (115-125mph) if not on a race track, and removes that when you're on a racetrack (the GPS knows if you're on the streets or racetrack). This hasn't been confirmed for the US model though.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
I_Wish
Wishing From the Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche View Post
I want to say Autoweek, Edmunds, or TopGear said top speed was 193 MPH. They say the japanese model will limit the GT-R to a certain speed (115-125mph) if not on a race track, and removes that when you're on a racetrack (the GPS knows if you're on the streets or racetrack). This hasn't been confirmed for the US model though.

Hmm, Thats interesting. I would how it knows? But if they put a gay limiter on there so you can only go 125, then alot of people will be taking it off. But when you do it voids the warrenty. Even, tampering with it will void the warrenty.
I_Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:48 AM   #4
UAE-GTR
Registered Member

Default speed

Quote:
UAE-GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
Cucuy
Get Some!!!

What you can only go 125mph???? Thats not right no way thats stupid.

Quote:
Don't Be Afraid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOmAaxzWPcgGTO vs. GT500
Cucuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
ATL-Porsche
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy View Post
Only if you plan on buying a JDM version. Otherwise the US one doesn't have the speed limiter.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #7
Cucuy
Get Some!!!

Quote:
Only if you plan on buying a JDM version. Otherwise the US one doesn't have the speed limiter.
OH thats beautiful.... ok I feel better. thanks for the info

Quote:
Don't Be Afraid
Old 04-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
JeremyBlackwell
SpeedForSale.com

Yes, the JDM version can tell your location by the GPS (Navigation.) If you are going to run a road course, you go to the dealership for a code to enter into the display screen. Once at the road course you enter the code and it removes to top speed limiter. When you leave the track it puts the limiter back in place. YOu then have to take your GT-R in for service at the dealership.

Dodson Certified Pro Dealer

Staged Power & Chassis Upgrades List: CLICK HERE!
Parts installation articles: CLICK HERE!
Brake Parts Weight Guide: CLICK HERE!

Jeremy Blackwell
EFI University Certified Engine/ECU Tuner & ASE Certified A1/A8
President, Speed For Sale LLC (Sales@SpeedForSale.com / 770-777-4774)

---

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.SpeedForSale.com/forum
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
Phoenix
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy View Post
To my understanding the Japanese model has a 112 mph limit; I think most of the mainstream after-market tuners have already flashed to remove this government-sanctioned limitation.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #10
Cucuy
Get Some!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
To my understanding the Japanese model has a 112 mph limit; I think most of the mainstream after-market tuners have already flashed to remove this government-sanctioned limitation.
I think I read that in super street mag. the GPS can Locate you @ the track and void warranty. So Just to make sure we don't have to go threw that trouble right?

Quote:
Don't Be Afraid
Old 01-31-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
GTRXLR8
Registered Member

I had mine going 172 mph in florida on route 95 and it had plenty left I just ran out of safe road!
GTRXLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #12
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

i had my GTR when completely stock and untouched and on my display it read 197mph in 6th gear on the Long Island Expressway here in New York. now if thats an accurate reading than there you go. i haven't yet tried to achieve an higher mph, however i noticed with the accessport and exhaust its definately alot easier to reach 160's and even 170's. Kinda felt like it was struggling when stock to get thru the 160's to the 180 mark.
nickbegonja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
GTRXLR8
Registered Member

What mods have you done? I am interersted in learning from people that have done mods and how the car is doing.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

i didnt do much, i installed a VQ midpipe for $599, an Cobb Accessport for $850 (stage 2 93 map), and a set of Esprit 80mm downpipes that i currently have not yet installed. I'm told that it should increase the power significantly. Next is Volk GT30 wheels and lowering springs.

GTRXLR8 even with the Cobb Accessport alone the car is totally diff, once installed you will never want to drive the car without it, its that much better, enjoy your car man!
Old 02-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
GTRXLR8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbegonja55 View Post
i didnt do much, i installed a VQ midpipe for $599, an Cobb Accessport for $850 (stage 2 93 map), and a set of Esprit 80mm downpipes that i currently have not yet installed. I'm told that it should increase the power significantly. Next is Volk GT30 wheels and lowering springs.

