SpeedForSale LLC

Go Back   SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum > Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion
Register FAQ Members List i-Trader Ratings VIN Registry Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Koki_999

Question First service check in ...situation in Europe.

Hi guys, I have a question about first check in after 1 000miles. I am from Europe and have ordered my GTR from US. The problem is that in Europe will be first service stations for GTRs avaible around mid of March and I think that I will have 1 000 miles on my car sooner than is that term. Question is, in the worst case could I do first check in on my own? What is most important for the car? I think main thing on this first check in is to change the oil and the oil filter and the rest (other set up of car) could wait with factory setting till the next check in period after 15 000mile. If not, it will be a problem for me and I will have to wait till one month or so with the car in a garage any thoughst?
Thanks a lot for every opinion and forgive me for my english!!
Koki_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Koki_999

Default ....

I just downloaded the service manual and found that there is not a need of changing oil and so, but what about with transmission and engine setting - balancing of air flow for left and right banks. Could it wait for next service?? thx
Koki_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Ev0H8t3r
GOTZIRA

just ensure your tires are alighned is the most important part of the 1K service....
Gotzira
-Kaizen Tuning LLC (978) 266-9900
Sales@Kaizentuning.com
-Kaizen Tuning LLC
www.kaizentuning.com
Ev0H8t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
GTR Tech
Registered Member

The Rules here in the US are as follow: 1000 mile , 12 month, 24 month, & 36 month services are free of charge to the customer & must be done as close as possible to the specified date or mileage (or you will lose the chance to get it for free). all services "must " be done at a GTR certified dealer & by a certified Tech. all 4 do not include an oil change. they include engine setting & trans setting & must be done Using a special Nissan Scanner/Laptop Consult III Using special GTR Program cards . Even the alignment is included ( Inspection & adjustment , If necessary) & then inspection & adjustment of the steering angle sensor ( Using same tool as above). I do not recommend you Changing the oil. Trust me on this. I am a Gtr Certified Tech & know all the needed services.
GTR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Steve Theodore
GTR fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR Tech View Post
...Trust me on this. I am a Gtr Certified Tech & know all the needed services.
Hey GTR Tech, can you answer the following question please? Thanks.

http://www.nissangtrclub.com/showpos...19&postcount=9
Steve Theodore is offline   Reply With Quote