SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum

SpeedForSale Motorsports Forum (http://www.speedforsale.com/forum/index.php)
-   Client Forum - GT-R, Supra, Viper, Vette, and sports car discussion (http://www.speedforsale.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1,000 Mile Service (http://www.speedforsale.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3156)

280Z 04-26-2010 02:19 PM

1,000 Mile Service

Scheduling my 1,000 mile service and would like to receive settings and values to confirm proper setup by the service technician:

Alignment - street set up for camber and caster settings front and rear for left and right sides.

Engine - MAS settings B1 & B2.

Clutch - settings for touch point A & B.

Rdagher 04-27-2010 02:27 AM

Im about to hit the 1000 miles too .. if someone can clarify those points it would be highly apreciated .

TODGTR 04-27-2010 08:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Make sure you talk to the GTR tech at the dealer. Many have no idea about the GTR. My first oil change at 6K miles the dealer used the wrong oil. Then they told me the carbon fiber panel in the middle was missing. There is no panel in the middle!

The clutch capacaties control how the car actually shifts gears. you can tweak the even or odd gear to get more abrupt shifts or softer shifts. this is used if your slipping any or if your shifts are too jerky for daily driving. If you like it now don't mess with it.

The wheel settings are included below. Hope it helps.

280Z 04-27-2010 09:20 AM

TODGTR thanks for the information. I find first gear to be a little jerky at take off or under light acceleration. Is this normal or can first gear be tweaked alone? Also what does the third chart represent and should MAS settings for B1 and B2 just be left alone or set values just noted? These will also be altered once I install COBB at a future date.

TODGTR 04-27-2010 04:33 PM

The third chart is for the rear alignment. I am not sure on the MAS settings or first gear adjustment. Also, check your tire pressure. It should be 29 psi all around. Mine was delievered with 40 psi. They over fill them for shipping and the dealers often don't lower them.

280Z 04-27-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TODGTR (Post 20801)
The third chart is for the rear alignment. I am not sure on the MAS settings or first gear adjustment. Also, check your tire pressure. It should be 29 psi all around. Mine was delievered with 40 psi. They over fill them for shipping and the dealers often don't lower them.

I have learned from experience to always check tire pressure on new vehicles. Mine was delivered with 49 psi. and called the dealer to give them hell. All the more reason to question how the alignment was set at delivery. Every new car I have purchased has had the same issue. So much for dealer prep. Thanks once again for the great and timely information.

CajunGodzilla 04-28-2010 10:42 AM

49 psi --- WOW!
My dealer prep was all I could've asked for, and more. They arranged for an enclosed car-carrier to get it from the railroad delivery point to the dealership, and even had a professional come in to "detail" the car before handing it over. They also spent 45 minutes with me in their conference room, with the salesman, the sales mgr, the GM, the service mgr, and the GT-R technician, going over everything about the car with me. Of course I was their 1st GT-R delivery and paid well over MSRP, ordering it months before the first one arrived in the US.
My tech has been great; but I guess the experience can really vary alot dealer to dealer.

280Z 05-06-2010 12:31 PM

Just had my 1,000 mile service performed at Smithtown Nissan in Suffolk County New York. It was the most professional and curtious experiece I have had with an auto service center. The GT-R tech even gave me before and after alignment settings. I highly recommend them for folks in the area. I waited for my vehicle and I can say all customers were treated the same, as being a GT-R owner was not the exception. I purchased the vehicle through Atlantic Auto Mall, the worst experience I have ever had. If it weren't for price I would not have dealt with them and it will be the last vehicle I ever purchase from them.