GTRXLR8 even with the Cobb Accessport alone the car is totally diff, once installed you will never want to drive the car without it, its that much better, enjoy your car man!
Did the mid pipes give you a better sound?
Are you getting the lower springs for looks or for handling?
Sounds like you are enjoying your car as it should be. Are you doing much driving in this weather? I got sick of it and brought mine to Florida for the winter.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #16
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Yes the midpipes give a much better exhaust note, aggressive and deeper but not to the point where it gets annoying.
Lowering springs are first and foremost for the look, im sure once lowered slightly it will help out on the handling.
I drive my GTR in the rain but not the snow, i also have it detailed as often as possible, hand car washes regularly, sometimes twice 3 times a week, (if driven)
GTRXLR8 you brought your car down to florida from where originally? are you also from NY. and if so where about?

My car is black so once i start it up and pull out of the garage its dirty and dusty.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
GTRXLR8
Registered Member

I live in RI most of the time and bought the car up here. Mine is Gun metal grey and I know what you mean about the black color as i had a 93 Supra for about 14 years and it was black. I always said black is the best color from about dusk till till dawn. I am originally from NY. What part of NY do you live in?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #18
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Default new york

Yes black cars are a handfull, I'm from whitestone ny, ithats queens, I live directly under the whitestone bridge, if you know where that is.
Gun Metal Gray is an awesome color, that would of been my choice but I was so lucky to pick up my GTR for the price I got her for at the time, these cars were going for 95K and up everywhre I searched, I picked up mine for 82k, now with some of the current sales prices I see due to the economy I assume I don't feel so lucky.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
GTRXLR8
Registered Member

Cannot look back as you got it and love it so what is a few thousand dollars and if you waited you would not have had the chance to enjoy it before this crappy weather came in.
Yes i do know where you live as my aunt lives very close to you. She is 5 minutes from the bridge. How is your car on those "great" condition roads? lol
I can the best thing about leaving my car in Florida are the roads,nice and smooth.
I was able to order my car end of 2007 and i got it for list but the next 2 that went out the door they got a adder.
Are you going to have the transmission software fix done? This is the one that gets rid of the launch control.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #20
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Wow small world, roads are horrible by me thats for sure, Yes absolutely i already called my service advisor an made an appt to have the Launch control fix done and the wheel alignment completed.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #21
GTRXLR8
Registered Member

What is with your wheel alignment? Did you have a problem?
I brought mne for an oil change $222 and the guy asked why the front left tire was worn from just the middle out? I told him the tracks are all right turn! He then understood.
What are your thoughts about using a non nissan transmission oil as they just are screwing us at $80 a quart!
I was looking at doing the 18,000 mile service and this with a brake job will be over $7000- $8000 might as well trade the car in! My Supras rotors cost about $125 each.
Do you ever head up this way for rides?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #22
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

Well the wheel alignment from nissan is set up to help on the track, there is an alignment that is provided for the street that will help with the wear on the inside of the tires. So since i never am tracking it i'd rather have that done.
I would most certainly not use an oil that is non nissan because i wouldn't want to give them a reason to not cover something God forbid there is a failure of something.
You dont have to spend so much on a brake job, there are tuners that provide parts at a fraction of the cost.
Yes i did head up this way for rides and to be honest im getting sick and tired of it, might trade it in for an SUV for a lil while, maybe Porsche GTS. but thats what ive been saying for the last 5 years or so, lol
Old 02-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #23
GTRXLR8
Registered Member

I looked over the spec's at Nissan on the other alignment and to be honest there were really hardly any differences between the 2 settings. I was reading the Nissan book at the shop. Let me know if it makes any difference to you.
As for the brakes i have not seen rotors less then $2500 per set.
What wheels are you putting on and what did they cost if you do not mind me asking.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

i certainly will, im pretty sure there are rotors out that are cheaper ill do some searching around and get back to you, wheels im going to be using are Volk wheels gt30 black centers and black lip. I'm also about to install my eibach lowering springs for a slight drop, should come together nice. ty
Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #25
nickbegonja55
Registered Member

i just installed my clear winkers in the rear, i would of never bothered if i knew the bumper had to come off, during the whole process im like all this for $60 lights lol